More signs of a dying GOP

I live in Virginia and trust me when I say that any amount of redistricting here does not matter. There are 6 or so island's of democrat voters (all of northern Virginia, Richmond, and other densely populated areas), and the rest is hardcore republican. Maybe redistricting will make current seats more secure but it's not going to swing any seats to either party.

And I'll add that the trend over the last decade or so leans Senate and Presidential voting towards blue.

What is happening is the GOP is doing whatever it can to cling to power in VA as it makes it's change to a blue state.

:lol::lol::lol:

In California, Democrats? Redistricting Strategy Paid Off - ProPublica

Now what???

Politics is a game of "dirty tricks". It's not unique to either party.

Correct. Dirty tricks aren't unique to either party but please don't try to sell it like they are equally bad. In today's world we have one party that is much worse than the other in this regard.....and that party is the GOP.

I'd say that it's really hard to say which "side" is worse without doing a case by case study of every elected official in the country. Everything else is personal perception.

I can only speak from my own personal experience with the races that I've worked on, and the electeds that I've worked for. And I can tell you that in place where Democrats are the only people that get elected, they're the ones that get "dirty".

Correct. Dirty tricks aren't unique to either party but please don't try to sell it like they are equally bad. In today's world we have one party that is much worse than the other in this regard.....and that party is the GOP.

They are equally bad.

Remember when the Democrats chose to flee the state of Texas to keep the Republicans, who held a majority, from voting on redistricting?

This is simply that same tactic in reverse.

Texas Democrats Flee to Neighboring State to Avoid Redistricting Vote - 2003-05-15

I live in Virginia and trust me when I say that any amount of redistricting here does not matter. There are 6 or so island's of democrat voters (all of northern Virginia, Richmond, and other densely populated areas), and the rest is hardcore republican. Maybe redistricting will make current seats more secure but it's not going to swing any seats to either party.

And I'll add that the trend over the last decade or so leans Senate and Presidential voting towards blue.

What is happening is the GOP is doing whatever it can to cling to power in VA as it makes it's change to a blue state.

Now what???

This is simply more proof that you didn't read the link in my OP.

It isn't about redistricting. It's about what they did so they COULD redistrict.

This is why you should think before you speak. I understand that this is nearly impossible for you to do so you're excused.

Last edited:

They are equally bad.

Remember when the Democrats chose to flee the state of Texas to keep the Republicans, who held a majority, from voting on redistricting?

Texas Democrats Flee to Neighboring State to Avoid Redistricting Vote - 2003-05-15

Exactly.. BOTH sides are guilty of this crap.

They are equally bad.

I said in today's world.

Your link is from 2003 before the GOP went full derp right around 2006.

The gubmit dependents certainly enjoy starting this same thread over and over again.

LOL

Where the Democrats go from here?

'As dispirited Democrats take stock of across-the-board electoral losses and begin an inevitable bout of soul-searching and recriminations, they might take comfort in reflecting on the position of Republicans in 1976'

Where the Democrats go from here / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Now what???

It isn't about redistricting. It's about what they did so they COULD redistrict.

This is why you shouldn't think before you speak. I understand that this is nearly impossible for you to do so you're excused.

No it's not.. You don't even know WTF your own OP is about.. from the title to the subject matter. You've demonstrated on this forum numerous times how ignorant you are.. this is just more proof. THEY ALL DO IT.. BOTH SIDES, regardless of what they do to get to the place where they redistrict to maintain power.

This is why you shouldn't think before you speak. I understand that this is nearly impossible for you to do so you're excused.

No it's not..

Yes, it is. Read it.

You don't even know WTF your own OP is about

Sure I do.

from the title

On point ... the GOP pulling a trick like this to redistrict is a sign that they are dying and trying to cling to power

to the subject matter.

Wrong again .... the subject matter is dirty political tricks. This OP demonstrates the GOP taking part in one.

You've demonstrated on this forum numerous times how ignorant you are.

False.

this is just more proof.

No, this is proof that you fly off the handle first and ask questions later.

THEY ALL DO IT.. BOTH SIDES, regardless of what they do to get to the place where they redistrict to maintain power.

Uh, huh ... again more proof you are still yet to read the link.

You really have to laugh at the GOP pulling stunts like this.

btw, aren't LadyWelshers comments on this thread in violation of the new rules?

It seems to calm the average nutter down if you let him or her believe that "both sides are equally bad".

The proper response to the OP is:

1) "Damn, the Republicans in VA sure did take advantage of the situation to pass that shit.
I am not pleased by their bullshit. They suck."

or

2) "Weeee! The Republicans in VA sure are clever politicians. I applaud their creativity."

It is not:

"I do not like what they did but I am glad they did it. If they didn't do it the Democrats would have done something like it so I will give it a pass....but let me say again...I don't like what they did."

Yea, the Senate is split in the DEMOCRATIC base over gun control with nearly HALF vowing to not touch the issue, scared shitless because they know this nation will crucify them in 2014. Keep thinking the way you do.. just because your boy King had his taxpayer funded bragging rights yesterday doesn't mean this country is leftist..

The Countdown to an end to Marxism has started..

What the fuck are you talking about? It's pretty clear it has nothing to do with this thread.

Meltdown #45-- You really need to step away from this forum.. you're beginning to act senile consistently.

seriously? you rant on some unrelated crap and call someone else senile?????

The state Senate is split 20-20 between Republicans and Democrats. On Monday, while state Sen. Henry Marsh (D) — a 79-year-old civil rights veteran — was reportedly in Washington to attend President Obama’s second inaugural, GOP senators forced through a mid-term redistricting plan that Democrats say will make it easier for Republicans to gain a majority.

With Marsh’s absence, Senate Republicans in Richmond had one more vote than Senate Democrats and could push the measure through. The new redistricting map revises the districts created under the 2011 map and would take effect before the next state Senate elections in Virginia and would redraw district lines to maximize the number of safe GOP seats.

The move was a surprise to just about everyone, including Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell who has not yet pledged to endorse the new district lines, which must now go through the GOP-controlled House of Delegates and finally across McDonnell’s desk before final approval.

Virginia GOP Pulls ‘Dirty Trick’ On Inauguration Day | TPMDC

That was pretty fun.

Glad Rachel Maddow caught it and shamed the Virginny GOP.

It's dead on arrival now.

:cool:

The state Senate is split 20-20 between Republicans and Democrats. On Monday, while state Sen. Henry Marsh (D) — a 79-year-old civil rights veteran — was reportedly in Washington to attend President Obama’s second inaugural, GOP senators forced through a mid-term redistricting plan that Democrats say will make it easier for Republicans to gain a majority.

With Marsh’s absence, Senate Republicans in Richmond had one more vote than Senate Democrats and could push the measure through. The new redistricting map revises the districts created under the 2011 map and would take effect before the next state Senate elections in Virginia and would redraw district lines to maximize the number of safe GOP seats.

The move was a surprise to just about everyone, including Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell who has not yet pledged to endorse the new district lines, which must now go through the GOP-controlled House of Delegates and finally across McDonnell’s desk before final approval.

Virginia GOP Pulls ‘Dirty Trick’ On Inauguration Day | TPMDC

wow... I, of course, could never in a million years imagine Democrats pulling such tricks...

One tu quoque fallacy.

The worst thing about the democrats winning any election are the crowing reports about the demise of the republicans.

Now what???

FOUR tu quoque fallacy!

Forum List

Back