Money Is An Illusion

overland

Jan 12, 2017
I have heard people tell me that we can't afford free college or universal health care. They should know that our whole concept of money is just a fantasy. Our currency is fiat currency. It has no real value. Also, the U.S. is about 19 trillion dollars in debt. The last I heard, we have over 61 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. Also, each year we lose anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion in our trade imbalance with China alone. On top of that, each year we HAVE to pay 420 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt. But somehow, we keep going on. Why? Because the idea of money having any real value is a joke! Think about that the next time you want to cry about taxes or say that we can't afford free college or universal health care.

I have heard people tell me that we can't afford free college or universal health care. They should know that our whole concept of money is just a fantasy. Our currency is fiat currency. It has no real value. Also, the U.S. is about 19 trillion dollars in debt. The last I heard, we have over 61 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. Also, each year we lose anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion in our trade imbalance with China alone. On top of that, each year we HAVE to pay 420 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt. But somehow, we keep going on. Why? Because the idea of money having any real value is a joke! Think about that the next time you want to cry about taxes or say that we can't afford free college or universal health care.
Evidently you don't pay bills with an illusion...

• Banned

But I and you do. That is what my thread was all about.

It has no real value.

of course if true you would not mind giving all of yours to me. See how easy that was?

How about if I just give you half of what I have. Just after the I start getting half again more. But then, you would have to justify yourself to the government.

Why?

Give me the other half.

My thread basically said everything there was to say.

Then give it away.

Walk the talk.

But I and you do. That is what my thread was all about.
How many other allusions do you eat?

How about if I just give you half of what I have. Just after the I start getting half again more. But then, you would have to justify yourself to the government.

Do you have any idea what you are trying to say with this gibberish?? Please try in better English.

Money Is An Illusion

So is your brain.

Maybe if I followed some cult. But I don't.

You follow the "Money is an Allusion" cult.

That isn't a cult. It is a reality. Ask anybody. They will tell you our currency is a fiat currency.
Of course it is a fiat currency, but that doesn't mean it has no value. I am about to go downstairs, give a lady $1.59 and get a large coffee in return. If I went down with monopoly money, I would get nothing.

A fiat currency has what value we allow it to have.

I'm fine with my illusion, as long as I can trade it for gas and a soda-pop.

And they could also make it so that you could have free college and universal health care without missing a beat.

Forum List

Back