MORE government intrusion, brought to you by Republicans; the party of less intrusion

So, depending on the state, you would execute a woman for having an abortion? Is this America or Iran?

Murder... the illegal taking of another human life... the developing child is indeed a life with its own unique DNA signature... it is a life of its own, even if dependent on another for current survival.... it is no different than murdering an infant, a person in a coma, or an old person dependent on the support of others

Execution is only for specific situation cases of 1st degree murder.... there are various punishments for murder up to and including the death penalty

Then God should be executed.

Num 5:29-30
This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the LORD, and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.

According to this law, if a husband suspects that his wife has been unfaithful, he can force her to submit to a trial by ordeal. The woman must then drink a holy potion made with water and dust from the floor of the tabernacle. If the woman is innocent, drinking the bitter water that brings curses will not affect her. If the woman is guilty, she will become ill and any fetus she carries in her womb will miscarry.

How exactly do you know this is God's word and not Moses going off on a tangent? What did Hammurabi's Code say on the matter? What are the Similarities between the two?

Let's distinguish between God and what People declare in His Name.

Murder... the illegal taking of another human life... the developing child is indeed a life with its own unique DNA signature... it is a life of its own, even if dependent on another for current survival.... it is no different than murdering an infant, a person in a coma, or an old person dependent on the support of others

Execution is only for specific situation cases of 1st degree murder.... there are various punishments for murder up to and including the death penalty

This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the LORD, and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.

According to this law, if a husband suspects that his wife has been unfaithful, he can force her to submit to a trial by ordeal. The woman must then drink a holy potion made with water and dust from the floor of the tabernacle. If the woman is innocent, drinking the bitter water that brings curses will not affect her. If the woman is guilty, she will become ill and any fetus she carries in her womb will miscarry.

Take it as you will.. go and serve the warrant.. nice attempt to try and make this a biblical thing... what next, bring up Abraham and what he was going to do to his son? Jericho?
I know, some of the old laws of ancient Japan or the civilizations of South America?

Don't take it that just because I am against the murder of innocent developing children that I am some literal bible thumper

When people like you want to play God, the Bible has to comes into play.

Genesis 2:7: “and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul”.

What about a woman who uses birth control pills, an IUD or a morning after pill? 25 years?

How exactly do you know this is God's word and not Moses going off on a tangent? What did Hammurabi's Code say on the matter? What are the Similarities between the two?

Here is your task pea brain...bring unto me a book written by God's hand.

Here is your task pea brain...bring unto me a book written by God's hand.

Me think's that the connect to God's hand, lies within each of us. What's with the pea fettish???

If a woman is in labor and suddenly decides she doesn't want the baby, would it be ok to simply kill the baby once it's delivered? No? Then why is it ok to kill the baby before it's delivered?

Last edited:
If a woman is in labor and suddenly decides she doesn't want the baby, would it be ok to simply kill the bay once it's delivered? No? Then why is it ok to kill the baby before it's delivered?

The polarized minds are out in full force today...

Take it as you will.. go and serve the warrant.. nice attempt to try and make this a biblical thing... what next, bring up Abraham and what he was going to do to his son? Jericho?
I know, some of the old laws of ancient Japan or the civilizations of South America?

Don't take it that just because I am against the murder of innocent developing children that I am some literal bible thumper

Genesis 2:7: “and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul”.

What about a woman who uses birth control pills, an IUD or a morning after pill? 25 years?

Funny.. I did not use religion at all as a premise... that was you because you ASSumed my religion, religious stance, faith, or belief.. nice try... not gonna work though, you hyper-partisan and disingenuous nitwit

Funny.. I did not use religion at all as a premise... that was you because you ASSumed my religion, religious stance, faith, or belief.. nice try... not gonna work though, you hyper-partisan and disingenuous nitwit

No Dave, it's not about your religion, it's about YOU.

YOU accuse murder based on YOUR interpretation of when life begins. Genesis 2:7 says different, and science is still wrestling with that topic.

YOU accuse murder based on YOUR interpretation of when life begins. Genesis 2:7 says different, and science is still wrestling with that topic.

Is a developing life still a life?? Is it not human until it leaves the birth canal? If human that is dependent on another for survival lesser of a person and not eligible for the protections of their innocent life?

You keep bringing up biblical passages... nice try... I am not using anything biblical WHATSOEVER in my stance that taking of an innocent life, no matter how old and no matter how dependent, is indeed murder

If a woman is in labor and suddenly decides she doesn't want the baby, would it be ok to simply kill the bay once it's delivered? No? Then why is it ok to kill the baby before it's delivered?

