"Mom, Billy (Maher) did it, too!"

It has to be dug up because there was no outrage from the left to begin with. It's called hypocrisy. It proves the those on the left lack credibility and won't be taken seriously in these matters.

The hypocrisy of others has nothing to do with what Limbaugh did.

Limbaugh was either right or wrong in what he did.

You don't get out of a speeding ticket by proving that the cop didn't stop the other guy who was also speeding.

Again, no one is excusing what Limbaugh said. We are merely discussing your double standard. Something you refuse to acknowledge.

The crappe Pub dupes believe...Rush is a lying leader of your lying idiot/hater party. Maher is a comedian who says this FUNNY stuff on HBO, and Palin IS a public figure, and a **** LOL.

Last edited:
Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

Or do you just not care, you just want to defend Rush?

This is what a 5th grader does.

You expected them to react differently? Why? Have they ever shown any behavior that would indicate they would all of a sudden take responsibility? When? Never happened.

All people did was react the same way you all did with Maher, Letterman, Schultz, Olbermann, etc etc..
so tough shit we don't have to react a certain way, cause it all bullshit.

The crappe Pub dupes believe...Rush is a lying leader of your lying idiot/hater party. Maher is a comedian who says this FUNNY stuff on HBO, and Palin IS a public figure, and a **** LOL.

Funny. You complain about us believing lies and you list a bunch of lies.

You have just embodied the vile and disgusting hypocrisy of the left with your comments.

:clap2:

And we're the party of hate? You really should read your own posts.

:lol:

Last edited:

You have just embodied the vile and disgusting hypocrisy of the left.

:clap2:

And we're the party of hate? You really should read your own posts.

:lol:

The worshipers of Ba'al don't recognize the filth they are immersed in.

Nobody made a big deal about it at the time Maher said it, because most people think Palin is pretty stupid.

It's a given. Palin is stupid.

She's a college grad
A governor
and has made millions doing books and speaking engagements.

I wish I was as dumb as her.

not agreeing with someone isn't a sign you're an idiot.

I don't agree or disagree iwth Palin, I was going with the public perception, a lot of which she created.

But let's look at your criteria.

She was a College Grad. She managed to cobble together enough credits from community colleges to get a Bachelors. Not impressed.

She walked off her job as a Governor after serving half her term. Still not impressed.

She's managed to cleverly market herself. So has Paris Hilton. Not really impressed.

You really don't see the double standard here, do you?. Your post makes it quite clear that you are prejudiced and indicates why.
I also like Maher. I think there are times when he's funny, especially when he goes on about religion.
Then you decide that calling Palin a CXXX is justified because, I don't know, maybe all Conservative Christian women are CXXXs?
Limbaugh's rant was not an attack on women who rely upon birth control. It was about one woman who wanted a religious institution to pay for her recreational sex against its religious doctrine.

I don't see a double standard. Palin's a public figure. Fluke isn't.

Now, it would be nice if the GOP wasn't so in the thrall of the zealots, we wouldn't have these problems.

Imagine in 2008, if instead of taking Palin to appeal to the zealots, McCain had picked Tom Ridge, put Ohio and Pennsylvania in play.

Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

It demonstrates liberal hypocrisy at work.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

I guess that means it is okay to call Obama a ****** then. After all, he's a public figure so there are no boundaries.

And it is okay to be chauvenistic toward a woman who dares to be a public figure, eh?

This liberal illogic being used to defend its hypocrisy is really something.

Fluke is not a private citizen. And she admitted she deliberately targeted a Catholic university for her unconstitutional agenda. She's an admitted political activist.

Last edited:

She testifies before congress....she's a public person now... :eusa_whistle:

LOL, excellent points! That's all those idiots have been doing.

LOL, excellent points! That's all those idiots have been doing.

yawn

"Mommy, I was caught being a hypocrite and my butt hurts!"

Maher has always been this nasty creature. He thrives on that sort of controversy. You're going back six years to find something nasty he said? Really?

Limbaugh tries to pass himself off as a political commentator. He passes himself off as a power broker within the GOP, where the Chairman of the GOP has to come by and kiss his ring after criticizing him for going too far.

By the way, not a liberal. Just a guy who sees the GOP as being dominated by religious fanatics and corporate bloodsuckers, and heading down the road to oblivion...

Just admit your a delusional hypocrite.

Fact is I was showing your ignorant ass Maher's history of insulting ordinary people.

