More Things Right Wing Whites Here Miss

King College Prep Marching Band and ‘The SpellBinder’ Bring Magic to KKC​

1703882011819.png

Friday night was a night of music and magic at the Kennedy-King College Building U Theater.

The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. College Prep Marching Band, better known as the Soul Train of Chicago, performed alongside master illusionist Walter King Jr., better known as The SpellBinder. The two acts played for the dozens in attendance for the 90-minute show, including donors, parents and people who were simply interested in a gleeful night of music and entertainment.

Band director Benjamin Watson’s Soul Train of Chicago Marching Band led off the proceedings with routines featuring its drum line, majorettes, horn and percussion sections. At the show’s heart, they accompanied King Jr., who enthralled audiences with his innovative illusions and tricks.

The Chicago Defender was in the house for all of it. Below are some of the more memorable snapshots of the evening:

Because you don't want to see it. People find all the violent stuff because they look for it.
Where is your evidence that we don't see it? Who do you think funds the ppl and the feel good programs?

Black Twin Brothers to Walk 600 Miles for Foster Care Awareness​

1703882387864.png

Twin brothers Davon and Tavon Woods from Pennsylvania, who were adopted at the age of two, are embarking on a 600-mile walk from Sumter to Philadelphia for 31 days to raise awareness about foster care. With their movement called #FosterKidsMatter, they are stepping up for a cause close to their hearts.

“Foster care isn’t talked about enough,” Davon told WLTX. Tavon added all they want to do is “share our story and share stories of other kids that went through foster care.”

Having been placed in the foster care system immediately after birth and adopted at 2 years old, the Sumter-born brothers aim to provide relatable experiences for kids who might feel voiceless in the system.

“We walked in their shoes, and a lot of our stories are pretty much similar,” Davon said.

Their journey will take them from the Sumter County Courthouse to Philadelphia, carrying one backpack each and wearing donated Hoka shoes. They’ve covered various states before and their longest trek so far was a 96-mile journey from Georgia to Florida.

Where is your evidence that we don't see it? Who do you think funds the ppl and the feel good programs?
Look at what gets posted here. Videos and tweets of black violence. And the constant claims of black crime show me that the whites here posting that stuff don't see such stories.

And they do their bit to maintain ignorance and incompetence within their slave population.
You right wingers are the slaves. It's not the left in here posting racism and the TV is funded by corporations that consumers buy products from including black consumers.

Black Entrepreneur to Open Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facility in His Hometown of East St. Louis​

1703882959848.png

Many may know Reggie D. for his tasty, delicious sauce line Pure Heat Gourmet Sauce, but he is now turning the dial a little bit and using his influence to target an issue in his hometown of East St. Louis, Illinois that he says is greater. He has launched a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and hopes to open a drug and alcohol rehab facility.

The center is called Pure Living Recovery and Rehabilitation and he’s hoping to have it opened by Spring 2024 in the city of East St. Louis at 5601 State Street. He says that the building used to be owned by the state.

Reggie says that there are virtually no other options for long-term abuse centers in the immediate area. He comments, “After playing around for a while I decided to get my life together and come back and help my city.”

Look at what gets posted here. Videos and tweets of black violence. And the constant claims of black crime show me that the whites here posting that stuff don't see such stories.
It's a problem. Why do you blame us for it instead of looking at why it's a problem?

You right wingers are the slaves. It's not the left in here posting racism and the TV is funded by corporations that consumers buy products from including black consumers.
We are all slaves...but some of us don't want to be. Some of us defend and protect the traffickers.

6-Year-Old Black Girl From New Jersey Scores 138 on IQ Test, Same as Einstein​

1703883849848.png

Declan, who is currently a kindergartner at her elementary school has joined the ranks of Mensa, a society for the brightest minds.

“I’m interested in arts, science, math, and geography,” said Declan, who is already reading at a third or fourth-grade level and enjoys learning physics, according to ABC7.

Her parents first noticed her exceptional intelligence at just 18 months old when she casually started counting in Mandarin during an airport trip.

However, her parents are committed to keeping her bubbly personality and brilliance. They navigate the challenge of keeping Declan intellectually stimulated while still embracing the joys of childhood.

“I want her to laugh and joke and make mistakes and do things that 6-year-olds do,” her mother Meachel said.

It's a problem. Why do you blame us for it instead of looking at why it's a problem?
Because I am not the one making disparaging remarks about blacks. I have stated that the claims made here by blacks were untrue, yet the white experts on blacks here continue telling me how it's not so. And then we read comment like what you made about keeping slaves incompetant. So it's apparent where the problem is.

12-Year-Old Black CEO Who Started a Lemonade Beverage Company at Age 9 Releases New Inspirational Book​

1703884681343.png

Tre Glasper, the 12-year-old founder of Tre’s Squeeze, an all-natural lemonade beverage company he created at the age of nine, is now celebrating the release of his new inspirational book. In the book, which is entitled Squeeze into Your Dreams, he reveals how he built his company at such a young age and was able to get his lemonade beverage into local grocery stores, restaurants, and food trucks.

18-Year Old Becomes First Black Male Valedictorian at High School in Oakland​

1703884818270.png

Ahmed Muhammad, an 18-year old student from Oakland, California, has made history as the first Black male to graduate as valedictorian in his school, Oakland Technical High School.

Muhammad is honored with the highest academic rank in his class with a cumulative 4.73 GPA. He is also an outstanding athlete as a member of the Bulldog’s varsity basketball team.

