Most and Least Peaceful Countries In The World 2016

One doesn't have the right to shit into other peoples water, pollute other peoples air or do as they wish within civilized society. This is something the loserterians don't understand.

B-b-b-but I thought you hated legislation that opposed these things. Here's the thing WW, nobody likes any of those things. The difference progressives/liberals - call them what you will - are the ones who drive these changes and get kicked in the guts from the right for doing so.
Pink skies and unicorns, huh? .... you miss so much not living in the real world.

B-b-b-but what about my personal rights. Without them I am nothing but a slave...
The one thing that I learned from reading "To End All Wars" by Adam Hochschild regarding WW1 is that we are all slaves. We all get drafted and we all get sent to war and we all get butchered. And when big business is not laying us off the Feds and States are taxing away our surpluses.

We are slaves.

Well, lookie here. Look at the most peaceful and the most dangerous countries in the world. Gee, what do the most dangerous have in common. What do the most peaceful have in common. Guns and lack of guns..hhhmmm...

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  1. Syria (surprise, surprise)
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  7. Central African Republic
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya
Very surprised to see Ukraine on the list. In the top 10 that is. I know they are having issues with the Ruskies at the moment but thought there were a few more countries in the ME or Africa that would easily be in there ahead of them. Also surprised Norway and Sweden are not in the top 10 peaceful countries.

Source

Look at the list of least peaceful.

Syria, a result of the destabilization of Iraq which was caused by the USA.
Iraq, caused by the USA
South Sudan, an oil issue, the British were in there at one point which didn't help.
Somalia, the US were in there.
Afghanistan, a result of the US invasion of that country.
Yemen, the US is in there.
CAR, just messed up, the US doesn't want anything to do with it.
Ukraine, the US has been playing games there along with Putin and lost.
Sudan, same as South Sudan
Libya, a result of the US bombing in Libya.

So, four of these are a direct cause of US interference, a few of them have had US interference not help and a few don't have much to do with the US.

Which country is the biggest threat to peace in the world? Yep, the USA. Followed by Russia.

Wow. The US is below average.
When third world countries are included in the mix.

Well done.

No universal healthcare-One of the few industrialized countries.
Low standards of education-22nd in the world for math and science.
High level of gun violence
Rich are taking the middle class to the cleaners and still screwing this country. They're collecting 76% of all wealth within the top 10%.

Yes,,,we have problem. Thanks conservatives.

Son of Sam was an immigrant? As was John Wayne Gacy? As was Terry Nichols? As was Tim McVeigh? As was Albert DeSalvo? As was Jeffrey Dahlmer? As was Dylan Klabold? Who knew...
Interesting that you have mixed serial killers with mass killers.

At any given time there are about 50 serial killers at large in the USA, according to the FBI crime books and manuals that I have read.

Nobody gives much of a hill of beans about them though. They mostly kill prostitutes and hitchhikers.

Mass killers are much more terrorizing than anything else, and they spread a fear of guns among those who are unaccustomed to guns -- 55% or more of the US population -- the city mice. These city mice then demand more anti gun legislation from their legislators in a fantasy frenzy to fix it.

So I would list the most notorious mass killers as follows:

- McVeigh and Nichols (bombers not shooters) / 168 killed / 600+ wounded / OKC.

- Omar Mateen / 50 killed / 53 wounded / Orlando FL

- Seung-Hui Cho / 32 killed / 17 wounded / Blacksburg VA

- Adam Lanza / 27 killed / 1 wounded / Sandy Hook CT

- George Hennard / 22 killed / 20 wounded / Killeen TX

- James Huberty / 21 killed / 19 wounded / San Ysidro CA

- Sayed & Tashfeen Farook / 14 killed / 21 wounded / San Bernardino CA

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

Last edited:
Figures don't lie ... but liars figure.

While the numbers are correct, the analysis is biased and, frankly, false.

Not really. Which part is wrong? Some of it is probably subjective, but overall I have no issue with either top 10 on the list.

I have no problem with the "rankings" - I do, however, don't believe that they justify your anti-gun stance. In fact, I think you're intentionally drawing the wrong conclusion.

Well, lookie here. Look at the most peaceful and the most dangerous countries in the world. Gee, what do the most dangerous have in common. What do the most peaceful have in common. Guns and lack of guns..hhhmmm...

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya
Very surprised to see Ukraine on the list. In the top 10 that is. I know they are having issues with the Ruskies at the moment but thought there were a few more countries in the ME or Africa that would easily be in there ahead of them. Also surprised Norway and Sweden are not in the top 10 peaceful countries.

Source

Iraq, caused by the USA
South Sudan, an oil issue, the British were in there at one point which didn't help.

So, four of these are a direct cause of US interference, a few of them have had US interference not help and a few don't have much to do with the US.

Which country is the biggest threat to peace in the world? Yep, the USA. Followed by Russia.

Now, THAT is funny shit, I don't care who you are.

Wow. The US is below average.
When third world countries are included in the mix.

Well done.

No universal healthcare-One of the few industrialized countries.
Low standards of education-22nd in the world for math and science.
High level of gun violence
Rich are taking the middle class to the cleaners and still screwing this country. They're collecting 76% of all wealth within the top 10%.

Yes,,,we have problem. Thanks conservatives.

we apologize .... for not fixing the mess you have made.

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya

Source
Islam...lack of Islam.....hhhhmmmmm

[

Iraq, caused by the USA

While some of what you say is true, most of those countries were well fucked up before the US came along. Perhaps with the exception on Iraq. Afghanistan was a basketcase. The only 'interference' the US had with Somalia was a humanitarian effort. And what did they get for their troubles? A kick in the teeth.

Not really. Which part is wrong? Some of it is probably subjective, but overall I have no issue with either top 10 on the list.

I have no problem with the "rankings" - I do, however, don't believe that they justify your anti-gun stance. In fact, I think you're intentionally drawing the wrong conclusion.

I was being slightly facetious. Switzerland is awash with guns. In saying that, most of the countries listed under peaceful to have tight guns laws. Those on the other list, less so.

I was being slightly facetious. Switzerland is awash with guns. In saying that, most of the countries listed under peaceful to have tight guns laws. Those on the other list, less so.
Most of the countries listed under peaceful have less Muslims....those on the other list, more so.....

[

Iraq, caused by the USA

While some of what you say is true, most of those countries were well fucked up before the US came along. Perhaps with the exception on Iraq. Afghanistan was a basketcase. The only 'interference' the US had with Somalia was a humanitarian effort. And what did they get for their troubles? A kick in the teeth.

They were, and many of them were fucked up by the French or the British before, the Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq were British, the rest were French with the exception of the Ukraine, which does have itself to blame for the problems, but the US and Russia playing silly games there didn't help one little bit.

Switzerland and US have similar gun crimes? I know most Swiss belong to the army at one time or another, which is why they are armed.

It is a state "militia."

Compulsory military service is like national guard members in the United States. They usually have full time jobs.

At least that is my understanding of how it works.

Switzerland and US have similar gun crimes? I know most Swiss belong to the army at one time or another, which is why they are armed.

It is a state "militia."

Compulsory military service is like national guard members in the United States. They usually have full time jobs.

At least that is my understanding of how it works.

Yes, basically many people are in the armed forces, but they're not full timers. 5% (4,200) of the military is made up of full time members. 134,000 have periodic military training and 80,000 are reservists who pasted their military training and don't do very much.

If you're exempt from military service you have to pay 3% more income tax until you're 30.

Forum List

Back