More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

It happens every year. You would think the libs would get it by now.

Maybe .1%, but .4%+ percent? Doubt it. We're recovering. If he can bring it below 8 percent by election day he will win in a landslide.

Yes. It's very good. And it is going to upset a lot of rightwingnuts. However, if they don't get a deal on payroll taxes for middle class workers, it's going to stall the nascent recovery.

But Grover moralist told them that letting payroll tax reductions aren't tax increases, but expiration of the bush tax cuts are. :dunno:

a payroll tax deduction just puts social security furthur in the hole something you demoncrats have sworn to protects.. so don't be stupid.

I am not prepared to make a judgement call on why at thios point. Instead, I am looking at the numbers and happy to see we are at 8.6%. If it continues this way, the pundits and the media will debate til the cows come home as to why it happened....but for the rest of us? Who the hell cares. It doesnt matter. No one will be able to prove anything as no one has ever been able to prove anything.

I say we be glad the number is dropping and stop doing the fighting for our sorry ass congress...cause that is what they want us to do.

Folks...we have petty assed children writing our laws while knowing they will have a great retirement without a care in the world...

Both parties see as as fools and use us as tools.

But please.....do carry on about whicch party has all of the answers....

When all is said and done, Pelosi and Boehner will be toasting each other on the beaches of Aruba when they retire.

Most people in this thread failed statistics and/or have no idea how the data for these reports is derived. That's the only logical explanation for the amount of ignorance being displayed.

Can you please explain to me how it is that for ever new hire 3 drop from the work force is a good thing?

Thank you.

Here's the problem with yer particular line of bullshit. Ya ready for it? The obiedoodle administration counted the census workers when they wanted the unemployment figures to go down. There's not a doubt in my mind they aren't doing the same damn thing right now.. so stick your head back up your ass and kerry on.

Hey 8537....

You were right

Show us where any other administration counted "Jobs Saved". :eusa_whistle:

To be fair, Meister, no other president had to or faced such active opposition to recovery from the other "side". :eusa_whistle:

Hey 8537....

You were right

Show us where any other administration counted "Jobs Saved". :eusa_whistle:

To be fair, Meister, no other president had to or faced such active opposition to recovery from the other "side". :eusa_whistle:

you are correct.

The question is why is that?

I wonder how he would be doing with the other side if he did not say "I won" and acted that way when he had a mjority in both houses.

Not saying it would have necessarily been any different......but we know it couldnt have helped him any either.

Most people in this thread failed statistics and/or have no idea how the data for these reports is derived. That's the only logical explanation for the amount of ignorance being displayed.

Can you please explain to me how it is that for ever new hire 3 drop from the work force is a good thing?

Thank you.

Math fail.

Just think of what the numbers would look like if the republicans had not pulled the debt ceiling stunt in the summer to crush the mounting recovery at the time.

GDP would be lower.

Unemployment would be higher.

And President Obama's approval rating would be worse than it is right now (if that is even possible).

Thank you.

Math fail.

where did that number of 1 hiure to 3 drop come from?

Not being sarcastic...just curious as to who made that number up?

There is no way Unemployment stayed stuck on 9% for so long. Businesses are still closing in droves. That number had to be higher. So i just don't have any faith in their numbers. Unemployment is much much higher than 8.6%. I stand by my feelings on that.

They will find a reason why this is not good.

Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Combined with the stunning revelation that businesses started hiring in November in anticipation of Black Friday and Christmas shopping. I mean holy shit....Obama is awesome. He placed the holiday season at the perfect time.

Let's see how it all looks in January after those temporary workers get the boot

Thank you.

Sure. We start with the following situation: 4 people don't have a job.

After this report, we are in the following situation: 3 people don't have a job. 1 person does have a job.

Thank you.

Sure. We start with the following situation: 4 people don't have a job.

After this report, we are in the following situation: 3 people don't have a job. 1 person does have a job.

Its's more like 1 person has a job, 3 say fuck it and quit trying.

Well done.

Forum List

Back