Aside from that, Muhammad also founded a science education company called Kits Cubed last year during the pandemic. The company creates fun and affordable science kits that elementary and middle school-age kids can enjoy doing experiments with.

“Founding Kits Cubed was the culmination of all of the valuable lessons I learned throughout high school from so many amazing people,” Muhammad told KTVU. “I’m glad we were able to create something meaningful before graduating.”

However, Muhammad said it was just the start of endless possibilities for him. He was accepted to the 11 universities he applied to, including Harvard, Princeton, UC Berkeley, Columbia University, and his “dream school” Stanford. He plans to major in engineering and computer science but has yet to make a final decision.

Formerly Homeless Single Mom with 5 Children Who Graduated Law School Has Just Passed the Bar Exam!​

1703885018097.png

Iesha Champs, the single mother whose inspiring story and graduation photo with her five kids went viral on social media about six months ago, is now a certified attorney. She recently passed the bar exam after graduating from law school with honors.

Champs shared the great news through a Facebook post. She said: “God allowed me to pass the bar exam!! Hallelujah God! All the glory belongs to You!!! Today God has ordained me: Attorney Ieshia N. Champs!!!!”

Champs graduated from Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University just earlier this year. She said she wouldn’t have been successful without her five children.

“From foster care to a high school dropout to jurist doctorate. I cannot believe it. The hardest part has been trying to maintain grades, maintain the information and then maintain trying to be a mother to my children,” she told Fox News.

Black Chocolatier Tired of Being Fired Created His Own Chocolate Company & Hired Himself​

1703886041578.png

Getting laid off from a job can be stressful and discouraging, especially when you are a Black man in America dealing with systematic racism. Some people decide to use this time of stress and inequality as an opportunity to create an even better life for themselves and their families by starting their own business and that’s exactly what Patrick Glanville did when he launched his own chocolate company. Tired of getting fired and being paid less although having years of work experience, he decided to use his talents as a chocolatier to create a new and unique chocolate experience. That’s when he created 3 Some Chocolates, a chocolate brand that combines 3 flavors into 1, offers it in a pack of 3, and calls it a 3 Some which can be shared with everyone.

11-Year-Old Black Girl With IQ Higher Than Einstein is Earning Masters Degree​

1703886193185.png

Adhara Pérez Sánchez, an 11-year-old brown-skinned girl from Mexico City, is making headlines for her exceptional intelligence, with an IQ score higher than that of Albert Einstein. Adhara, who is of Afro-Mexican descent, has an IQ of 162 and has already received a bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering from CNCI University and is currently studying a master’s program in Mathematics at the Technological University of Mexico. Her dream is to be an astronaut for NASA.

Black Dad Buys, Gives His 13-Year-Old Son 40 Acres of Land in California​

1703886543735.png

Faheem Muhammad, an African American father and entrepreneur from San Diego, California, has gifted his son with 40 acres of land on his 13th birthday. He says that he wants to teach him the importance of land ownership and generational wealth.

Muhammad, who is the co-founder of a real estate investment firm, says that he bought the land in 2021 as a place to get away from city life.

“We see clear space, where we can uninterruptedly enjoy nature, especially growing up in a congested city like L.A. when we are out here it’s totally different,” Muhammad told CBS8.

Muhammad said he learned the importance of owning his own property and helping his community through his mother Aminah Muhammad who taught him and his siblings when they were young. Taking that as an example, he gave his son 40 acres of land when he turned 13 on March 16.

Attachments

• 1703886544054.png
    1703886544054.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 1
We see endless threads by right wing whites here about blacks and Chicago, or denying the huge problem of white on white beatings and killings. They purposefully miss things like this:

Neighborhood heroes Mike and Kyra Epps buy back the block

View attachment 879232

“No matter where I hit the ball or how far I run, I’ll always have a place to come back to, which is this city,” said Mike Epps.

Comedian, actor, and Indianapolis native Mike Epps returned to Indianapolis with his Image Award-winning TV producer wife, Kyra Epps, to rehabilitate the neighborhood where he was raised.

Epps grew up on 21st and Carrollton Avenue at his grandmother Anna Walker’s house in the 1970s. Instead of selling the house, Epps, his wife and an HGTV team worked diligently to remodel the home to embody the late Walker’s characteristics.

Epps not only remodeled his grandmother’s home; he also bought five other homes and remodeled two. For Epps, buying back his childhood block was about family and legacy.

“Indianapolis is a beautiful town. It’s a beautiful city with beautiful people in it. It has its drawbacks like every other city, but I have always thought a lot about this city and the people in it. I love representing it. Even though it’s a small town, I still think about Indianapolis because it’s home base for me,” said Mike Epps.

Oh cool. Another race baiting thread based on delusion and lies by Im.2. That hasn’t happened since his last thread.

Founder’s New App Aims to Showcase 1 Million Local Black-Owned Brands and Businesses​

1703886730732.png

Meet Vincent Johnson, Founder and CEO of XCLUSIT, a unique app that provides a unique space designed to showcase the remarkable diversity within the Black-owned business community. The platform allows entrepreneurs to showcase their entire store, and even post Instagram-style videos but with less clutter and more shopping. It has everything from trendy streetwear and stylish kicks to sophisticated boutiques, grooming essentials, and accessories. And that’s not all – it will also expand into food and services in 2024.

Forum List

Back