Morons have THREE DAYS to either be prepared for or escape from Florence

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...

Just a dood from Iowa jumping on the hurricane hysteria train is all. It will pass by Monday.

That is what the aforementioned city controlled buses were for.

Wonder who controlled that? Hmmmmmmmmm

What? You actually "wonder" something, after sitting here and dictating revisionist history on everything else, ascribing "days" to people who had hours?

You're slipping.

Those are, once again, SCHOOL BUSES out in the burbs. Who had authority to commandeer them wasn't and still isn't clear, but the simple limitations of time would have made it impractical.

As I just said, Bungo Boi --- HOURS, not "days". If you're going to commandeer those school buses, you have to round up drivers, get them out to the burbs, drive them back into the city, and put a plan in place on how to use them. That's if you even have the authority to do that.
Not hours. Days. But you lie, so it is what it is. A state of emergency was declared TWO DAYS BEFORE IT HIT.

Go fuck yourself with a garden hose you drunken IDIOT. Again, I was there, I KNOW and YOU DON'T. Okay? So BITE MY ASS.
At this point, you should probably be involuntarily confined to a secure mental health facility for observation. You are starting to foam at the mouth.

I don't suffer fools and I don't allow dishonesty.

So sue me.
You're adorable.

Anyone in these areas, please take heed. If Florence stalls, which some better models are suggesting she could bring up to 40 inches of rain to the areas.

Soggy, I wouldn’t trust that to be the case. Any stalling system is likely to bring flooding there.
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

Actually, the Governor was a she. But, I digress. The system was of poor design. All the pumping stations were not located at the entrance of lake Pontchartrain, they were further back allowing storm surge to enter the canals, thus collapsing the levees. They have been since been moved to not allow storm surge to enter the canals.

A similar digression: it's interesting how humans can live in places like New Orleans, much below sea level and sustained by levees and pumps. I understand you have families and jobs and lives there, and it's your home. It just seems to me that if you choose to live in a place that is sustained by levees and pumps, well--accept the risk.

I do... people choose to live all over the place that are prone to natural disasters.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't, personally. I just think that a lot of people collectively lost the plot when they blamed the Army for the levies and pumps etc....forgetting that hmmm, most people do not have to live in places sustained by levies and pumps in the first place.

Katrina scale events are few and far between. Actually, the major cause of the flooding was poor design. That has been fixed... storm surge will not be able to make its way into the drainage system. For the most part, the worst we ever sustain here is some street flooding.

I got the picture from the Houston Chronicle September 1, 2005. Check 'em out.

Hurricane Katrina: Sept. 1, 2005 in photos

I did. And it says NOTHING ABOUT "WAITING FOR" ANYBODY. You pulled that out of your ass, the same place you pulled that "had a week" shit out of your ass. "A week" when Katrina didn't even EXIST.

DUMBASS. :fu:

Look, the history is a known thing. There are at least two of us in this thread who know it. Don't sit here and try to sell FUCKING BULLSHIT.
You shouldn't waste time insulting everybody. I know what I saw on the news and in the newspaper. Apparently you missed it. There were a million stories.

Go LOOK IT THE FUCK UP, asswipe. PROVE ME WRONG. Prove yourself right. Show the class any evidence at all, from anywhere, of anything called "Katrina" --- or anything that would eventually be called "Katrina" --- existing on August 22.

Not to mention, you obviously don't evacuate ten minutes before landfall, you go at least a day or two, so that backs you up to August 20 for your BULLSHIT claim "people had a week" to evacuate for something that didn't even EXIST.

Lemme give you a realistic timeline since you're just pulling it out of your ass here. I found out about the approach of Katrina about 2:00 on Saturday afternoon when a co-worker called and said "what are you gonna do about this hurricane?" I said "what hurricane"? And that was typical. Some evacuated that night, I was helping evacuate another person and her animals so I left the next morning. My trip that would normally take three hours took seven because of the gummed-up traffic.

Katrina hit the next morning at dawn. ***THAT*** is how much time we had. Not a fucking "WEEK" you collossally dense DIPSHIT.

Are we clear now? Think maybe you might wanna actually look this stuff up before you bury yourself in a hole? And don't give me that SHIT about "insults" --- that *YOU* started with this "people had a week" BULLSHIT.

-- Not to mention the colossal dipshit OP who began flinging the insult turds in the fucking FIRST WORD OF HIS THREAD TITLE.
They had several days. Several days that they ignored because of........?

Anyone noticing a trend? Whites leave & live, minorities.....

You colossally retarded mental midget. I just gave you an actual timeline from the event. ****NOBODY*** had "several days". NOBODY KNEW.

I had a matter of HOURS. And that was typical.

And you're going to sit on your ass in Kansas City purporting to know more about this shit than those of us who actually dealt with it?

Go forth and fuck yourself, arrogant puke.

Two days.
Hurricane Katrina: Weather Warnings - SourceWatch

That is what the aforementioned city controlled buses were for.

Wonder who controlled that? Hmmmmmmmmm

What? You actually "wonder" something, after sitting here and dictating revisionist history on everything else, ascribing "days" to people who had hours?

You're slipping.

Those are, once again, SCHOOL BUSES out in the burbs. Who had authority to commandeer them wasn't and still isn't clear, but the simple limitations of time would have made it impractical.

