most disturbing movie scene?

In Taxi Driver, that shot of De Nero putting his finger at his temple like it was a gun was more disturbing to me than anything that went on previously. I'm not really sure why, there's just a sense of hopelessness to that scene that's really creepy.

The Reservoir Dogs scene was definitely creepy, I think it's more the fact that Mr. Blonde is enjoying what he's doing so much that makes it unsettling.

Dan said:
In Taxi Driver, that shot of De Nero putting his finger at his temple like it was a gun was more disturbing to me than anything that went on previously. I'm not really sure why, there's just a sense of hopelessness to that scene that's really creepy.

The Reservoir Dogs scene was definitely creepy, I think it's more the fact that Mr. Blonde is enjoying what he's doing so much that makes it unsettling.

Well yeah that little dance he does to the music is creepy and very effective!

Agreed. The actual ear cutting is pretty gory, but the fact that the freak is dancing around and obviously relishing his task took the whole scene to another level.

Yeah, once he says "I don't care what you know or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you regardless, because it's amusing to me to torture a cop", I really knew the movie was about to get a little discomforting.

For some reason, the scene in Donnie Brasco when his "crew" shoots all those other guys really disturbed me. I guess because the guys getting shot were screaming and crying, it really bugged me.

You guys ought to watch Requiem For a Dream. Imagine someone shooting up into an infected, pus-filled, black wound. :puke3:

Embarrassing confession: the end of Short Ciruit 2, where the bad guys tear Johnny 5 apart with a crowbar, really disturbed me when I was a kid. Considering that movie was basically marketed toward kids, it was a really crappy thing for them to put in there.

Dan said:
You guys ought to watch Requiem For a Dream. Imagine someone shooting up into an infected, pus-filled, black wound. :puke3:

Embarrassing confession: the end of Short Ciruit 2, where the bad guys tear Johnny 5 apart with a crowbar, really disturbed me when I was a kid. Considering that movie was basically marketed toward kids, it was a really crappy thing for them to put in there.

I'm with you 100% on that! Those movies made me question the meaning of death. :D

I'd say the other disturbing kid's movie scene would be in E.T., where E.T. and elliot get sick. That still freaks me out a little.

And now for something I don't think can be topped. It's in a movie called Dune.

[Not for the kiddies]

The fat handicapped evil villain emporer is having a conversation and satisfies an urge by bringing in a slave boy with a plug inserted into his heart. The fat man then rips out the plug and rapes the slave while he is dying/ bleeding all over the place. :shocked: That is by far the most disturbing event I've ever scene in a movie.

The electrocution scene of the big black guy in The Green Mile. That visual stays with you for awhile.

The fat handicapped evil villain emporer is having a conversation and satisfies an urge by bringing in a slave boy with a plug inserted into his heart. The fat man then rips out the plug and rapes the slave while he is dying/ bleeding all over the place. That is by far the most disturbing event I've ever scene in a movie.

it is not the emperor - the padisha Emepror Shaddam the IVth - , but the ugly Baron Valdimir harkonnen.

And it is quite disturbing, yes.

The final torture in Braveheart...or some scenes in this movie - when the english governor cut the throat of Wallace's wife, some gore battles scenes.........

and the scene of the flagellation in the Passion of the Christ.

I'd say the other disturbing kid's movie scene would be in E.T., where E.T. and elliot get sick. That still freaks me out a little.

Yeah! That one really freaked me out as a kid.

one that i thought was distubing was in saving private ryan when the town is being attacked and the germans go up the stairs to kill the machine gun people, one guy ends up bein shot in the neck, and hes still alive while he tries to breath, and the german and the american are having a fight with only a knife, they're restling, biting, then the german takes the knife and tries to put it into the american, and the american starts to beg, "no no, stop, wassabi, hoo hooh hooh" then slowly the knife digs in. that was a very disturbing scene when i saw it.

The two little girls in the hotel at the end of the hallway in The Shining , it still freaks me out when I check into a hotel late at night .
How about Scarface (most of the movie) when they hang the guy up in the bathroom and chop him up alive with a chainsaw ?
The old lady in The Shining and of course when Shelly Duval is downstairs and looks at what is suppose to be the book Jack is working on . . . mental cruelty!

I don't know if this thread is still open but I remembered a scene in a movie that scared the crap out of the entire theater. In the film ''Wait Until Dark" , a blind Audrey Hepburn is being attacked by Alan Arkin . At one point you think he is dead and then out of nowhere he flies across the screen and grabs her leg . Great scene.

Dan said:
For some reason, the scene in Donnie Brasco when his "crew" shoots all those other guys really disturbed me. I guess because the guys getting shot were screaming and crying, it really bugged me.

I forgot about that *shudder*. The scene after that is pretty bad too.

I am sure somebody has probably already mentioned it, I haven't read the whole thread.

The first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan..

I can't believe that they were able to get men to storm those beaches. It was incredibly realistic as well. People who were there said that it was basically exactly like that but with much more smoke so it was difficult to see as well.

Those 20 minutes of movie put me in awe of the courage it took to get on those little boats and go in there.

And the part of that scene that got to me most was the guy that kept trying to pick up his arm.

supermarine said:
one that i thought was distubing was in saving private ryan when the town is being attacked and the germans go up the stairs to kill the machine gun people, one guy ends up bein shot in the neck, and hes still alive while he tries to breath, and the german and the american are having a fight with only a knife, they're restling, biting, then the german takes the knife and tries to put it into the american, and the american starts to beg, "no no, stop, wassabi, hoo hooh hooh" then slowly the knife digs in. that was a very disturbing scene when i saw it.

god i can never watch that scene after i saw it once. I always skip that part on the DVD just because it kills me to watch it knowing that there probably were soldeirs that died in an equally gruesome manor then and now.

Forum List

Back