More Arkansas teachers carrying guns to keep mass shooters away from their schools...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Mass shooters target gun free zones...we know this because they tell us that this is what they do....either from their statements on capture, or in their notes when they are dead......gun free zone status allows a mass shooter unlimited access to unarmed, helpless victims....get rid of that gun free status, and the shooters go somewhere else..they don't want a gun fight, they want to kill people who can't fight back...

The teacher at the beginning of the article....open carries his pistol......and no, it isn't a big deal.....

Pistol-Packing Teachers Becoming More Common in Arkansas

HEBER SPRINGS, ARKANSAS —

Dale Cresswell keeps his gun on his hip at all times: in his classroom, at sporting events, whenever he’s at school.

Cresswell, head coach to the senior boys’ track and cross-country teams, is one of a small, but growing group of teachers around the United States who are volunteering to carry a weapon. His employer, Heber Springs School District, just came online this semester.

“It was a no-brainer. I have a daughter still in school,” said Cresswell of his decision, acknowledging that he might know any potential shooter. “I see it as, I’m protecting more than one person. I’m protecting all the other students.”

Tests and training

In order to qualify, Cresswell and other faculty, including administrators and IT professionals who can move around more easily, underwent background checks and psychological tests. They continue to go through rigorous training.

“I know that last summer there was a big movement here. We were fortunate that we had made the decision early, and we were able to secure trainers and get our time slot locked in,” said Heber Springs School District Superintendent Alan Stauffacher, noting that some other schools are “struggling” to get set up.

A semester in, the novelty of Cresswell carrying a weapon has worn off. He said that when asked, the students tell him they don’t even notice his gun anymore.

----

A study published by Vice News in March found that at least 14 of the 50 states arm teachers and another 16 allow local school boards to decide on the issue.

Rash of school shootings in Arkansas by teachers:

Wait.......

Damn google isn't working. It can't find a single link. I'm still looking.....

In nations with tough gun control laws, they need not resort to such ridiculous measures. Clearly they are doing something right and we are doing something wrong.

Forum List

Back