Mormons march in gay pride parade

The Old Testament most likely condemns homosexuality, along with condemning many other things that most every christian ignores (and should ignore).

Agreed (except for wussy 'most likely' disclaimer).

Now mal, looking for a little common ground here... Do you agree that the Old Testament is a horrible basis for modern legislation? Yes or no.

Read what Ravi posted using most likely makes it more accurate, I have to say most likely or you're going to nitpick what I typed again.

If you don't like disclaimers, don't nit pick words.

The Old Testament most likely condemns homosexuality, along with condemning many other things that most every christian ignores (and should ignore).

Now mal, looking for a little common ground here... Do you agree that the Old Testament is a horrible basis for modern legislation? Yes or no.

Read what Ravi posted using most likely makes it more accurate, I have to say most likely or you're going to nitpick what I typed again.

Who knew that a literal interpretation of your words would piss you off so much? :dunno:

Go take a sitz bath sore ass! :lol:

Who knew that a literal interpretation of your words would piss you off so much? :dunno:

What was it that I typed that made you assume I was pissed? Is it your desire in the story you've manufactured in your head that you have the power to anonymously piss me off by what words you type that pop up on my screen?

I'm perfectly content.

What was it that I typed that made you assume I was pissed? Is it your desire in the story you've manufactured in your head that you have the power to anonymously piss me off by what words you type that pop up on my screen?

I'm perfectly content.

uh huh :thup:

I think not only the Old, but the New and ANY Religious Book...

Does that even have to be Asked of me?... :dunno:

:)

peace...

I'm perfectly content.

You got me, I'm shaking my fist at my monitor right now.

If I get one level angrier, I may even stand and shake my fist at it.

Stay tuned...............

Anyone interested in the translation issues in Leviticus can educate themselves by reading this thread:

Well actually....no...it's not. Leviticus 18:22 for example is written "V'et zachar lo tishkav mishk'vey eeshah toeyvah hee." The literal translation is "And with a male you shall not lay layings of a woman"

Now...no one has any idea what it means to "lay layings" so using Midrash (that convenient tradition the Church uses to...ahem....interpret things that don't make sense or are missing) they just tossed in three little words "as with the" and translated it "And with a male you shall not lay (as with the) layings of a woman". Ok well now it makes sense but unfortunately that's not what is written.

Secondly the word used to describe the alleged sin is "toeyvah" which can mean abomination. When used in the context of ritual, however, it is more accurately translated as "unclean"...."ritually improper", "ceremonially impure", etc. When you consider that at Leviticus 18:21 it begins discussing rituals practiced to Moloch and you put 18:22 in context with 18:21 (as fundamentalists generally refuse to do) then whatever act 18:22 is warning against, it is in reference to pagan ritual and as such the transgression would not be considered an "abomination" but would simply be "ritually improper". Sexual activity in pagan ritual including orgies, homosexual acts male or female, etc were pretty common in those days. In fact the temples kept prostitutes in their employ so people could properly fulfill their ritual obligations to the gods. Rituals to Moloch frequently involved this kind of stuff.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/226317-jesus-on-marriage-21.html#post5392340

^From the Church of Linguini... The Bible-less "Religion" of the USMB Perverts.

peace...

Why do you guys focused on the Old Testament when there are scriptures that equally state homosexul practices are wrong in the New Testament?

100% of the time that Homosexuality is Referenced in the Old and New it is Sin and Abomination...

It is NEVER referred to in a Positive Light nor does Jesus ever OK it...

peace...

peace...

Sometimes it's good to clarify things. ;)

So given the fact that both you and Drock agree that religious texts should not form the basis of legislation, why are you two unable to have an honest academic discussion about them? :dunno:

Why do you guys focused on the Old Testament when there are scriptures that equally state homosexul practices are wrong in the New Testament?

100% of the time that Homosexuality is Referenced in the Old and New it is Sin and Abomination...

It is NEVER referred to in a Positive Light nor does Jesus ever OK it...

peace...

He also never referred going to baseball games in a possible light and he never ok's it.

Thus making you a hellbound heathen for going to one.

I'm perfectly content.

You got me, I'm shaking my fist at my monitor right now.

If I get one level angrier, I may even stand and shake my fist at it.

Stay tuned...............

mad anger yo! :thup:

peace...

So given the fact that both you and Drock agree that religious texts should not form the basis of legislation, why are you two unable to have an honest academic discussion about them? :dunno:

Obviously it was your goal to have an honest academic discussion, hence the Dr. Dork grown up talk.

The discussions is about mormons marching in support of gays, a view a lot of christians hold.

peace...

Obviously it was your goal to have an honest academic discussion, hence the Dr. Dork grown up talk.

The discussions is about mormons marching in support of gays, a view a lot of christians hold.

I'm perfectly capable of mixing levity with honest academic exploration.

So which pissed you off more, my calling you a dork or my honest, literal interpretation of your words?

I'm perfectly capable of mixing levity with honest academic exploration.

So which pissed you off more, my calling you a dork or my honest, literal interpretation of your words?

Neither, I just picked one of those secret flavor dum dums, and it was something disgusting, which is your fault.

One more post like this and I'm going bipedal fist shaking on you.

Let's see how long we can keep this narrative going, I don't mind playing along.

Marrying another man is bad but marrying seven women is OK.

:thup:

Neither is ok if your a Christian, one is considered an abomination the other is considered adultery.

Marrying another man is bad but marrying seven women is OK.

:thup:

Both are ok, as everyone involved is a willing participant and has chosen to be in such a relationship.

This thread should help stop people using the idiotic assumptions that religious people and churches are anti-gay marriage. Some are, some aren't. The majority of our country identify themselves as christian, and the majority of americans support same sex marriage, hence why the people who should get the most credit for gay marriage being legalized are american christians.

All Christians are anti-gay marriage and Anti-same sex acts, if you support these then your not a Christian your an impostor.

Will we ever see some Muslims marching a gay pride parade?

Yes... Already have. The same kind of Muslims as there are Christians Marching...

The one's who Deny the Book their Faith is Based on.

In that, neither are Muslims or Christians. :thup:

peace...

Exactly, :clap2:

I Answered it very Directly and Biblically Based. :thup:

peace...

you're giving bodey a run for her money here

No I am not del... Anymore than you are being a Passive Aggressive ****. :thup:

Homosexuality is not Punishable by Death because of Christ's Blood... Anymore than any of the other Sins in Leviticus are.

But it doesn't make it any Less of a Sin.

You just have Faith in Christ and trying to put an End to the Sin as an Option.

Not Acknowledging the Sins or saying that Christ's Death made those things no longer Sin is an Absurd Stand to take... Based on the Book. :thup:

peace...

Its not punishable by death neither are Homosexuals hated, God loves all people even homosexuals, it is the act of Homosexuality that Jesus condemns in the bible

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator , who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another ; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 1:24-32

Nuff said

Forum List

Back