Mosque shooting in New Zealand

But they still used guns

I thought gun control was supposed to stop things like this

Well, this is why you shouldn't try thinking... you'll obviously hurt yourself.

Gun laws in New Zealand.. While they aren't the crazy we have in the US, it's still fairly easy to get a gun...

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/new-zealand

.......you are a real genius --NZ's murder rate is FIVE times lower than the US--and you use it for gun control NOT working....????!!!!!!!!!??????
...you also bring up the UK--murder rate FOUR times lower

..correct me if I'm wrong---we want LOWER murder rates--not higher-----right??

Naw, 2A wants to have a gun, no matter what, and he doesn't want anyone to question his suitability to have a gun, ever.

.......you are a real genius --NZ's murder rate is FIVE times lower than the US--and you use it for gun control NOT working....????!!!!!!!!!??????

There are more things under heaven and on earth that effect murder rates, Harmonica, than gun laws.
......the US has one of the highest gun owner ships in the world--yet the murder rate is MANY times higher than France, Japan, UK, NZ, etc
..please explain....
what else Affects murder rates?

But they still used guns

I thought gun control was supposed to stop things like this

Well, this is why you shouldn't try thinking... you'll obviously hurt yourself.

Gun laws in New Zealand.. While they aren't the crazy we have in the US, it's still fairly easy to get a gun...

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/new-zealand

Naw, 2A wants to have a gun, no matter what, and he doesn't want anyone to question his suitability to have a gun, ever.
Dead link from the brain dead

There are more things under heaven and on earth that effect murder rates, Harmonica, than gun laws.
......the US has one of the highest gun owner ships in the world--yet the murder rate is MANY times higher than France, Japan, UK, NZ, etc
..please explain....
what else Affects murder rates?

You do know that we are different from France, Japan etc don't you?

There are many factors that affect murder rates besides gun laws

That you see gun laws as a panacea for murder illustrates your simplistic thinking

Many states with lax gun laws have murder rates as low as the UK

There are more things in heaven and on earth that effect murder rates, Harmonica, than gun laws.

Okay, but funny thing....

the looser the gun laws, in either terms of laws or actual enforcement, the higher the murder rate... The stricter they are, the lower the murder rate.

We agree that we do not punish people who commit crimes with guns harshly enough then.

Preventing people who will never commit a murder ( which is the vast majority of people) from getting guns will not lower the murder rate

Had someone in those mosques had a gun, the shooter could have been stopped....he reloaded several times......

another gun free zone tragedy.....

Never happens... I guess the whole world must be a gun free zone, since a mass shooter has never been stopped by a good guy with a gun before he got started.
My church around 5% will be carrying during worship. Only a matter of time for one of your terrorist loving whackos to walk in and start shooting.

Many many questions must be asked, as with ALL terror attacks by radicals, how did they become radicalized?

Most if not all of these pukes are missing a few screws. Was there a broader network of hate? Did he answer to someone else, anyone in his ear pushing radicalized ideas to murder others?

I've heard Owens too, so have millions of people, I've certainly never heard her talk about murder, she's been the victim of chants and verbal abuse by the alt-left herself. I will say, she isn't really my cup of tea, not enough for me to follow her on twitter, but many of my followers retweet her and she isn't a radical, just outspoken. There are plenty of left and right wingers with sandpaper, that's America great, free speech.

Australia is going to have to explain to NZ authorities how this guy was this extreme, explain his background, explain their own intel services activities. How many were arrested? Who were they in contact with?

There is no way this guy just fell out of his home and decided to do this. This was percolating for some time. How did he gain such access to all these guns in NZ?

All of these questions must be answered

Last edited:
We agree that we do not punish people who commit crimes with guns harshly enough then.

We lock up 2 million people... we are punishing people just fine... what we aren't doing is eliminating the underlying causes- poverty and the easy access to guns.
Poverty causes crime! So Trump and everyone else in politics being millionaires means they never commit crimes!

Dumbass.

We lock up 2 million people... we are punishing people just fine... what we aren't doing is eliminating the underlying causes- poverty and the easy access to guns.

We lock up people for nonviolent crimes

So no we don't lock up people just fine

There is no way this guy just fell out of his home and decided to do this. This was percolating for some time. How did he gain such access to all these guns in NZ?

All of these questions must be answered

Easy question with an easy answer. Gun Control doesn't prevent criminals from picking up weapons, only law abiders and the suspect here was not a law abider. Probably met someone in a barroom or a back alley- did no background checks- and just sold it to him.

The Black Market folks ignore all the niceties of regulation and such, and will sell to anyone who has the money, no questions asked.

Forum List

Back