The GOP Is Dead... Consigned To The Dustbins Of History...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bayoubill, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bayoubill

bayoubill aka Sheik Yerbouti... Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +930
    I recall that being said after Ford lost to Carter...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg PROUD Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,264

Yep...The democrat party was completely irrelevant for a nearly 20 year span. Most predicted they were dead, yet they were revived and are now the party of death and destruction.

These things, like everything else in life, are cyclical. America will, at some point, wake up from its fascination with these freaks and geeks and, once again, kick their worthless butts to the curb.

3. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,421

The Democrats have all the momentum right now, plus they have demographics on their side (a fact that continues to mysteriously evade conservatives).

And, as part of that momentum, we've probably now reached and passed the tipping point regarding the size, scope and cost of government. It looks now like the Left has convinced enough people that the federal bureaucracy is the answer to our problems. And this didn't happen overnight; it's been done slowly, over decades.

And once we've reached that point, I don't know how you go back. People are not going to give back what they are given, that's just not human nature.

Certainly part of the Left's victory has been the behavior of many on the Right, who obediently (and stunningly) played right into their own worst stereotypes, allowing the Left to simply point at them and say, "holy crap, look at THAT". So I'm hopeful that the Left is kind enough to send out Thank You cards soon.

So congratulations to the hardcore absolutists on the Right. You made your bed, here ya go.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Wonderful, so it's the people fault they felt people should take responsibility for themselves, I guess it should of been sugar coated for all those people with sensitive fweeeings..

but you are probably right, we have now become a a welfare dependent country were there is no shame in living off the backs of others, people used to feel shame doing it, but not anymore... so the snake oil salesman like Obama is welcomed with open arms..this country is history.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  5. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,421

It's not just the message, it's the messaging, especially in a shallow, image-driven culture such as ours. Somehow the GOP still hasn't figured that out.

6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Things are indeed changing.

America has gone from the land of opportunity to the land of gimmee, gimmee and gimmee.

Think you'll find ther is no going back. Once the people learn then can draw from the public largesse the republic is doomed.

Should be interesting to see what happens when that 49% turn into 50% or better. More takers than producers.

Wonder what the left will do when there are more takers than providers. Kinda hard to give away what you don't have.

7. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    this is Obama's VISION for you people in the ObamaNation
    sound wonderful, doesn't it?
    You people enjoy PAYING FOR IT..the money has to come from SOMEWHERE
    And then cheer that the GOP is dead

[ame=http://youtu.be/bXh0mIilKq0]Obama's "Life of Julia'... the untold story - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  8. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    The GOP has had some trouble coming up with candidates over the years. I've tried to disect exactly why and I'm not really sure. I think it could be that actually working a CEO job pays so much more than the CEO job of being president, no one wants to take a pay cut. In the DNC, pretty much any advancement legitimate or otherwise is a pay raise.

9. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    We can only hope!

10. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    It does not evade anyone that the DNC has the welfare class on its side. It also does not evade ME that Obama is trying to take the retirement that I have worked to have and spread it around to that class. Obama must love poor people. He sure created a lot of them.