More splits in the Repub party

wihosa

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008
Yesterday Gov. Crist of Florida announced his intention to run for Senator from Fla. Clearly the sitting Gov. of a state is in a very powerful position to make such a run. Unfortunately for Crist he is not a lock step Repub. He actually puts the welfare of his state over politcal considerations. This means he supported Obama's stimulus bill (gasp) and so has earned the ire of Boss Limbaugh and the other radical rightists. Senators Mitch McConnell and David Cornyn are supporting him, but Limbaugh thinks he should join Arlen Spector and become a Dem. Another attempt by Limbaugh to push Repubs out of the party is the last thing the Repubs need, but Limbaugh with an ego the size of, well Limbaugh, is more interested in defending the Bush era failures than moving the country forward.

Coming this fall from Disney Motion Pictures - "Honey I Shrank The Party" starring Boss Limbaugh!

Saying things like some radio guy is the head of the Republican Party only makes YOU look stoopid and racist for ignoring Steele. I am for the Republicans kicking out all the moderates and putting more conservative people in their spots. Why not?

Saying things like some radio guy is the head of the Republican Party only makes YOU look stoopid and racist for ignoring Steele. I am for the Republicans kicking out all the moderates and putting more conservative people in their spots. Why not?

If Steele didn't have to clear every word that come out of his mouth with Boss Limbaugh, maybe what he had to say would be pertinent.

To imply racism for ignoring someone too weak to challange Limbaugh is far fetched.

If you think the Repubs can build a winning coalition by kicking people out of the party I can't help you.

By the way "stoopid" is spelled stupid.

If Steele didn't have to clear every word that come out of his mouth with Boss Limbaugh, maybe what he had to say would be pertinent.

To imply racism for ignoring someone too weak to challange Limbaugh is far fetched.

If you think the Repubs can build a winning coalition by kicking people out of the party I can't help you.

That's still pretty stoooooooopid. Limbaugh is not in the Republican Party at all. He is a media personality. It is completely ludicrous. The party out of power never really has a definite leader as that person is generally the president. They'll have a figure head(Steele) and some prominent party members in the House and Senate, think Minority Leaders.

By all means they can win by getting rid of moderates. McCain didn't win did he? Bush barely did. Reagan stomped 'em. Republicans don't do well with moderates they do well with true conservatives. You call it kicking them out, I say replace them.

Until the head of the RNC stops apologizing to Rush Limbaugh, then people are going to think that the party dances to Limbaugh's tune.

As for Crist, he's a populist, full stop. He'd support tax increases if the population wanted them. He'd have been a Democrat 30 years ago when the Dems ran this state. In fact, I think he was.

If conservatives think they're getting a conservative from Florida, they are sadly mistaken. Of course, he'll act like a conservative if you want him to.

That's still pretty stoooooooopid. Limbaugh is not in the Republican Party at all. He is a media personality. It is completely ludicrous. The party out of power never really has a definite leader as that person is generally the president. They'll have a figure head(Steele) and some prominent party members in the House and Senate, think Minority Leaders.

By all means they can win by getting rid of moderates. McCain didn't win did he? Bush barely did. Reagan stomped 'em. Republicans don't do well with moderates they do well with true conservatives. You call it kicking them out, I say replace them.

Limbaugh is a register Republican, therefore he is in the Repub party. Is he elected? No. Does he call the shots? Yes. Name a Repub who has said anything contrary to Limbaugh who hasn't then had to apologize to Limbaugh.

So because McCain didn't win you think that by reducing his coalition the Repubs can win?

Reagan won by attracting a lot of Dems. Remember 'Reagan Democrats'? Pushing out Repubs who on occasion agree with Dems will not bring back Reagan Democrats.

Limbaugh is a register Republican, therefore he is in the Repub party. Is he elected? No. Does he call the shots? Yes. Name a Repub who has said anything contrary to Limbaugh who hasn't then had to apologize to Limbaugh.

So because McCain didn't win you think that by reducing his coalition the Repubs can win?

Reagan won by attracting a lot of Dems. Remember 'Reagan Democrats'? Pushing out Repubs who on occasion agree with Dems will not bring back Reagan Democrats.

Yes exactly. A more conservative platform like Reagan's has wider acceptance than a moderate platform like McCain's.

Who has apologized to Limbaugh? I think you should make that list first. Steele? What because they differed on policies or because Steele made improper personal remarks? big difference.

Yes exactly. A more conservative platform like Reagan's has wider acceptance than a moderate platform like McCain's.

Who has apologized to Limbaugh? I think you should make that list first. Steele? What because they differed on policies or because Steele made improper personal remarks? big difference.

Improper? To rightly charicterize Limbaugh's many comments as "incendiary and ugly"? Whoops, better go kiss the ring of Boss Limbaugh.

Yes, the RNC Chairman Steele and if I remember Congressman Gingrey, a Repub, can't remember which state, both begging forgiveness from the Repub defacto leader.

Back when Reagan came on the scene as a serious presidential contender America was struggling with the inflationary spiral caused by the Vietnam War. Repubs had been out of power and Reagan's pie in the sky promises of less taxes and balanced budgets fooled alot of people, yours truly included. I was young (25 yrs old) and nieve at the time.

