More Obama Ayers information that you won't here on CBS, NBC, or CNN

Being from Chicago, I've been waiting for this to break. I've been posting quite a bit regarding, just on a different board.

Check out John Kass's Trib column:

When Daley says shhh, library is quiet on Obama -- chicagotribune.com

When Daley says shhh, library is quiet on Obama

John Kass

August 21, 2008

Conservative writer Stanley Kurtz—researching an article for the National Review about connections between Barack Obama and former Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers—made a big mistake.

The poor man took a wrong turn on the Chicago Way. Now he's lost.

Kurtz's research was to be done in a special library run by the University of Illinois at Chicago. The library has 132 boxes full of documents pertaining to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a foundation vested heavily in school reform.

Kurtz believes the documents may show Obama and Ayers were close—far closer than Obama has acknowledged—over oodles of foundation gifts on education projects the two worked on together.

First the librarians told Kurtz yes, come look. But by the time Kurtz landed in Chicago, the librarians changed their minds. The donor of the documents hadn't cleared his research. Perhaps they'll let him look at the documents on Nov. 5.

The relationship between the ambitious Obama and the unrepentant Ayers is a subject that excites Republicans, who haven't really thwacked that pinata as hard as they might. It really irritates Obama and his political champion, Chicago's sovereign lord, Mayor Richard M. Daley.

"This is a public entity," Kurtz told us Wednesday. "I don't understand how confidentiality of the donor would be an issue."

You don't understand, Mr. Kurtz? Allow me to explain. The secret is hidden in the name of the library:

The Richard J. Daley Library.

Eureka!

The Richard J. Daley Library doesn't want nobody nobody sent. And Richard J.'s son, Shortshanks, is now the mayor.

Obama, wearing the reformer's mantle, has generously offered to extend that reform to Washington, even to Kenya, but not Chicago, because he knows Shortshanks would be miffed.

Ayers, a former left-wing radical accused of inciting riots during the anti-war protests in the 1960s, is now also under Shortshanks' protection. After Ayers finally resurfaced in 1980, he got a job the Chicago Way, as a professor at UIC.

The Tribune's City Hall reporter, Dan Mihalopoulos, asked Daley on Wednesday if the Richard J. Daley Library should release the documents. Shortshanks didn't like that one. He kept insisting he would be "very frank," a phrase that makes the needles on a polygraph start jumping...

Thomas Lifson has a good analysis of the issue:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/..._years_co.html

And the NY Times Blog has picked it up, won't be able to ignore much longer, it's like the John Edwards story:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...r-the-records/

ayers has never said he was sorry for any of the radical activity he was involved in. those were brutal times, kent state, democratic convention but still no excuse for his actions. I am amazed at how quickly he has been taken in by the elite. He hates them, yet he is one of them.

another question: obama made his money , if i am not mistaken, from government or public works departments. has he ever really worked? I mean worked hard for his money?

i do understand that mccain married very well...dont get me started on his first wife and his lack of humanity towards her....can one be blamed for marrying well? Can you negate at any time his 5 and 1/2 years of being a captive? As you can see I have few answers but lots of questions.

Nobody has the sense to care about blacklisted news, I guess.

another question: obama made his money , if i am not mistaken, from government or public works departments. has he ever really worked? I mean worked hard for his money?

well Obama worked as a civil rights attorney and a constitutional law professor... I assume those would be considered working outside the government but maybe not. He did work during college and he did have to pay for college with loans and such so I can relate to that and I don't begrudge him his success.

i do understand that mccain married very well...dont get me started on his first wife and his lack of humanity towards her....can one be blamed for marrying well? Can you negate at any time his 5 and 1/2 years of being a captive? As you can see I have few answers but lots of questions.

with McCain it's not just about marrying well. It's about the fact that at no time in his ENTIRE LIFE has he had to work for ANYTHING. He got into the Naval Academy and stayed in the Naval Academy, even with failing grades and behavior problems, based on the connections of his father and grandfather. He entered life as a Navy pilot obviously not based on his skills as a pilot since he crashed 5 times but rather through his connections...after being released as a POW he was given the job of Navy Liason because he couldn't perform his job as a pilot anymore when most men would've been discharged and sent to civilian life.... then after he left the military he got a job with his father-in-law's company rather than find a job on his own.... and last but certainly not least he had his entire campaign financed by his new, rich wife's money.

So I ask you this... between Barack Obama and John McCain, which do you think has shown that he would have the ability to actually live in the same world you and I live in? the day to day world, pay check to pay check?

i do understand that mccain married very well...dont get me started on his first wife and his lack of humanity towards her....can one be blamed for marrying well? Yes, they can when it means leaving their first spouse.

I thought that fidelity in marriage was one of the tenets of the right and not the amoral left. What a blind selfish self centered statement. For better or worse unless you get fat from medication and I find a millionairess. What a (*^*(*&

ggsdgsdgsdfgs

Issues aside, I am still in shock that people could vote for this guy considering all of his connections to people who hate this country.

Earth to Kman. Palin's husband belonged until recently to a party that openly hates this country and our flag. Does that count?

Right wing hate machine in full gear.

Earth to Kman. Palin's husband belonged until recently to a party that openly hates this country and our flag. Does that count?

no that doesnt count...republicans good...democrats bad....republicans smart...democrats stupid...come on ray get on the wagon lol...

what a bunch of b/s.

I'm a 20 year Navy man, and I think that McCain is the absolute worst choice for president. He'd be even worse than Bush Jr.

Nope...in my book, anyone who votes for, or supports McCain is a flaming idiot of the first water. The dude is like a supply officer, all the rank and none of the smarts, because they didn't earn it, they were placed there by luck and family.

Untrue. He belonged to a party that advocates secession from the US. Hatred not required.

leftwing spin machine in full gear.

Far as I know, Ayers wasn't involved in that. Nor was Obama. Separate topic.

but Obama wasn't invovled with the Weather Underground either but that doesn't keep the righties from trying to tie him to it through his association with Ayers.... no matter how limited that association....

I'm a 20 year Navy man, and I think that McCain is the absolute worst choice for president. He'd be even worse than Bush Jr.

Nope...in my book, anyone who votes for, or supports McCain is a flaming idiot of the first water. The dude is like a supply officer, all the rank and none of the smarts, because they didn't earn it, they were placed there by luck and family.

I disagree. Obama would be the absolute worse choice. McCain is at least a notch above that.

I think it's kind of pitiful and telling that these two are the best the universal "we" can do.

Forum List

Back