More BS from Washington

Hello? Gay rights? That is a political issue. St Patrtick's day is not. Geez guys, get a grip on reality.

If it was a parade urging support of Gay Rights it is political. If it is a parade celebrating gay pride, it is not

Ollie, notice that when a liberal disagrees with you, you instantly become a "homophobe." That is because in the liberal mindset, there is no ability to disagree with the approved talking points or positions. You should understand that you should gladly become a nameless, faceless person in the crowd, moving to the approved marching orders WITHOUT the ability to disagree with those positions that have been 'approved.' If you should vary in the approved opinions, then you are labeled. A racist or homophobe or some other appropriate label.

It is the way things are happening these days. I also wonder why a facebook rant is met with an immediate discharge while marching in an 'approved' gay pride parade is allowed. But under this administration, many things that would have been unthinkable are now becoming common place.

I agree Ollie... now I'm a homophobe too.

Guess you can label me a homophobe too... Pretty sad what this country is coming to.

This is just wrong.........

This decision goes against all military regs. In fact a US Combat Marine was just discharged for breaking the same reg in the UCMJ, (in particular DOD Directive 1344.10), recently by posting on facebook.........

The Defense Department on Thursday announced it is allowing service members to march in uniform in a gay pride parade for the first time in U.S. history. In a memorandum sent to all its branches, the department said it was making the allowance for San Diego's gay pride parade on Saturday even though its policy generally bars troops from marching in uniform in parades.
The Defense Department said it did so because organizers had encouraged military personnel to march in their uniform and the event was getting national attention.

So all we have to do is get National attention and we can throw the rulebook away?????

Fuck I'm so glad I'm retired............

Just curious..

What does posting anti-Obama rants on Facebook have to do with marching in a parade in uniform?

Military members in uniform are expected to be apolitical. No participation in political activities or events, because it could signal a political stance by the Armed Forces.

So, Ollie is pointing out that a Marine got the boot for posting anti-Obama speech online but then they okay marching by service members in uniform in support of a position in a political issue. It's contradictory, and indicates a favoritism for those who are aligned with Obama policies and the opposite for those who oppose them.

The kind of trash talk that the commander in chief had to put up with from his own soldiers is not exactly okay either. They have inflamed the birther issue and refused to follow orders because of it.
People are fired alot from their employers for posting negative statements on facebook

Hello? Gay rights? That is a political issue. St Patrtick's day is not. Geez guys, get a grip on reality.

If it was a parade urging support of Gay Rights it is political. If it is a parade celebrating gay pride, it is not

Bullshit.

Gay is not a political party

If the parade is presented as a political event it violates military regulations if you appear in uniform. Gay pride is no different than Irish pride or Itallian pride

Last edited:

This decision goes against all military regs. In fact a US Combat Marine was just discharged for breaking the same reg in the UCMJ, (in particular DOD Directive 1344.10), recently by posting on facebook.........

The Defense Department on Thursday announced it is allowing service members to march in uniform in a gay pride parade for the first time in U.S. history. In a memorandum sent to all its branches, the department said it was making the allowance for San Diego's gay pride parade on Saturday even though its policy generally bars troops from marching in uniform in parades.
The Defense Department said it did so because organizers had encouraged military personnel to march in their uniform and the event was getting national attention.

So all we have to do is get National attention and we can throw the rulebook away?????

The directive is they can't do it without permission. They have permission. I really don't see why it is even an issue.

Bullshit.

If the parade is presented as a political event it violates military regulations if you appear in uniform. Gay pride is no different than Irish pride or Itallian pride

Gay rights is a political issue, states around the country are going to vote on various ballot props. To say it's the same as Irish or Italian pride is bullshit, and I think you know that.

Bullshit.

Gay rights is a political issue, states around the country are going to vote on various ballot props. To say it's the same as Irish or Italian pride is bullshit, and I think you know that.

Irish rights has been a political issue for generations yet nobody calls a St Patricks Day parade political.

Military members are allowed to be openly gay. A gay pride parade is just that ...a parade to celebrate and bbe proud of who you are. They are not trying to convert people to be gay

The Pentagon has labeled it as a nonpolitical event and authorized participation in uniform.

