More BS from Washington

This is just wrong.........

This decision goes against all military regs. In fact a US Combat Marine was just discharged for breaking the same reg in the UCMJ, (in particular DOD Directive 1344.10), recently by posting on facebook.........

The Defense Department on Thursday announced it is allowing service members to march in uniform in a gay pride parade for the first time in U.S. history. In a memorandum sent to all its branches, the department said it was making the allowance for San Diego's gay pride parade on Saturday even though its policy generally bars troops from marching in uniform in parades.
The Defense Department said it did so because organizers had encouraged military personnel to march in their uniform and the event was getting national attention.

So all we have to do is get National attention and we can throw the rulebook away?????

Fuck I'm so glad I'm retired............
Ollie,

In what kinds parades are active duty troops allowed to march in uniform? Does this rule apply only to active duty, or are Reserve units similarly restricted?

Cannot endorse any political party or movement or any commercial product. This is a political movement and the person that gave the permission for it needs to retire. Not only that but because of this I hope the marine that was given an other than honorable discharge for breaking the same DOD directive sues and gets his Discharge changed to an Honorable.

This decision goes against all military regs. In fact a US Combat Marine was just discharged for breaking the same reg in the UCMJ, (in particular DOD Directive 1344.10), recently by posting on facebook.........

The Defense Department on Thursday announced it is allowing service members to march in uniform in a gay pride parade for the first time in U.S. history. In a memorandum sent to all its branches, the department said it was making the allowance for San Diego's gay pride parade on Saturday even though its policy generally bars troops from marching in uniform in parades.
The Defense Department said it did so because organizers had encouraged military personnel to march in their uniform and the event was getting national attention.

So all we have to do is get National attention and we can throw the rulebook away?????

Ollie,

In what kinds parades are active duty troops allowed to march in uniform? Does this rule apply only to active duty, or are Reserve units similarly restricted?

Cannot endorse any political party or movement or any commercial product. This is a political movement and the person that gave the permission for it needs to retire. Not only that but because of this I hope the marine that was given an other than honorable discharge for breaking the same DOD directive sues and gets his Discharge changed to an Honorable.

Rightwinger wrote, and I agree, that Gay Pride is apolitical but Gay Rights would be political. How is a Gay Pride parade different from a Thanksgiving Parade or a St. Patrick's Day Parade? Is a Labor Day Parade political? It supports worker's rights?

Ollie is obviously a raging Homophobe.

What he conveniently forgets is, that he served to protect the rights of ALL AMERICANS, not just those he agrees with.

Military in Uniform at NASCAR races: OK.
Military in uniform at NHRA Races (With Army Sponsored race cars): OK.
Military in uniform at Gay Pride parades: Not OK.

Uh, what? :confused:

Oh and by the way, Romney isn't gonna' change anything. He gonna' do what he's told by his Masters just like Obama is doing now. Suckers! :D
attending an event in uniform is not equal to marching in a parade with an avowed platform.....hello.
Hi!

You mean like as a spectator? How about the other events and teams the Army sponsors? What would you call this?

ArmyNASCAR.jpg

I call it idiocy.

next?

but I get your point.

did you get mine?

Just curious..

What does posting anti-Obama rants on Facebook have to do with marching in a parade in uniform?

Both are considered political statements and are covered under the same regulations.....

I don't think being gay in the military is political any more. Going in public and saying "I serve my country, I am gay, and I am proud of it" is not a political statement and has been approved by the Pentagon

If they were campaigning in uniform for an amendment or gay candidate, it would be political. Saying "I am gay and not ashamed of it" is not

US Marines marching in uniform in a St Patricks Day Parade

nyc_st_patricks_day_parade.jpg

Now if Marines can march in an event celebrating Irish pride, why can't they march in an event celebrating Gay pride?

Because the Gay community has made being Gay political these days, or don't you follow that? You know damned well that they have and you know which politics they back.......

No, I do not follow that

Being gay is not political. Saying "I am not ashamed of being gay" is not political.

There are many, many political issues associated with the St Patricks day parade. There used to be a heavy IRA presence. And yet, Military members could always march in the parade and say..I am Irish and I am proud

What he conveniently forgets is, that he served to protect the rights of ALL AMERICANS, not just those he agrees with.

