Morons have THREE DAYS to either be prepared for or escape from Florence

It is from the 26th, not the 29th, and they had La in the cone on the 23rd
View attachment 215856

FEMA Was Unprepared for Katrina Relief Effort, Insiders Say
On Saturday, Aug. 27 at 8:30 p.m. -- about 35 hours before Katrina hit the Gulf Coast -- Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center, was so concerned about the storm, he personally called the governors of Mississippi and Louisiana as well as the mayor of New Orleans to make sure they understood the severity of the situation.

"The thing I remember telling all three of them," Mayfield said, "is that when I walked out of the hurricane center that night, I wanted to be able to, you know, sleep at night, knowing that I'd done everything I could do."

Katrina made landfall August 29. I remember the date because I was supposed to be in the hospital (obviously cancelled). A week before that would be August 22.

KATRINA DID NOT EVEN EXIST ON AUGUST 22. NOT EVEN AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION.

Go ahead Fuckbag --- try to prove me wrong.

"People had a week" my FUCKING ASS.
Hurricane KATRINA
Hurricane KATRINA Advisory Archive

View attachment 215831

Aug 29-
AT 10 AM CDT...1500Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE KATRINA WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 30.2 NORTH... LONGITUDE 89.6 WEST. THIS POSITION IS
NEAR THE MOUTH OF THE PEARL RIVER...ABOUT 35 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST
OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA AND ABOUT 45 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF
BILOXI MISSISSIPPI.

KATRINA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH NEAR 16 MPH...AND THIS GENERAL
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TODAY AND TONIGHT. ON THIS TRACK
THE CENTER WILL MOVE OVER SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI TODAY AND INTO
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI THIS EVENING.

We know all that NOW. Your map is from August 29. That's the day of landfall. If you can get that out to people a week earlier via time machine, then this BULLSHIT story about "they had a week" will finally have a chance.

---- and on the 26th, which is three days later, they had it pointed toward Pensacola.

Here again is the map you cut out of your last post in your relentless quest to fuck up the quote nest:

upload_2018-9-10_21-48-42-gif.215831

---- If you're sitting on the date of August 26.... which info do you go by, the one put out today or the one put out three days ago?

AS I KEPT SAYING, its path was unpredictable. Between this map Friday and the next day about the time I got the alert Saturday afternoon, the prediction changed again.

As this map shows, 72 hours before landfall New Orleans and Gulf Mississippi were not in the path yet. And given 24 to 48 hours lead time to evacuate before landfall, that leaves some 36 hours warning to evacuate, max ----- not in any realm of fantasy the "week" that the mythologists come waddling in to this site to sell like so much rat shit.
See, this is where people don’t inform themselves, please take note

I *DID* take note, the instant that "had a week" happy horseshit was posted here. And I did something about it.

View attachment 215856

On Saturday, Aug. 27 at 8:30 p.m. -- about 35 hours before Katrina hit the Gulf Coast -- Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center, was so concerned about the storm, he personally called the governors of Mississippi and Louisiana as well as the mayor of New Orleans to make sure they understood the severity of the situation.

"The thing I remember telling all three of them," Mayfield said, "is that when I walked out of the hurricane center that night, I wanted to be able to, you know, sleep at night, knowing that I'd done everything I could do."

Hurricane KATRINA

View attachment 215831

Aug 29-
BILOXI MISSISSIPPI.

We know all that NOW. Your map is from August 29. That's the day of landfall. If you can get that out to people a week earlier via time machine, then this BULLSHIT story about "they had a week" will finally have a chance.

---- and on the 26th, which is three days later, they had it pointed toward Pensacola.

Here again is the map you cut out of your last post in your relentless quest to fuck up the quote nest:

---- If you're sitting on the date of August 26.... which info do you go by, the one put out today or the one put out three days ago?

AS I KEPT SAYING, its path was unpredictable. Between this map Friday and the next day about the time I got the alert Saturday afternoon, the prediction changed again.

As this map shows, 72 hours before landfall New Orleans and Gulf Mississippi were not in the path yet. And given 24 to 48 hours lead time to evacuate before landfall, that leaves some 36 hours warning to evacuate, max ----- not in any realm of fantasy the "week" that the mythologists come waddling in to this site to sell like so much rat shit.

I *DID* take note, the instant that "had a week" happy horseshit was posted here. And I did something about it.
Here, it didn’t show up originally
image.jpg

Because there is no place safe from natural disasters.
Having said that there should be insurance to cover most of this shit. Live in a danger zone? Pay an additional risk premium. Just like health and auto insurance.
There is no reason someone in Montana should be forced to pay for someone to rebuild in Florida.
You take the risk you pay the premium to balance the risk.

