‘Monstrosity:’ Florida woman files $5M lawsuit over seasonal Reese’s candies

I think I am grateful I am not so fragile that a candy bar would upset me so much.

Besides that, there is no money grab. This will never see a dime dispensed, as then anyone could sue practically every company in existence for false advertising. Since when does a product EVER look like the picture??

1704058834050.png

Am I inadequate because I have don't have lawsuits currently filed against anyone? I feel smol.

They should throw this out and fine the woman.

In suits like this the person suing should have to pay legal fees for the person they are suing plus 5% of what they are suing for, and court costs if they lose.

That would for damn sure cut way back on frivolous lawsuits. Stupid shit like this is just a mild form of blackmail where they just want an out of court settlement to drop the suit. Most don't ever actually expect to go to court, they just want a quick payout.

In suits like this the person suing should have to pay legal fees for the person they are suing plus 5% of what they are suing for, and court costs if they lose.

That would for damn sure cut way back on frivolous lawsuits. Stupid shit like this is just a mild form of blackmail where they just want an out of court settlement to drop the suit. Most don't ever actually expect to go to court, they just want a quick payout.

It's the Litigation Lottery, people do this and hope for the best. She's either representing herself, which I doubt, or she's hired one of those ambulance chasing contingency lawyers. If you really want to cut down on these ridiculous lawsuits, fine the lawyer who takes the case as well as the client and force him or her to pull all broadcast advertising. Better yet, there should be a general moratorium on all broadcast advertising for the ambulance chasers...

Forum List

Back