Most and Least Peaceful Countries In The World 2016

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Well, lookie here. Look at the most peaceful and the most dangerous countries in the world. Gee, what do the most dangerous have in common. What do the most peaceful have in common. Guns and lack of guns..hhhmmm...

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  1. Syria (surprise, surprise)
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  7. Central African Republic
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya
Very surprised to see Ukraine on the list. In the top 10 that is. I know they are having issues with the Ruskies at the moment but thought there were a few more countries in the ME or Africa that would easily be in there ahead of them. Also surprised Norway and Sweden are not in the top 10 peaceful countries.

Source

Well, lookie here. Look at the most peaceful and the most dangerous countries in the world. Gee, what do the most dangerous have in common. What do the most peaceful have in common. Guns and lack of guns..hhhmmm...

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya
Very surprised to see Ukraine on the list. In the top 10 that is. I know they are having issues with the Ruskies at the moment but thought there were a few more countries in the ME or Africa that would easily be in there ahead of them. Also surprised Norway and Sweden are not in the top 10 peaceful countries.

Source
Where is the US on the list? I figured all the Chicago deaths and violence would put us on a par with Yemen at least.

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya

Source
War is hell. That's why Syria, Iraq and Yemen are on the list.

Of the peaceful places, I could stand living in Switzerland. Maybe Canada, not sure.

The USA and Switzerland have similar gun laws fortunately, and similar gun crimes unfortunately.

Last edited:
[

Of the peaceful places, I could stand living in Switzerland. Maybe Canada, not sure.

The USA and Switzerland have similar gun laws fortunately, and similar gun crimes unfortunately.

Switzerland and US have similar gun crimes? I know most Swiss belong to the army at one time or another, which is why they are armed.

Weird, the most peaceful nations are all social democracies with strong governments, while the violent places all have weak government control and little investment.

Looks like I am right!!!

A nation needs to have a strong government, police force, social programs and investment to be a healthy society.

Here we go, I'll do your research for you. Firearm homicide rate, a much more useful measure than 'gun crime', whatever that means. Oops, Switzerland has some work to do to catch up.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-27-at-Friday-June-27-11.55-PM.png

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center

Last edited:
Weird, the most peaceful nations are all social democracies with strong governments, while the violent places all have weak government control and little investment.

Looks like I am right!!!

A nation needs to have a strong government, police force, social programs and investment to be a healthy society.

B-b-b-but what about my personal rights. Without them I am nothing but a slave...

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya

Source
White/East Asian - Arab/Black. Makes perfect sense.

Here we go, I'll do your research for you. Firearm homicide rate, a much more useful measure than 'gun crime', whatever that means. Oops, Switzerland has some work to do to catch up.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-27-at-Friday-June-27-11.55-PM.png

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center

Wow. The US is below average. Based on your constant bleating you would think we were a third world country violence wise. Of course the majority of our violent crime is perpetrated by third world immigrants to our country, but that's a different thread.

Wow. The US is below average. Based on your constant bleating you would think we were a third world country violence wise. Of course the majority of our violent crime is perpetrated by third world immigrants to our country, but that's a different thread.

Son of Sam was an immigrant? As was John Wayne Gacy? As was Terry Nichols? As was Tim McVeigh? As was Albert DeSalvo? As was Jeffrey Dahlmer? As was Dylan Klabold? Who knew...

Looks like I am right!!!

B-b-b-but what about my personal rights. Without them I am nothing but a slave...

One doesn't have the right to shit into other peoples water, pollute other peoples air or do as they wish within civilized society. This is something the loserterians don't understand.

One doesn't have the right to shit into other peoples water, pollute other peoples air or do as they wish within civilized society. This is something the loserterians don't understand.

B-b-b-but I thought you hated legislation that opposed these things. Here's the thing WW, nobody likes any of those things. The difference is, progressives/liberals - call them what you will - are the ones who drive these changes and get kicked in the guts from the right for doing so.

Last edited:

Most Peaceful

1. Iceland
  2. Denmark
  3. Austria
  4. New Zealand
  5. Portugal
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Canada
  8. Switzerland
  9. Japan
  10. Slovenia
Least Peaceful
  2. Iraq
  3. South Sudan
  4. Somalia
  5. Afghanistan
  6. Yemen
  8. Ukraine
  9. Sudan
  10. Libya

Source

Figures don't lie ... but liars figure.

While the numbers are correct, the analysis is biased and, frankly, false.

Forum List

Back