They do.

Which is why you have to buy flood insurance separately.
Hurricane insurance is supplemental.

If you’re doing the yearly rant against FEMA…fuck off. They prove their worth yearly.
I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

As demonstrated, flood and hurricane insurance is an extra costs to those who want it. The residents of Montana pay nothing. Learn what you’re talking about convict.
Because a response from our federal government is free, right?

Even a CONVICT isn't a tunnel visioned fool like you appear to be.

So what response are you talking about from the federal government if you’re not talking about FEMA?
Who's picking up the tab for hurricane damage?

View attachment 215856

Katrina made landfall August 29. I remember the date because I was supposed to be in the hospital (obviously cancelled). A week before that would be August 22.

KATRINA DID NOT EVEN EXIST ON AUGUST 22. NOT EVEN AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION.

Go ahead Fuckbag --- try to prove me wrong.

"People had a week" my FUCKING ASS.
Hurricane KATRINA

View attachment 215831

Aug 29-
BILOXI MISSISSIPPI.

image.jpg
Hes going on and on about ONE PERSON who said a week.

Bottom line is they had advanced warning and the local officials FAILED the people they served and rather than put the blame where it belonged they put it on Bush.
Hence my prediction and reasoning behind this thread.

They do.

If you’re doing the yearly rant against FEMA…fuck off. They prove their worth yearly.
I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

As demonstrated, flood and hurricane insurance is an extra costs to those who want it. The residents of Montana pay nothing. Learn what you’re talking about convict.

So what response are you talking about from the federal government if you’re not talking about FEMA?

In other words whiny-little-bitch-diaper-boy who sits on his ass in Kansas City telling people in New Orleans what they went through in an event he had no involvment in, is throwing a hissyfit because he's afraid his national taxes are going to pay for some aid to somewhere that doesn't directly affect Numero The Fuck Uno.
Simple as that. Fucking whiny little bitch, hurricane approaches and all he can think about is "how can I get out of this".

Then he'll sit on this board and purport to tell them they had a week and could have done this, could have done that, yada yada bite my ass.

They do.

I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

And invariably the state and local governments get the mass of the funds, even though the tax payers are footing the bills.

I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

In other words whiny-little-bitch-diaper-boy who sits on his ass in Kansas City telling people in New Orleans what they went through, is throwing a hissyfit because he's afraid his national taxes are going to pay for some aid to somewhere that doesn't directly affect Numero The Fuck Uno.
Simple as that. Fucking whiny little bitch, hurricane approaches and all he can think about is "how can I get out of this".

Then he'll sit on this board and purport to tell them they had a week and could have done this, could have done that, yada yada bite my ass.
Stupidity does not deserve my money.

They do.

I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

Oh brother:

From your link:

In the short-term, the funds are going to pay for the rescue and relief efforts, including private contractors who are providing equipment and supplies to help people who were left homeless by the storms. Longer term, the money will also keep contractors busy for months — if not years — rebuilding bridges and highways and other public facilities wiped out by the storm.

Yes, that is what FEMA does. Resuce, Relief and rebuilding efforts that the locals cannot do on their own.
Are you really this stupid?

In other words whiny-little-bitch-diaper-boy who sits on his ass in Kansas City telling people in New Orleans what they went through, is throwing a hissyfit because he's afraid his national taxes are going to pay for some aid to somewhere that doesn't directly affect Numero The Fuck Uno.

Until a disaster hits in your area..then you will want all of the federal assistance you can get. Why do you live in tornado alley?

I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

In other words whiny-little-bitch-diaper-boy who sits on his ass in Kansas City telling people in New Orleans what they went through in an event he had no involvment in, is throwing a hissyfit because he's afraid his national taxes are going to pay for some aid to somewhere that doesn't directly affect Numero The Fuck Uno.

I love the idea that you shouldn’t have to pay for things you don’t like. A lot of people don’t like tanks and aircraft carriers. Should they be able to deduct their contribution from the taxes they pay?

Until a disaster hits in your area..then you will want all of the federal assistance you can get. Why do you live in tornado alley?
I have rebuilt from a tornado. My own insurance that I PAID FOR covered the costs. I have also traveled the midwest after tornadoes helping to clean up as well as rebuild.

Stop pretending you know me and stay on topic.

