Moon landing

I found this....

The pictures from the Apollo moon landings may appear to have a short distance to the horizon due to a combination of factors related to the lunar landscape and the way photographs are taken. Here are some reasons for this perception:

1. Wide-Angle Lenses: The cameras used during the Apollo missions often had wide-angle lenses, which can distort the perception of distance. Wide-angle lenses can make objects in the foreground appear larger and closer than they actually are while simultaneously capturing a broader field of view.
  2. Lack of Atmosphere: The Moon has no atmosphere, unlike Earth, which means there is no atmospheric haze or scattering of light to create the perception of depth in the same way we experience on our planet. This absence of atmospheric effects can make the lunar landscape seem flatter and closer than it actually is.
  3. Flat Terrain: The Apollo landing sites were chosen for their relatively flat and unobstructed terrain to ensure the safety of the astronauts during landing and takeoff. As a result, the landscape around the landing site appears relatively featureless, which can make it challenging to gauge distances accurately.
  4. Human Perception: Our brains tend to use familiar cues and objects to estimate distances. When viewing lunar photos, there are often no easily recognizable objects or landmarks, such as trees or buildings, that we can use to judge distance accurately.
  5. Focal Length and Perspective: The choice of camera focal length and perspective can influence how distances appear in photographs. The shorter the focal length, the more exaggerated the foreground objects may appear, making the horizon seem closer.
  6. Image Cropping: In some cases, photographs from the moon missions may have been cropped or framed in a way that emphasizes certain elements of the scene, which can make the horizon seem closer than it is.
It's important to remember that while these factors can create the impression of a short distance to the horizon in lunar photos, the Moon's surface is still vast, with wide-open spaces that stretch for kilometers. The apparent lack of depth in these images is a result of the unique characteristics of the lunar environment and the photographic techniques used during the missions.
What? No air?

Do you mean millimeters, rather than degrees? Ten to twenty degrees would be a very narrow view. Depending on the film/sensor format, 10-20mm might be very wide. What kind of camera? What film/sensor format?
Millimeters. Nikon D7000, dx format digital.

I did not know that

Apollo_11.png

content_M175428601_LRmos.str01.1100SQCROP.fix.51.png

Apollo-14.png

content_A15_site_map2.png

Apollo-16-landing-site.png

Apollo-17-landing-site-74ee67b-e1562577610671.png

You ever notice that no matter how small or massive and wide the impact crater, they all seem to be the same depth?

You ever notice that no matter how small or massive and wide the impact crater, they all seem to be the same depth?
That's because the giant aliens used their thumbs to make the big ones and their pinky to make the small ones. Cheese is really easy to leave an impression in.

“Space Invaders” is much more advanced computer technology than we had when we went to the Moon. A bottom-of-the-line configuration of an Apple ][ or an original TRS-80 would be considerably more powerful and robust than the computer that went with Apollo 11.
Interesting, so what's your take on the moon mission? i am not saying it didn't happen but i have an open mind on it.

The one thing i can't get my head round is the technology over fifty years ago, it was on space invader level, that's the only thing that puts doubt in my mind, maybe some of you tech guys could reply on that.
We already had all of the physics down. So if we sent someone to the moon now, we're using the same calculations.

Wide angle lenses distort the objects in an image.

We have all probably seen pics from The Daredevils who skydive from space. Or from the space tourist missions.

None of these people are actually going high enough to see the curvature of the earth. When the limb of the earth appears curved in their photos, it's because if the effect of the wide angle lens.

Interesting, so what's your take on the moon mission? i am not saying it didn't happen but i have an open mind on it.
You can't possibly think all those thousands of employees would all lie and keep quiet for all these years. Only question I have is why we didn't go back.

Wide angle lenses distort the objects in an image.

We have all probably seen pics from The Daredevils who skydive from space. Or from the space tourist missions.

None of these people are actually going high enough to see the curvature of the earth. When the limb of the earth appears curved in their photos, it's because if the effect of the wide angle lens.
Oh bullshit! You see the curve from a jet.

Forum List

Back