The polarized minds are out in full force today...
I see you can't really answer that then. It's called a thought experiment. If it's not ok to kill a baby the instant it leaves the mother's womb, then why is it ok to kill it inside the mother's womb?

Last edited:

Is a developing life still a life?? Is it not human until it leaves the birth canal? If human that is dependent on another for survival lesser of a person and not eligible for the protections of their innocent life?

You keep bringing up biblical passages... nice try... I am not using anything biblical WHATSOEVER in my stance that taking of an innocent life, no matter how old and no matter how dependent, is indeed murder

Can that developing embryo survive outside the womb, can it it breathe on it's own? You ARE playing God Dave.

My good friends recently delivered two beautiful babies that were over 2 months premature due to their mother's health complications. The babies were able to breathe on their own right from the start.

So, who here wants to raise their hand and say that they should've been aborted instead. Anyone?

I bet you are in fovor of Obama care? another brain dead liberal democrat. go drink some more purple Kool-aid!!!!

Can that developing embryo survive outside the womb, can it it breathe on it's own? You ARE playing God Dave.

Can the person in a vegetative coma survive on their own? Can the person with severe demntia or Alzheimers survive on their own...

It's a human life, even if it is a developing human life... it's a human life even if it is dependent on another

30 years ago, could a 13 week premature child survive outside the womb? 30 years ago my youngest daughter would have been deemed as someone who would have zero survival rate, yet I have a thriving child... and in many places there are ones of that gestational age that are still aborted/murdered

Can the person in a vegetative coma survive on their own? Can the person with severe demntia or Alzheimers survive on their own...

It's a human life, even if it is a developing human life... it's a human life even if it is dependent on another

30 years ago, could a 13 week premature child survive outside the womb? 30 years ago my youngest daughter would have been deemed as someone who would have zero survival rate, yet I have a thriving child... and in many places there are ones of that gestational age that are still aborted/murdered

Your reference to afflictions and diseases are irrelevant. THE question is Viability.

I understand your point of view, and even share much of it...PERSONALLY

BUT...where do we draw the line between personal freedoms, responsibilities and government (law)?

This is not a simple issue. Trying to legislate morality is OVERreaching government. There are numerous ramifications if your beliefs became law. Have you ever considered ANY of them? If the state were to ban all abortions, do you believe abortions would end? Would you be willing to foot the bill when a mother has medical complications during delivery that require lifelong care? Will you pay for her prenatal care, proper nourishment, visits to a doctor, OBGYN costs? What if her employer terminates her job, will you pay her wages?

If you want to BE a God, you need to consider the job.

Trying to legislate morality is OVERreaching government.
It's not moral to kill people in cold blood, but the government has made pretty strict laws against that. I think that's what you're missing.

You're not going to find many pro-lifers who are against abortion because they want to punish people or involve themselves in other people's lives needlessly. Rather, pro-lifers are such because they believe that fetuses are human beings as well and are thus deserving of protection against having their lives ended by another.

To cut through all the bull shit... if you do not condone the murder of innocent human beings, then the only way you can condone abortion is if you think a fetus isn't a human being.

Edit: Either the above, you you believe that those who created you (your parents) reserve the right to destroy their creation.

Last edited:
It's not moral to kill people in cold blood, but the government has made pretty strict laws against that. I think that's what you're missing.

You're not going to find many pro-lifers who are against abortion because they want to punish people or involve themselves in other people's lives needlessly. Rather, pro-lifers are such because they believe that fetuses are human beings as well and are thus deserving of protection against having their lives ended by another.

To cut through all the bull shit... if you do not condone the murder of innocent human beings, then the only way you can condone abortion is if you think a fetus isn't a human being.

Edit: Either the above, you you believe that those who created you (your parents) reserve the right to destroy their creation.

Precisely

To expand on the above, i don't necessarily think it's out of line to suggest that a fetus isn't a human being until a certain point, but there obviously comes a point that it is. I'm no expert on human development, but obviously there has to be a point where the fetus gains consciousness and/or begins sustaining itself (save for it's food/water supply). Certainly one of those, if not both, constitutes a human life, no?

If you abort a fetus before one or both of the above things happen in it's life then maybe you've got at least a little bit of a leg to stand on there as you could say the fetus could not have survived on it's own and did not feel any pain. Understandably though, many will still disagree with it. But the whole "it's my reproductive right" is a total load of shit, IMO.

Last edited:
I still love how it tries to be turned around that someone protecting a developing human life is 'playing god', when those advocating the arbitrary termination of that life are more closely linked to 'playing god'

Just as having murder as a crime is not going to prevent all murders... having abortion as a crime is not going to prevent all abortions... however it does not mean that we should stop having murder as a crime..

Forum List

Back