I have rebuilt from a tornado. My own insurance that I PAID FOR covered the costs. I have also traveled the midwest after tornadoes helping to clean up as well as rebuild.

From the Ass Hat rhetorical fascist who just sat on this thread telling New Orleanians what they went through, this is supreme irony.

iu

Having it both ways: Fucking Priceless.

As has millions of people from Katrina, Rita, Harvey, etc… Whatever tornado tore up your tin shed, I guarantee you FEMA was there shit brains. I am offended they helped an ex-convict like yourself with my money. Perhaps they should help the law-abiding public first? Save the outrage. You made this personal by saying “does not deserve my money.” SO in the same spirit….

You decided to live in tornado alley dumbass. Therefore…You and your neighbors deserve nothing. As an ex convict, you deserve even less.

PS: FEMA and the relief loans and direct payments that come with it probably helped your business.

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

Actually, the Governor was a she. But, I digress. The system was of poor design. All the pumping stations were not located at the entrance of lake Pontchartrain, they were further back allowing storm surge to enter the canals, thus collapsing the levees. They have been since been moved to not allow storm surge to enter the canals.

A similar digression: it's interesting how humans can live in places like New Orleans, much below sea level and sustained by levees and pumps. I understand you have families and jobs and lives there, and it's your home. It just seems to me that if you choose to live in a place that is sustained by levees and pumps, well--accept the risk.

The Appalachian Mountains are lovely this time of year. Food is great too. Fall harvest time. Breweries are all putting out their Pumpkin Blends also.

No, not yet. It's still summer.
Pumpkin beers have been in the stores for 3 weeks now.

All synthetic chemicals anyway. :puke:
No...but you are wrong on everything else, what's one more thing?

>> As food scientist Kantha Shelke explains, flavor companies have come up with a simplified recipe that includes just a few of the chemicals that occur naturally in pumpkin and cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg. A small selection of those flavor compounds is enough to make our brain think, "Ah, pumpkin pie!"

Instead of actual nutmeg, for instance, they use a compound called sabinene. Instead of cloves, they use eugenol.

According to Shelke, this simplified recipe actually does a better job of capturing the essence of pumpkin pie flavor than you'd probably achieve with the natural spices from your cupboard. What you'd get, in that case, would resemble India-style spiced tea, or chai.

That jug of "natural and artificial flavors" also is cheaper than the natural spices. Those flavor compounds are mainly manufactured using synthetic chemistry, rather than extracted from plants that grow in a field or plantation. They are copies of what's found in nature, but they're made in a factory. << -- Just What is In Pumpkin Spice Flavor? (Hint: Not Pumpkin)

Will there be anything else today?

I can't wait until "pumpkin spice" everything trend is over and we can laugh at it. Because I contend no one really loves the taste of pumpkin; they like the spices. And those spices belong in very few things, but we've all been conditioned to think when the weather turns cooler it's time for PUMPKIN SPICE!!!! YAY!!!

Caveat: those spices do smell good burning in your home via candle scent. That doesn't mean you eat them in everything though.

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

Actually, the Governor was a she. But, I digress. The system was of poor design. All the pumping stations were not located at the entrance of lake Pontchartrain, they were further back allowing storm surge to enter the canals, thus collapsing the levees. They have been since been moved to not allow storm surge to enter the canals.

A similar digression: it's interesting how humans can live in places like New Orleans, much below sea level and sustained by levees and pumps. I understand you have families and jobs and lives there, and it's your home. It just seems to me that if you choose to live in a place that is sustained by levees and pumps, well--accept the risk.

I do... people choose to live all over the place that are prone to natural disasters.

I do... people choose to live all over the place that are prone to natural disasters.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't, personally. I just think that a lot of people collectively lost the plot when they blamed the Army for the levies and pumps etc....forgetting that hmmm, most people do not have to live in places sustained by levies and pumps in the first place.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't, personally. I just think that a lot of people collectively lost the plot when they blamed the Army for the levies and pumps etc....forgetting that hmmm, most people do not have to live in places sustained by levies and pumps in the first place.

Katrina scale events are few and far between. Actually, the major cause of the flooding was poor design. That has been fixed... storm surge will not be able to make its way into the drainage system. For the most part, the worst we ever sustain here is some street flooding.

Regardless we the USA will hear all about the horrid losses and all the money needed to rebuild. Think about that for a minute and question why rebuild in the track of yearly hurricanes?
I heard those people are climate change deniers and mostly voted for Trump.....It's sunny and beautiful in communist sanctuary California.

Forum List

Back