Oh and by the way, Romney isn't gonna' change anything. He gonna' do what he's told by his Masters just like Obama is doing now. Suckers! :D

What part of against regulations is so fucking difficult for an asshole like you to understand? Politics is politics and the gay issue has become political. It is wrong.

Once again. It is against regulations if they have do not have permission. They have permission. Therefore, it is not against regulations.

Let me spell it out for you:

NASCAR race - NOT political event
NHRA race - NOT political event
Gay Pride parade - POLITICAL event

and just for the record, I do not care if anyone is gay or straight; who anyone chooses to love and/or have sex with is their own business. HOWEVER, the PUBLIC act of throwing one's sexual preference into any public forum is a POLITICAL act not substantively different from public display of one's political or religious beliefs; these days, it amounts to the endorsement of a particular political party/ideology (and we ALL damn well know which one!)

I am hardly surprised, though, that one more attempt to politicize our Armed Forces comes from a party and a side of the political spectrum which has historically demonstrated disrespect and contempt for our military, and a president whose friend and mentor Bill Ayers and others of his ilk believed that even the act of MUTINY in wartime should be acceptable in America's Armed Forces (so long as it served their Leftist political agenda, of course). This President is, after all, the philosophical and ideological heir of those who advocated , supported and encouraged acts of MUTINY in our Armed Forces during the Vietnam WAR (not "conflict" or "police action"-I am damned tired of PC euphemisms). I'm sure all of you who believe THAT was OK, would hardly bat an eye at the thought of a little political activity in the military, so long as it benefitted your party/ideology. Let some fool in active service ask to march in a White Pride parade, and I'll bet you sing a different tune!

What part of against regulations is so fucking difficult for an asshole like you to understand? Politics is politics and the gay issue has become political. It is wrong.

Once again. It is against regulations if they have do not have permission. They have permission. Therefore, it is not against regulations.

Only because certain senior officers who value career and politics above duty and country, to the extent of licking a petty political tyrant's boots like a whipped hound, shredded those regulations. ANY senior officer who did that, is a disgrace to his service, his uniform and this nation, and ought to resign. ANY man who would stoop so low, regardless of past service, however meritorious or heroic, has lost his honor, principles and professional integrity! There is a bright line between obeying lawful orders, and being nothing more than a political toady and prostitute - it is a disgrace that anyone could rise to field grade rank and above, and forget that.

Last edited:

Only because certain senior officers who value career and politics above duty and country, to the extent of licking a petty political tyrant's boots like a whipped hound, shredded those regulations. ANY senior officer who did that, is a disgrace to his service, his uniform and this nation, and ought to resign. ANY man who would stoop so low, regardless of past service, however meritorious or heroic, has lost his honor, principles and professional integrity! There is a bright line between obeying lawful orders, and being nothing more than a political toady and prostitute - it is a disgrace that anyone could rise to field grade rank and above, and forget that.

You were there when that decision was made?

So, you dont like gays do you?

Political stances are OK'd by the brass, not by the service personnel. Right?

We all swore to follow the orders of those lawfully appointed over us. Right?

We are bitching because a Marine took upon himself the right to make policy. Right?

Just curious..

What does posting anti-Obama rants on Facebook have to do with marching in a parade in uniform?

Military members in uniform are expected to be apolitical. No participation in political activities or events, because it could signal a political stance by the Armed Forces.

So, Ollie is pointing out that a Marine got the boot for posting anti-Obama speech online but then they okay marching by service members in uniform in support of a position in a political issue. It's contradictory, and indicates a favoritism for those who are aligned with Obama policies and the opposite for those who oppose them.

So, you dont like gays do you?

That's a bit of a presumption, but then it's easier to sling accusations than to stand on principle, no matter whose ox is being gored. In fact, it is a matter of complete indifference to me what anyone does with another consenting adult in private. I do not care for ANY unreasonably lewd public display of affection, whether those are homosexual or heterosexual in nature. That last is a matter of taste and good manners.