Well it's a different world now, after almost thirty years of Repubs managment out country is in deep trouble. Wages for working Americans have been stagnant, and our many problems have been ignored.

If Repubs continue to push out pragmatists in favor of ideologs they are going to wander in the politcal wilderness for a long time.

Improper? To rightly charicterize Limbaugh's many comments as "incendiary and ugly"? Whoops, better go kiss the ring of Boss Limbaugh.

Yes, the RNC Chairman Steele and if I remember Congressman Gingrey, a Repub, can't remember which state, both begging forgiveness from the Repub defacto leader.

Back when Reagan came on the scene as a serious presidential contender America was struggling with the inflationary spiral caused by the Vietnam War. Repubs had been out of power and Reagan's pie in the sky promises of less taxes and balanced budgets fooled alot of people, yours truly included. I was young (25 yrs old) and nieve at the time.

Well it's a different world now, after almost thirty years of Repubs managment out country is in deep trouble. Wages for working Americans have been stagnant, and our many problems have been ignored.

If Repubs continue to push out pragmatists in favor of ideologs they are going to wander in the politcal wilderness for a long time.

Ok so 2 guys made negative remarks about Rush and because of his immense following retracted those statements later. Whoopdeedoo. How does that make him leader of the party? It doesn't. He isn't out there leading. He isn't organizing the next campaigns or managing the finances or anything that the leader of the Republican Party would do. This is just completely stoooooopid.

Were you trying to make a point with those last three paragraphs? Or was it just a statement that Republicans suck?

what a joke. Limbaugh is an entertainer and has zero respect for the mouth piece of GOP.

Yesterday Gov. Crist of Florida announced his intention to run for Senator from Fla. Clearly the sitting Gov. of a state is in a very powerful position to make such a run. Unfortunately for Crist he is not a lock step Repub. He actually puts the welfare of his state over politcal considerations. This means he supported Obama's stimulus bill (gasp) and so has earned the ire of Boss Limbaugh and the other radical rightists. Senators Mitch McConnell and David Cornyn are supporting him, but Limbaugh thinks he should join Arlen Spector and become a Dem. Another attempt by Limbaugh to push Repubs out of the party is the last thing the Repubs need, but Limbaugh with an ego the size of, well Limbaugh, is more interested in defending the Bush era failures than moving the country forward.

Coming this fall from Disney Motion Pictures - "Honey I Shrank The Party" starring Boss Limbaugh!

Thank (insert your Deity here) that the moderate voices in America are finally getting heard over the din of media for money. This must be that 'thing' everyone is trying to give away... Speech.

Some things are so valuable they should be free.

Thank you Mr. Jobs, Mr. Gates, et. al.

Art meets free enterprise among the earthlings... Cool. :cool:

-Joe

Last edited:
Leaders are by definition those who people listen to and follow. Most people don't even know who Michael Steele is. He may in fact be the RNC Chairman but he is no leader.

Crist would likely win in FL, but he is not a conservative anymore than Bill O'Reilly is
they are both populists

Crist would likely win in FL, but he is not a conservative anymore than Bill O'Reilly is
they are both populists

Crist is a politician. O'Rielly is a right wing tool, always making a big deal of small differences with the right in an attempt to masquerade as "independent"

You seem as obcessed with the GoP as a few of the other committed leftists here are.

Limbaugh has been around since the early 90s, and now you think he's a problem for the GoP?

You have to stop listening to Carvelle & Begala, the others Dems did and started winning.

they are both populists

Crist is a politician. O'Rielly is a right wing tool, always making a big deal of small differences with the right in an attempt to masquerade as "independent"
showing what a fucking moron you are
O'Reilly is not right wing
hes a populist that changes with the tides

they are both populists

If O'Reilly is a rightwing tool, the republicans better trade him in for a Snap On tool.

What??? The inflationary spiral that nearly drowned the US under Carter where almost all of it took place had little to do with the Vietnam war which ended three years before Carter took office. What it did have to do with was a tenfold increase in social spending that saw the Budget go from 67 -33 defense to social spending when LBJ took Officealmost exactly the opposite by the time Reagan came on the scene.

Why do leftist always miss the obvious?

What??? The inflationary spiral that nearly drowned the US under Carter where almost all of it took place had little to do with the Vietnam war which ended three years before Carter took office. What it did have to do with was a tenfold increase in social spending that saw the Budget go from 67 -33 defense to social spending when LBJ took Officealmost exactly the opposite by the time Reagan came on the scene.

Obviously Dude...

We can't even pick an era in American politics to talk about... how the fuck do you expect us to narrow it down to a topic?

-Joe

You see an acceleration in defense spending from 1965 through 1970 as the Vietnam War builds. It then tails off.

U.S._Defense_Spending_-_%25_to_Outlays.png

Military budget of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Truth is, it was the policy of guns and butter - both social and defense spending - in the 1960s that fed the inflation of the 1970s. Inflation was a problem inherited, not created by Carter.

Forum List

Back