The repub party is testing our country's democracy

Those the the most populous states. Anyway. I am OK with the popular vote so long as we have voter Id and no mail in ballots. Fair compromise in my view. 🤷‍♂️
These people are not interested in fair. They will never win again if elections are fair and they fucking know it.

So what? The state doesn’t vote as one block.
Again not the point I am debating. If we agree to have valid voter ID and no mail in ballots, I am all in for the popular vote and eliminating the EC. To me it’s a fair compromise.

You won’t address this. You never do. You are a parasite on this board. A no value add parasite. Hope this helps. 😉

Again not the point I am debating
You keep saying it so I’m going to keep responding to it.
If we agree to have valid voter ID and no mail in ballots, I am all in for the popular vote and eliminating the EC. To me it’s a fair compromise.
No mail in ballots is stupid and unnecessary. It’s just another means to disenfranchise legitimate voters.

It proves my point. Most states don’t matter. Candidates ignore them.
It’s dysfunctional for the election to be decided by a handful of random states. It’s not what the founders intended.
Your argument fell apart and you didn't even notice?!
The Electoral College has worked perfectly for over 250 years dumbass, its not dysfunctional. Every states EC votes count.
With television, radio, and newspapers, campaigning is done remotely via media, not in person moron.

No mail in ballots is stupid and unnecessary. It’s just another means to disenfranchise legitimate voters.
So are bloated voter rolls. The non existent people fake registrations organizations like GBI have created are used to elect the people they want.

Your argument fell apart and you didn't even notice?!
The Electoral College has worked perfectly for over 250 years dumbass, its not dysfunctional. Every states EC votes count.
With television, radio, and newspapers, campaigning is done remotely via media, not in person moron.
My argument doesn’t “fall apart” simply because you disagree with it.

Saying “it’s not dysfunction” doesn’t make it so. I think anyone who saw the 2020 election would maybe think twice about saying it’s “working perfectly”.

You still deny that candidates basically ignore most of the country.

I knew you would not agree
Why wouldn’t I? It’s a stupid idea. Your condition is what’s known as a “poison pill”.

That’s why I didn’t address it earlier. It’s pointless.

I’m right about the electoral college. Republicans defend it because it distorts political power in their favor. That’s it.

Why wouldn’t I? It’s a stupid idea. Your condition is what’s known as a “poison pill”.

That’s why I didn’t address it earlier. It’s pointless.

I’m right about the electoral college. Republicans defend it because it distorts political power in their favor. That’s it.
Requesting ID and stating no mail in ballots is a “poison pill”? LOL how so? It impacts every voter identically. You’re never right about anything. You’re stupid.

Explain how what I proposed is a “poison pill”?

So what? The state doesn’t vote as one block.
Idiot. Wyoming’s votes would not matter. That’s the point. TX, CA and NY residents would vote for someone who would do best for them not smaller states.

Man you’re so stupid it hurts. Do you practice being this stupid or does it come naturally?

Disenfranchise? Nope, dope.

Saying “it’s not dysfunction” doesn’t make it so. I think anyone who saw the 2020 election would maybe think twice about saying it’s “working perfectly”.

You saying it is dysfunctional doesn’t make it so, Moroner.

-Book Bans
-Attacks on jurist and judges
-Attacks on election workers
-Denial of Fair Elections

The repub party is testing the very fabric of our democracy. It seems that the judiciary is the only remaining safe guard standing in the way of repubs turning the US into another autocracy. Their quest for one party rule is dangerous to not only our country, but democracies world wide. You want to see an example of a country's leader who is putting his self interest over the laws of their land? Just look at what the far right sector of the Knesset in Isrrael is doing on the orders of Netanyahu. He is trying to get out from under crimes he has committed by usurping the legal system. If trump is re-elected, he will use this as a model to do the same in the US.
Democracy? This nation is a "constitutional republic", not a democracy. Its like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard when I hear someone declare the US is a democracy. Article 4, Section 4, clause 1 guarantees a republican format of government at all levels. Why is this clause included in the standard that calibrates all law (the constitution) in this nation? As explained in federalist #10. The founders wanted a republic because the history of democratic nations always ends in violence, as a democracy is not compatible with the concept of private rights of property. Try to get a Judge at any level to hear any case in consideration of the Guarantee Clause of the US Constitution. They will not because of the attention that would introduce ignorant people to the truth.

The US is a FEDERAL REPUBLIC. Federal republic - Wikipedia

Last edited:
1. The EC is not dysfunctional, it works perfectly, and has so for 250 or so years.
2. What was wrong with the 2020 election?
3. Yes I deny candidates ignore most of the country, Biden never left his basement and "won".

1. The EC is not dysfunctional, it works perfectly, and has so for 250 or so years.
If all men are created equal, then they should have equal rights. Should be one person=one vote.

In my opinion, states should not even be allowed to organize federal elections. The federal government should do it.

If all men are created equal, then they should have equal rights. Should be one person=one vote.

In my opinion, states should not even be allowed to organize federal elections. The federal government should do it.

? A liberal will give you his/her umbrella while the sun is shinning, then the moment it begins to cloud over they demand the umbrella be returned. A liberal believes in high taxes and income redistribution......as long as its OPM....other people's money that is being collected and redistributed.

Read Article Four, Section Four, Clause 1........and then read Federalist No. 10. It becomes vividly clear why the EC exists..........because mob rule....i.e, a pure democracy always ends in violence. The EC exists to stop a few highly populated states from dictating national policy to the states with smaller populations. Thank God that states like California, NY, Ill, etc., do not get to dictate national policy. Every Liberally controlled state in the union is on the verge of implosion due the over regulation of the supposedly FREE CITIZENS that reside within their borders.

? A liberal will give you his/her umbrella while the sun is shinning, then the moment it begins to cloud over they demand the umbrella be returned. A liberal believes in high taxes and income redistribution......as long as its OPM....other people's money that is being collected and redistributed.
Has fuck all to do with the subject.

Has fuck all to do with the subject.
Only a liberal void of the ability for independent critical thinking...........calls the Republic of the United States of America, a democracy. It's liberals/progressives only that wants to destroy the EC and rob the smaller states in these UNITED STATES an equal voice in federal elections. Only liberals believe in free speech as long as that speech is in agreement with their speech. More?

Forum List

Back