No, the problem I have here, is politicizing the military.I cannot approve of ANYTHING that even gives the appearance of political activity while one is in uniform. We can argue til hell freezes over about whether gay pride and gay rights ought to be a political issue, but we know that de facto it is. Consequently, for uniformed personnel to participate in an activity which effectively endorses either is a form of political expression which has traditionally been prohibited by military regulations. It would be just as wrong for uniformed personnel to participate in a parade or rally which endorsed the opposite point of view. I would have exactly the same problem with uniformed personnel appearing at a rally or parade endorsing, say, anti-abortion or pro-abortion views. Public political activity of any kind by personnel in uniform has NO place in the Armed Forces of the United States, PERIOD. Neither is there any proper place for political favoritism of any kind in the Armed Forces. It ought to go without saying that NO senior office, while in active service, should EVER in any way endorse ANY political party, or permit activities which effectively do the same. The issue here is not gay vs. straight; the issue is professional integrity among our senior military leadership. THAT is a bedrock principle which I do not wish to see compromised. Any officer who wishes to do otherwise should resign or retire, and then express his personal views to his heart's content.

Just curious..

Military members in uniform are expected to be apolitical. No participation in political activities or events, because it could signal a political stance by the Armed Forces.

So, Ollie is pointing out that a Marine got the boot for posting anti-Obama speech online but then they okay marching by service members in uniform in support of a position in a political issue. It's contradictory, and indicates a favoritism for those who are aligned with Obama policies and the opposite for those who oppose them.

Is being gay political or just who you are? There is no gay party.

If it were a Columbus Day or St Patricks Day parade could you march in uniform?

Being gay may, or may not be "political". Unfortunately, homosexuality has been made into a political issue. Just how are Columbus Day or St Patrick's Day political? I don't recall any specific case where service members in uniform marched in either.

Political stances are OK'd by the brass, not by the service personnel. Right?

We all swore to follow the orders of those lawfully appointed over us. Right?

We are bitching because a Marine took upon himself the right to make policy. Right?

Just curious..

The point here Jake, is that "the brass", should not take it upon themselves to alter military regulations to support the political agenda of ANY particular political administration, which is precisely what has been done here, no matter how much said general officer(s) are pressured to do so. If necessary, an officer ought to resign, rather than carry out any such political "directive" (which is a clear abuse of power to begin with) and publicly state the reason for said resignation. Professional integrity is more important than anyone's career, but I guess too many years wandering around the Pentagon and going to balls on Embassy Row makes too many forget that.

Ollie, notice that when a liberal disagrees with you, you instantly become a "homophobe." That is because in the liberal mindset, there is no ability to disagree with the approved talking points or positions. You should understand that you should gladly become a nameless, faceless person in the crowd, moving to the approved marching orders WITHOUT the ability to disagree with those positions that have been 'approved.' If you should vary in the approved opinions, then you are labeled. A racist or homophobe or some other appropriate label.

It is the way things are happening these days. I also wonder why a facebook rant is met with an immediate discharge while marching in an 'approved' gay pride parade is allowed. But under this administration, many things that would have been unthinkable are now becoming common place.

I agree Ollie... now I'm a homophobe too.

OK, count me in, too. I feel I'm in the very best company.

Gay is not a political party

If the parade is presented as a political event it violates military regulations if you appear in uniform. Gay pride is no different than Irish pride or Itallian pride

Gay rights is a political issue, states around the country are going to vote on various ballot props. To say it's the same as Irish or Italian pride is bullshit, and I think you know that.

Irish rights has been a political issue for generations yet nobody calls a St Patricks Day parade political.

Military members are allowed to be openly gay. A gay pride parade is just that ...a parade to celebrate and bbe proud of who you are. They are not trying to convert people to be gay

The Pentagon has labeled it as a nonpolitical event and authorized participation in uniform.

Nobody's saying they can't march. But they shouldn't be permitted to march in uniform. What's the problem, they can't be gay without the uniform?

Just curious..

Both are considered political statements and are covered under the same regulations.....

Here's the difference, Ollie: speaking out against obama and his failed and abysmal policies is BAD IAW the libtard gospel. Marching with gays is encouraged while in uniform. Both are against regulation and tradition, but one is approved libturd behavior, the other is not. It's the usual application of double standards.

Forum List

Back