For first time, troops get OK to march in gay pride parade _ in uniform - The Washington Post

The Defense Department policy says personnel cannot march in parades in uniform unless they receive approval from their commanding officers or other Pentagon-approved authorities.

The Defense Department said in its message to the service members that they should adhere to policy regarding behavior while wearing their uniforms.

Service members in uniform cannot appear to endorse or selectively benefit groups or individuals, provide a platform for a political message, or appear to be commercially sponsored. They also must ensure their presence in uniform is not intended to increase sales and business traffic.

Ollie,

In what kinds parades are active duty troops allowed to march in uniform? Does this rule apply only to active duty, or are Reserve units similarly restricted?

Irish rights has been a political issue for generations yet nobody calls a St Patricks Day parade political.

Please. When's the last time you saw a prop on a ballot somewhere for Irish rights? To equate that with a gay rights parade is bullshit. Gay rights, gay pride, you can call it what you what, but it's still an event designed to attract political and financial support.

Military members are allowed to be openly gay. A gay pride parade is just that ...a parade to celebrate and bbe proud of who you are. They are not trying to convert people to be gay

They are trying to drum up support for their cause. To deny that is to be very disingenuous.

The Pentagon has labeled it as a nonpolitical event and authorized participation in uniform.

The pentagon answers to the civilian leadership. Their decision was entirely political, and not in keeping with the apolitical stance they are supposed to take.

I don't see that being gay and marching in a parade is political but it is and we have made it so. Obama is supporting gay marriage something that most Americans are against and Romeny is no better why not just leave it alone and it will go away. Why do we have straight parades.

Ollie is obviously a raging Homophobe.

What he conveniently forgets is, that he served to protect the rights of ALL AMERICANS, not just those he agrees with.

Military in Uniform at NASCAR races: OK.
Military in uniform at NHRA Races (With Army Sponsored race cars): OK.
Military in uniform at Gay Pride parades: Not OK.

Uh, what? :confused:

Oh and by the way, Romney isn't gonna' change anything. He gonna' do what he's told by his Masters just like Obama is doing now. Suckers! :D

What part of against regulations is so fucking difficult for an asshole like you to understand? Politics is politics and the gay issue has become political. It is wrong.

Ollie is obviously a raging Homophobe.

What he conveniently forgets is, that he served to protect the rights of ALL AMERICANS, not just those he agrees with.

Military in Uniform at NASCAR races: OK.
Military in uniform at NHRA Races (With Army Sponsored race cars): OK.
Military in uniform at Gay Pride parades: Not OK.

Uh, what? :confused:

Oh and by the way, Romney isn't gonna' change anything. He gonna' do what he's told by his Masters just like Obama is doing now. Suckers! :D

What he and other homophobes also conveniently forget is that gays served to protect the rights of all Americans too.

Mittens will make a lot of noise but you're right - There's not much he will actually DO unless Norquist tells him to. As much as morms hate gays, blacks, etc (read morm's own statements), he's more interested in money than in human beings.

Doesn't matter, regulations don;t have exceptions...........

Just curious..

What does posting anti-Obama rants on Facebook have to do with marching in a parade in uniform?

Both are considered political statements and are covered under the same regulations.....

wow. so they boot a guy with a general discharge becasue it appeared that he was speaking for his branch on line and disparaging the c in c, but they now allow this?

PC rules bro..same with the Hasan gig, no muslim islam terrorist verbiage allowed.

I assume these dolts now realize that they have opened up a Pandora box. no one else who wishes to march in a parade should be refused permission.

I can see it now, some morons in uniform will march in a neo nazi parade , or for Polygamy Rights, but you bet they won't allow that, and fi they don't or punish those that do, I expect the ACLU to come down on them with both feet.

No, not a general discharge, an "other than Honorable"..... much worse.....

US Marines marching in uniform in a St Patricks Day Parade

nyc_st_patricks_day_parade.jpg

Now if Marines can march in an event celebrating Irish pride, why can't they march in an event celebrating Gay pride?

Because the Gay community has made being Gay political these days, or don't you follow that? You know damned well that they have and you know which politics they back.......

Forum List

Back