More Economic Good News: GM sales up 23% in January

So let me get this straight:

In 2009, the government pulled forward demand for cars with "Cash For Clunkers", resulting in higher sales in 2009, and less in 2010.

So now that normal sales activity has resumed after being drained for January 2010, we are supposed to be excited about all this extraordinary growth?

As if.

I don't think anyone knows what you are talking about.

We'll keep this Bait'n Switch Strategy our secret....:eusa_shhh:

It's The Arsonist-Messiah approach to governing.

Like bombing Iraq so we could save Iraqis!!!:razz:

We really should start our own country:cool:

In 2009, the government pulled forward demand for cars with "Cash For Clunkers", resulting in higher sales in 2009, and less in 2010.

So now that normal sales activity has resumed after being drained for January 2010, we are supposed to be excited about all this extraordinary growth?

As if.

Jeez....you are correct. I forgot all about how poor sales were last January due to the "push" created by the cash for clunkers fisaco of the previous 2 quarters.

So sales are up 23% over last year this time? When sales were lower than ever?

I am curious...what are sales compared to sales the PREVIOUS January?

Jeezx...this really is a smoke and mirrors report.

Every picture tells a story:

boedicca-albums-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3221-48kikpmp.gif

Auto Sales - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

Note the 2009 spike.

Ford did not need to request Government support and is also doing quite well thank you. The failure of GM and Chrysler and the supporting auto suppliers would not have helped Ford out.

I did not see Ford complaining about the buyout....only Conservatives

Really?

Hmmmm......2 of your major competitors go belly up and you will have no gain iin such a scenario?

Lets see.....demand increases for YOUR cars by those that wish to buy American.

The supply of talented, dedicated employees increases allowing you to shed some of your dead wood...resulting in a more efficient streamlined business.

You are truly clueless about business.

Hmmmm....

Ford could have easily litigated the issue and claimed unfair competition. In fact, Ford supported the bailouts as good for the industry

Conservatives were the only ones rooting for the US Auto Industry to fail....Not Ford

Once again, you are showing how naive you truly are to the business world.

An American car maker suing the federal government for "saving American jobs"......which is exactly how the adminsitration would have characterized it.

Sure...that would have certainly helped Fords image in the marketplace.

I find your blindness to such logic disturbing.

Liberals seem to avoid all logic and look at "action" and "inaction" at face value.

As if.

Jeez....you are correct. I forgot all about how poor sales were last January due to the "push" created by the cash for clunkers fisaco of the previous 2 quarters.

So sales are up 23% over last year this time? When sales were lower than ever?

I am curious...what are sales compared to sales the PREVIOUS January?

Jeezx...this really is a smoke and mirrors report.

Considering how those who want our Auto Industry to fail have credited Cash for Clunkers with every rise in subsequent auto sales for the last year..we should do it more often

The American Auto Industry is rebounding. Any way you cut it, auto manufacturing numbers are up.

Really?

Hmmmm......2 of your major competitors go belly up and you will have no gain iin such a scenario?

The supply of talented, dedicated employees increases allowing you to shed some of your dead wood...resulting in a more efficient streamlined business.

Hmmmm....

Ford could have easily litigated the issue and claimed unfair competition. In fact, Ford supported the bailouts as good for the industry

Conservatives were the only ones rooting for the US Auto Industry to fail....Not Ford

An American car maker suing the federal government for "saving American jobs"......which is exactly how the adminsitration would have characterized it.

Liberals seem to avoid all logic and look at "action" and "inaction" at face value.

Ford supports saving American jobs

Conservatives don't....it could lead to Obama's reelection

Ford did not need to request Government support and is also doing quite well thank you. The failure of GM and Chrysler and the supporting auto suppliers would not have helped Ford out.

I did not see Ford complaining about the buyout....only Conservatives

Really?

Hmmmm....

Ford had its own interests in seeing the bailout happen.

Once again, the right is wrong.

GM reports solid 23% sales gain in January - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

Once left for dead, the US Auto industry is showing strength once again. TARP bailouts, which were decried as wasting good money after bad are proving to be a wise investment

General Motors saw a 23% sales increase in January compared with the year before as customers returned to new-car showrooms.

Most encouraging was the 36% increase in so-called retail sales, individuals buying new cars, not just big sales to fleet customers such as rental car agencies that are less profitable. Those fleet sales were down 7% compared with the same month a year ago.

In what coutries are they being built and who is the buyer ?
Ya forgot to check that little detail didn't ya ?
GM China sales up 20% in January

GM (GM) Sales In China Up 50%, A Way For The Company To Raise Money - 24/7 Wall St.

Hit the "idled" button and scroll down that column.
List of General Motors factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmmm....

Ford supports saving American jobs

Conservatives don't....it could lead to Obama's reelection

Yep.
Sure.
Spew and not address reality.
Typical immature crap of yours.
Can never actually address reality.

I fail to see why any REAL American would do anything but celebrate that the US Auto Industry which was given up for dead two years ago is now rebounding

Because the right needs economic devastation to fuel its attempt to get into power. Americans have too much sense to put the Right in power under any circumstances short of wholesale calamity bringing on a nationwide insanity.

Really?

Hmmmm....

Please enlighten us Mr. Business guru.

Exactly what did Ford gain with such a bailout?

I fail to see why any REAL American would do anything but celebrate that the US Auto Industry which was given up for dead two years ago is now rebounding

Because the right needs economic devastation to fuel its attempt to get into power. Americans have too much sense to put the Right in power under any circumstances short of wholesale calamity bringing on a nationwide insanity.

Actually....and I guess you are blind to this...

But it is the LEFT that has opted to borrow and spend money so they can retain power...

And folks like you are falling for it hook line and sinker.

And when the loan and money runs out? Then what?

Hmmmm....

Please enlighten us Mr. Business guru.

Exactly what did Ford gain with such a bailout?

Waiting NY Carbineer...

Please...enlighten us.....

yep...typical left debating tactic.

Say something that supports your argument but that in itself has no support...and then run.

But it is the LEFT that has opted to borrow and spend money so they can retain power...

And was it the RIGHT who opted to cut taxes so they could retain power?

And was it the RIGHT who opted to cut taxes so they could retain power?

Now you are catching on.

You want to bash the GOP...fine with me.....but then bash the DEMS as well.

Both parties are full of crap and in it for themseleves.

And unitl partisan hacks like you see it, we will never be able to straighten their asses out.

yep...typical left debating tactic.

Say something that supports your argument but that in itself has no support...and then run.

Awww c'mon now. This doesn't happen on both sides?

Sure it does.

Me? I try to support what I state as fact...otherwise I offer it as opinion and try to back that up with fact.

NYCarbineer likes to say what he feels...but state it as fact and NEVER do I see him back up such facts.

And to be honest? It is getting old.

And FYI...that party upstate was HOT!

Another in Pa in 2 weeks.

Forum List

Back