Morman-bashing - where are thePC libs ??

I think that the whole religious affiliation thing is becoming increasingly irrelevant nowadays. Obama was elected even with rampant rumors flying that he's a Muslim. Romney hasn't really been bashed for his Mormonism, save for one idiot who was swiftly condemned by everyone, his brother, and both their wives, however many they may have had. ;) I truly believe that the American people do not care if Romney is a Mormon, and that shift in the public mentality almost as historic (regardless if Romney becomes the President or not) as us electing a black man to the Oval Office.

I have to disagree.

If Obama were, in fact, a Muslim, I don't think he would have been considered. Let alone elected. The American people were able to see that lie for what it was.

If a candidate announces that he or she is a non-believer, they will have no chance to be elected.

I think that the whole religious affiliation thing is becoming increasingly irrelevant nowadays. Obama was elected even with rampant rumors flying that he's a Muslim. Romney hasn't really been bashed for his Mormonism, save for one idiot who was swiftly condemned by everyone, his brother, and both their wives, however many they may have had. ;) I truly believe that the American people do not care if Romney is a Mormon, and that shift in the public mentality almost as historic (regardless if Romney becomes the President or not) as us electing a black man to the Oval Office.

anyone who claims obama is a muslim would never have voted for him anyway.

and the "american public" may not care about romney and huntsman being mormons, but the rightwingnuts of "the base" sure do.

and the "american public" may not care about romney and huntsman being mormons, but the rightwingnuts of "the base" sure do.

Here's the thing. I'm an atheist, and I wouldn't vote for a Mormon.

Polls have shown that anti-LDS bias is actually stronger on the left. For instance, in this poll, while 18% of Republicans and 19% of Indpendents won't vote for an Mormon, 27% of Democrats won't, either.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

The new Gallup poll, conducted June 9-12, finds nearly 20% of Republicans and independents saying they would not support a Mormon for president. That is slightly lower than the 27% of Democrats saying the same.

This kind of annoyed me the way Gallup worded it. The numbers were actually 18% of republicans and 27% of Democrats. So Democrat hatred of Latter Day Liars is actually 50% greater than republican.

Of course, the real story should read, "76% of people unaware how batshit crazy Mormons actually are!"

A situation the Mainstream Media is going to correct after Romeny gets the nomination.

Now, this isn't a big deal, because Democrats weren't going to vote for the Republican no matter who he worships. But to claim that anti-Mormon bias is a creation of the right is disingenous. It wasn't "Republicans" who were vandalizing LDS Temples in California after Proposition 8 was passed.

okay work with me here....

they are 'blessed' garments...

dont all religions have something like that.....

something that is holy and protects you....say the bible or the cross? or the st christophers medal?

Here's the thing. I'm an atheist, and I wouldn't vote for a Mormon.

Polls have shown that anti-LDS bias is actually stronger on the left. For instance, in this poll, while 18% of Republicans and 19% of Indpendents won't vote for an Mormon, 27% of Democrats won't, either.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

The new Gallup poll, conducted June 9-12, finds nearly 20% of Republicans and independents saying they would not support a Mormon for president. That is slightly lower than the 27% of Democrats saying the same.

This kind of annoyed me the way Gallup worded it. The numbers were actually 18% of republicans and 27% of Democrats. So Democrat hatred of Latter Day Liars is actually 50% greater than republican.

Of course, the real story should read, "76% of people unaware how batshit crazy Mormons actually are!"

A situation the Mainstream Media is going to correct after Romeny gets the nomination.

Now, this isn't a big deal, because Democrats weren't going to vote for the Republican no matter who he worships. But to claim that anti-Mormon bias is a creation of the right is disingenous. It wasn't "Republicans" who were vandalizing LDS Temples in California after Proposition 8 was passed.

no it was vandals

Who is bashing Mormons?

GOP supporters who don't want Romney to be the GOP hopeful.

Pretty much the same kind of vermin who claaim Obama is a Moslem.

The GOP dirty tricksters are at it again this time targeting their fellow Republicans

We see this sort of character assassination of Republicans BY Republicans every time their internacin battles to decide who will run for POTUS.

no it was vandals

Yes, they were vandals. Gay Democratic Vandals who were upset when they found out the reason their right to marry got yanked was because 70% of Pro Prop-8 funds came from LDS donors across the country.

Which I personally have no problem with. When Churches cross the line that separates Church and State, they deserve to get their knuckles rapped.

This has been my point with Romney all along. Mormon beliefs and history are just so bizarre that the left will have a feild day mocking it. But they won't do it until after Romney locks down the nomination.

That was probably their plan in 2008, but Huckabee ruined it for them by going there first.

okay work with me here....

they are 'blessed' garments...

dont all religions have something like that.....

something that is holy and protects you....say the bible or the cross? or the st christophers medal?

And those things are equally ridiculous. I remember that the nuns used to give us scapulas that were supposed to protect us from the flames of hell..

But the underwear, that's just bizarre. And "Magic Underpants" sounds funnier than hell.

Forum List

Back