More Americans think country is getting onto right track

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
This goes with the >50% approval ratings for Obama.

For the second straight week, the percentage of voters who say the United States is heading in the right direction rose to its highest level in recent years.

The number of American voters who say the country is heading in the right direction is the highest since October 2004, when 43% felt the same way. The latest result is now 14 points higher than the level found just after Barack Obama was elected president.

It doesn't seem like people are having buyer's remorse.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Site.

For the second straight week, the percentage of voters who say the United States is heading in the right direction rose to its highest level in recent years.

The number of American voters who say the country is heading in the right direction is the highest since October 2004, when 43% felt the same way. The latest result is now 14 points higher than the level found just after Barack Obama was elected president.

Such spin is so obvious it fails to even qualify as clever.

How about this - even among Democrats, 73% say the country is moving in the wrong direction. Among Independents, 80% say the country is headed in the wrong direction, and among Republicans, 90% say the country is headed in the wrong direction.

Nearly 80% of all polled believe the economy is getting worse.

U.S. Satisfaction Improves Slightly but Steadily

It's what The Obama said:

"What you see in FDR that I hope my team can emulate is, not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence."

That's what all con men do. That's why they're called con men.

Obama thinks he's cool hand Luke, can bluff in this game. Except he doesn't realize yet that in this game, you really do gotta have the cards.

The bluff will work for awhile.

Well, the new POTUS smell lingers.

Give us time to catch our breath, and I promise at least some of us will hate Obama just as much as any of us hated Bush.

The secret to really appreciating crushing disappointments is to hold onto hope just as long as you possible can before plunging into deep dispair.

Yeah--I bet this poll is correct, he.he.

So while Americans are watching their retirements disapear, while they're watching their kids college education disappear, while they're watching their home values plummet, while they're scared to death that they may not have a job tommorrow--they believe that the country is on the right track. Yeah--you bet! Fairly soon, all those fantastic speeches will fade into distant memory & reality hits home base.

What type of people were polled? The parasites of this country that are gleeful that momma government is going to give them free housing & a tank of gas?

This poll is laughable!

Last edited:
Personally I think we have a tough row to hoe and there ain't no way around it, but I think we're on the right track to finally acknowledge it, try to do something about it, and stop having a pres who lives in denial about it.

People can think that the situation is shitty and that it is the right track, at the same time - no contradiction there when you're in a hole that you have to get out of.

Personally I think we have a tough row to hoe and there ain't no way around it, but I think we're on the right track to finally acknowledge it, try to do something about it, and stop having a pres who lives in denial about it.

People can think that the situation is shitty and that it is the right track, at the same time - no contradiction there when you're in a hole that you have to get out of.

Agreed.

The masters have been setting us up for this great fall for sometime so, assuming the plan reall is to fix the problems, which I basically doubt, it's going to take us a generation to fix it.

I personally don't think American has the fortitude to actually change things such that it will be an economic powerhouse again.

I don't think that's the real goal of the masters, either.

I don't think this economic disaster stems from a series of unfortunate mistakes, personally.

I think it's contrived.

Last edited:

Not yet.

The vast majority are not going to blame Obama, nor should they, for the mess we are in. However, he is now Potus, and the direction he takes us in to bring us out of this mess is on him. If he screws it up and makes things worse, then he will pay the price, no doubt.

Even the economists can't come to any agreement on what should be done or if the stimulus and bailouts were the right way to go.

Agreed.

The masters have been setting us up for this great fall for sometime so, assuming the plan reall is to fix the problems, which I basically doubt, it's going to take us a generation to fix it.

I personally don't think American has the fortitude to actually change things such that it will be an economic powerhouse again.

I don't think that's the real goal of the masters, either.

I don't think this economic disaster stems from a series of unfortunate mistakes, personally.

I think it's contrived.

What is contrived about people living too long on borrowed money? Does the collapse of the economy benefit anyone? Seriously?

Wise Words from an American Patriot

and was he ever so right

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe,
we shall become as corrupt as Europe .
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense
of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results
from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear
arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which
he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than
standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control
the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and
corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all
property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers
conquered.'

Forum List

Back