More Economic Good News: GM sales up 23% in January

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
GM reports solid 23% sales gain in January - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

Once left for dead, the US Auto industry is showing strength once again. TARP bailouts, which were decried as wasting good money after bad are proving to be a wise investment

General Motors saw a 23% sales increase in January compared with the year before as customers returned to new-car showrooms.

Most encouraging was the 36% increase in so-called retail sales, individuals buying new cars, not just big sales to fleet customers such as rental car agencies that are less profitable. Those fleet sales were down 7% compared with the same month a year ago.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight:

In 2009, the government pulled forward demand for cars with "Cash For Clunkers", resulting in higher sales in 2009, and less in 2010.

So now that normal sales activity has resumed after being drained for January 2010, we are supposed to be excited about all this extraordinary growth?

As if.

Apparently automobile advertising is up big time as well. Could prove to be great news as it trickles down to many other industries.

Still dont believe in bailouts. You screw up, you fail. Thats the way it is supposed to be.

What kind of lessons are learned by the "you take a chance and win, you keep all; you take a chance and lose, no losses for you, we will bail you out."

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate ObamaMotors for a job well done

:clap2:

You proved a lot of naysayers wrong on your ability to compete

So let me get this straight:

In 2009, the government pulled forward demand for cars with "Cash For Clunkers", resulting in higher sales in 2009, and less in 2010.

So now that normal sales activity has resumed after being drained for January 2010, we are supposed to be excited about all this extraordinary growth?

As if.

Same bullshit he used to constantly post about the housing market, but he's went on quiet time on that front and has some new bullshit to troll on.......

Hey, cash for clunkers saved my job and those of all of my vendors here in the US except for two that went under anyway (windshield manufacturers). Our orders are almost twice what they were before the recession. Why do you pooh-pooh this news?

Last edited:
Hey, cash for clunkers saved my job and those of all of my vendors here in the US except for two that went under anyway (windshield manufacturers). Our orders are almost twice what they were before the recession. Why do you pooh-pooh this news?

I'm glad it saved your job and did some kind of good, i just don't tout it as real economic growth, that's all.......

Because policy that President Obama that yields success, proves the abject failure of Conservatives in general to do anything positive for the American Economy..or the American People.

Selfish piece of shit.

You sorry ass job was saved at the cost of thousands of charities that survived on the donated "clunkers" and at the cost of lesser fiancnially able people being able to buy those clunkers so they can get around.

Not to mention taxc dollars that could have gone to more worthy initiatives.

But YOUR JOB was saved so you can pay your 14K in rent.

Selfish liberal asshole.

Selfish piece of shit.

You sorry ass job was saved at the cost of thousands of charities that survived on the donated "clunkers" and at the cost of lesser fiancnially able people being able to buy those clunkers so they can get around.

Selfish liberal asshole.

Seriously, dude?

Any reason to be such an asshole? Or is it just your nature?

Because policy that President Obama that yields success, proves the abject failure of Conservatives in general to do anything positive for the American Economy..or the American People.

For christ sake, one rdean in this place is enough.......

Selfish piece of shit.

Selfish liberal asshole.

You're joking right? Did someone come and take all "clunkers" off the roads? No, they did not. Also, probably hundreds of thousands of jobs that were saved by that program. Believe it or not, there are still a lot of car parts manufacturers in this country and they do a lot more with their "selfish" paycheck than anyone relying on a charity for a car, you stupid neocon douche. See - two can play that game! And what tax "incentives" are you referring to? So I want it going to the MIC? HELL NO!!! Corporate welfare and "farm" subsidies? Absolutely no effing thanks. You really do hate American workers, don't you?

Listen buddy..if you wanna spar you gotta come up with better.

Otherwise it's to easy.:lol:

Huh?

It cost money for cash for clunkers.

It cost money to prop up GM.

Having access to an unlimited amount of BORROWED money and giving it to an entity that needs money to survive during a recession so it can capitalize during the recovery is not rocket science.

MY son could have done that if he was given the tools to do it.

Listen buddy..if you wanna spar you gotta come up with better.

Otherwise it's to easy.:lol:

If being a kook on the level of rdean is the best way to win a sparring match, you're the heavyweight moonbat champ, congrats........ :clap2:

Forum List

Back