As I just said, Bungo Boi --- HOURS, not "days". If you're going to commandeer those school buses, you have to round up drivers, get them out to the burbs, drive them back into the city, and put a plan in place on how to use them. That's if you even have the authority to do that.
Not hours. Days. But you lie, so it is what it is. A state of emergency was declared TWO DAYS BEFORE IT HIT.

Go fuck yourself with a garden hose you drunken IDIOT. Again, I was there, I KNOW and YOU DON'T. Okay? So BITE MY ASS.
Liar.

Pathetic

No you’re the one who is lying. The governor or Louisianna and the Mayor of New Orleans received warnings days in advance and DID NOTHING.

A good friend worked for the US weather service at the time. He told me they Mayor had no evacuation plan at all. There was done discussion they wanted to flood out the 9th Ward because developers were dying to get their hands on that land.

Why would they be dying to get their hands on land that floods?

I don't want to hear a damn word about Trump. You fools have been warned nearly a week in advance.

Get the fuck in inland and leave your politics on the shore.

We should all place bets on how long after the hurricane hits land that the first news story from MSM that some how blames Trump for something, I say probably 12 to 24 hours after it hits, CNN will probably go first with some minority who couldn’t leave because they couldn’t afford to and Trump didn’t come get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're slipping.

Liar.

Pathetic

No you’re the one who is lying. The governor or Louisianna and the Mayor of New Orleans received warnings days in advance and DID NOTHING.

A good friend worked for the US weather service at the time. He told me they Mayor had no evacuation plan at all. There was done discussion they wanted to flood out the 9th Ward because developers were dying to get their hands on that land.

Beachfront property. The area has e
I don't want to hear a damn word about Trump. You fools have been warned nearly a week in advance.

I hope all the idiot Leftards rush to the Carolina shore to see the pretty water! Look at the pretty waves! That's your big blue wave coming in, guys!

Stupid conservatives try to politicize anything. Even a storm.

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...

Stay safe Bones.

Maybe the storm will reveal your family treasure

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

BULLSHIT Hoss. I for one hadn't even heard of Katrina until Saturday afternoon, less than 36 hours before it made landfall. "Had a week" my ASS. Katrina didn't even exist, not even as a tropical depression, "a week" before.

Moreover there was no "sports complex", if you mean the Stupordome there were nowhere near "hundreds of buses", people did NOT "refuse to leave", and the Governor was a SHE.

Cram this fantasy horseshit revisionism right back up your ass. :fu:
I remember all the right wing lies about rape gangs at the Superdome and how the blacks were burning down the city.

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg
That's the school district parking area...they are always there if not used.

One thing that has always bothered me about Katrina and the response.............Is that as an electrician who has done temp power on many occasions............with a few helo's........bringing in temp equipment...........we could have turned the Superdome into a meat locker in a day............I'm not kidding.

Need a few 4160 Gen sets.......some transfomers.......temp breaker panels.........with quick disconnects.............tying into AC units..........temp power panels..........and even tie into the grid of the Superdome itself..............

We do this on massive scales during shutdowns all the time..............and I've never understood how the evacuation centers couldn't do the same.............It's not that difficult to someone like me.
The Superdome had a hole in the roof...

The governor was a woman. Not "his" responsibility.

I agree, but to claim only conservatives do it, is bizarre.

Liar.

Pathetic

Beachfront property. The area has e

I hope all the idiot Leftards rush to the Carolina shore to see the pretty water! Look at the pretty waves! That's your big blue wave coming in, guys!

Stupid conservatives try to politicize anything. Even a storm.

And was never supposed to be used as a last resort, according to their own plans, due to its vulnerability to being surrounded by water.
One thing that has always bothered me about Katrina and the response.............Is that as an electrician who has done temp power on many occasions............with a few helo's........bringing in temp equipment...........we could have turned the Superdome into a meat locker in a day............I'm not kidding.

Need a few 4160 Gen sets.......some transfomers.......temp breaker panels.........with quick disconnects.............tying into AC units..........temp power panels..........and even tie into the grid of the Superdome itself..............

We do this on massive scales during shutdowns all the time..............and I've never understood how the evacuation centers couldn't do the same.............It's not that difficult to someone like me.
The Superdome had a hole in the roof...

This is supposed to be a Republic not a shit eating democracy, It is not the governments job to provide a safety net...

Good strategy. A pre-emptive dismissal of Trump leaving American citizens to suffer and die. Most of it will be Trump country, so maybe this time I’ll be the one joking about the deaths and suffering instead of conservatives.
Your safety from the weather is not the presidents problem. Anyone who dies that isn't a comatose patient brought it on themselves.
I think you can be assured that some in the DNCMSM will criticize Trump, no matter what happens with Florence. It is the playbook.
Especially if Trump totally abandons them, and publicly attacks them as they suffer and die the way he did with Puerto Rico. Note that there was no significant criticism of how he handled Harvey's aftermath.
More fail.

Boatloads of containers sat and sat until the food was rotten. Distribution of donated goods is not a federal job.

You fucking leftists even need someone to wipe your asses you're so incompetent
No doubt, Progressives act like the government is supposed to be a safety net or something… It’s not

Forum List

Back