You're too embarrassed to admit you're a liberal. I guess I would be too.

funny thing about that.

I picked up on that as well. The guy claims to be a republican....claims to NOT be a liberal...yet he has never defended a single policy of controversy offerted up by the GOP...and he continually defends every action of the democratic politicians and pundits.

Which means he is embarrassed to admit he is a liberal.

And as you said...I would be embarrassed as well.

I don't defend stupid controversies, like this one.

I said when this started, you guys are walking into a trap, and you walked into one.

Now you are scouring for "Billy did it, too" instead of just admitting Rush screwed up.

Poor wittle Liberal, she can go and EXPOSE herself and waste our time in front of Congress then whine when all the people PICK on her..

Typical poor poor victim...............we got ourselves ANOTHER Cindy Sheehan folks

With all due respect, bullshit.

We've always just taken our lickings from the hypocritical bullies on the left because individuals like yourself and John McCain say we have to just take our lumps because one conservative makes a mistake and we have to just grin and bear it.

You do realize that don't you? We've been instructed that we're supposed to take the "high road" so that when a Palin is called a ****, or when a left wing washed up comedienne calls for the gang rape of Palin by her big black brothers from Harlem, we're supposed to just go "tchh tchh" that's not nice and eat every bit of bullshit they throw at us and pretend to play nice in the sandbox.

Well I'll tell you what. I'm not playing nice in the sandbox anymore and I'm thrilled to see that others feel the same way.

I'm not eating this shit of "I have to be nice to show the left how utterly wrong they are" any freaking more.

By the way, none of us have had to scrounge and go digging for the vile and vicious and disgusting garbage the left and this goes all the way to the punk in the White House have said about conservatives.

And that college kid is not a private citizen. That is an unadulterated lie. Fluke is a well know liberal feminist activist and has been for a decade.

aka moving target for criticism. If she wants to take the stage and denigrate the Catholic Church and its policies on Capitol Hill, if she wants to HEAD up an organization who believe that "abortion is a human right" then she better get ready to get push back.

She's no freaking political virgin. Fluke has been a professional liberal activist in women's rights.

It's not being a 5th grader to fight back against bullies.

It's called taking a fucking stand and not taking shit from the bullying bastards on the left finally.

Pardon my french, but your 5th grader statement has set me clean off.

Well, stop acting like one, and maybe I'll stop treating you like one.

If you made a big deal about those past offenses at the time they happened, that would be one thing. Dredging them up now is what a fifth grader does when he gets caught.

Calling Fluke a political activist is a valid complaint, and if Rush had done that, no one would have an argument with him.

Of course, it would help if Rush had actually learned what she was talking about, and it wasn't "I'm having just soooo much sex". It was about how Georgetown's policies make it hard for people to get medicines that have valid medical purposes. Instead, he went on about how she was a "slut" and a "prostitute" and should post sex videos on line. That was over the line, and "Billy did it, too" doesn't cut it.

aka moving target for criticism. If she wants to take the stage and denigrate the Catholic Church and its policies on Capitol Hill, if she wants to HEAD up an organization who believe that "abortion is a human right" then she better get ready to get push back.

A couple points here.

Again, I wish the Catholic Church showed this much concern when their priests were molesting kids.

Second, teh Church was all for the ACA when they thought they were going to make a shitload of money. Now they are complaining that a string they don't like is attached? Really?

Third, the Supreme Court has already found a right to an abortion, not sure what your complaint is here.

You seriously think people pay enough attention to Rush that his comments in March are going to effect an November election? There are 8 months between now and then. Lots is going to happen. And if OWS & Iran have their say, it's not going to be pretty for us or for the President.

I seriously think that this energized a lot of people who supported Obama in 2008 and were sitting on teh sidelines this time, yes.

But I think the real damage is that exposed Romney's weakness.

George H. Bush or Ronald Reagan would have slapped Rush down hard for this sort of nonsense. Romney just sits there and says nothing.

She testifies before congress....she's a public person now... :eusa_whistle:

no. at most she's a limited public figure. and you wouldn't need actual malice to be liable for defaming her.

thanks for playing. anything so you can call a woman who's not a rightwingnut a slut. common affliction of rightwingnut males with small genitalia as evidenced by so many of you on this board.

:thup:

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys? They are both women. and your excuse is p a t h e t i c

Why didn't you condemn Maher? It's a simple question. Do you have an answer?

u r wise willow.. as always

Forum List

Back