Mohammed cartoon contest: Protest held outside Phoenix mosque

His T-shirt pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam." Some of the counterprotesters wore shirts that said, "Love Thy Neighbor."

Protests counterprotest outside Phoenix mosque - CNN.com

There is one little fact I want to draw your attention to. While protesters advocate pure hatred, counterprotesters preach for love and tolerance. I think it is easy to understand who is right and who is wrong in this situation. Hatred doesn't work and it never will. What do you think young Muslims, friendly to American society, will think about the United States after seeing these pictures and reading "F*** Islam" logos?

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

'Just because I can' is not an argument in a civilized society. What is true motivation for all these people? Hatred and inability to understand.
Don't you think that Muslims take their religious much more seriously than most present-day Christians do and, understanding that, Americans should pay some respect to their views. Muslims are already here and they are not going to leave the country. So why should we make our life harder by alienating them?
I understand the mentality.

They seek to demonstrate that Islamic Encroachment (i.e., read "Londonistan", and other Euro-examples) will not be allowed to occur here.

And they seek to demonstrate that resolve in unmistakable terms.

But even at that level of animosity, there are better ways to do it, than to create a P(ublic) R(elations) nightmare that makes your Primary Message a sidebar.

Everyone keeps talking about the "better way" to protest Islamic religious oppression, but no one ever has any actual ideas, all they have is criticism for those who are doing something.

Yes.

I'm not a fan of Islam - as a matter of fact, I think it's too alien and too incompatible with Western culture and democracy to survive here in its mainstream form - and I believe that it poses a worldwide danger to the peace over the coming decades.

Yet - this is a level of provocation - based purely on hatred - that even an anti-Islamic type like me, is willing to say that this was just plain wrong.

An art-contest? No problem. Caricaturizing Uncle Mo? No problem.

But, right outside a place of worship? Nope. Encouraging the participants to 'come packing' (firearms)? Nope.

Kristallnacht Lite?

Makes us look as bad as the Muslim Brotherhood types stirring-up shit outside of Coptic churches in Egypt, and others in the Middle East who persecute Christians.

Just because we CAN do a thing does not mean that we SHOULD do a thing.

I know that same counter-argument has been used to try to slap down the original cartoon-contest some weeks ago, and I ignored the counter-argument then.

I don't really care.

The contest right outside a place of worship, coupled with the call to bring-along firearms, was, to my tiny little brain, taking it one or two notches too far.

Crossing a line that probably should not have been crossed.

Just because we CAN do a thing does not mean that we SHOULD do a thing.

Which - for my money - is what happened here.

What is the "mainstream form" of Islam for American Muslims? Please describe it.
Example: A woman is accused falsely of burning a Koran and is beaten to death in public. That's just one example of how to be killed by the "peaceful" religion. A woman is raped and if she doesn't have 5 male witnesses in her favor, she is stoned to death. Allahu Akbar!
Didn't hear about that

What US State did it happen in?

One of the 57. Syria, Saudi Arabia or any of the 57 states. I don't remember which.

I still don't see your point

What does a peaceful Phoenix mosque have to do with the actions of terrorists 5000 miles away?

Why don't you hold your protest in Syria?
Oh...I think we all know why they don't.

Everyone keeps talking about the "better way" to protest Islamic religious oppression, but no one ever has any actual ideas, all they have is criticism for those who are doing something.
IMHO... holding the cartoon contest ANY place other than directly in front of a friggin' mosque would have been a 'better way'... there... that was easy enough, wasn't it?

IMHO... holding the cartoon contest ANY place other than directly in front of a friggin' mosque would have been a 'better way'... there... that was easy enough, wasn't it?

They tried that the first time. One guy got shot and the two Islamic terrorists got killed. It doesn't matter where it's held.

“Phoenix (CNN)Protesters at Friday's "Freedom of Speech" rally”

The idiocy of this, of course, is that there's nothing to 'protest,' nothing to justify a 'rally,' as there are no 'free speech' issues in play.

Free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not the relationship between and among private persons; one private person cannot 'violate' the free speech rights of another private person absent government involvement.

Just as idiotic is the 'protest' venue, where the only thing being 'protested' are Muslims peacefully worshiping in their mosque, having done nothing whatsoever to warrant a protest.

This clearly illustrates the ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate of those with an unwarranted hostility toward Muslims, where as a consequence of their unwarranted hate they perceive being Muslim alone as a reason to 'protest.'

They tried that the first time. One guy got shot and the two Islamic terrorists got killed. It doesn't matter where it's held.
They tried that the first time,and it worked the first time.

The event made a substantive protest against the nature and excesses of Islam and its incompatibility with Western culture and society.

They got their message out, without risking casualties far higher than those incurred at a rented hall or auditorium.

It does, indeed, matter where it's held.

1. from a public safety perspective

2. from a public relations (image) perspective

3. from an effectiveness-of-message-delivery perspective

As to (3) (above) - when you conduct such an event in such a highly controversial matter, you draw attention to the NATURE of the event and its manifestations, and you draw attention AWAY FROM your main point - the incompatibility and excesses of Islam.

If you cannot distinguish those points and their importance, then your barrier(s) to such understanding are beyond my own poor ability to overcome or to remedy.

The idiocy of this, of course, is that there's nothing to 'protest,' nothing to justify a 'rally,' as there are no 'free speech' issues in play.

Free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not the relationship between and among private persons; one private person cannot 'violate' the free speech rights of another private person absent government involvement.

Just as idiotic is the 'protest' venue, where the only thing being 'protested' are Muslims peacefully worshiping in their mosque, having done nothing whatsoever to warrant a protest.

This clearly illustrates the ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate of those with an unwarranted hostility toward Muslims, where as a consequence of their unwarranted hate they perceive being Muslim alone as a reason to 'protest.'

No----in fact the mosque at which the protest took place was the one which was frequented by the would be MURDERERS FOR ALLAH.
The objective of the criminals from that mosque was interference in the freedom of
expression of the people in Texas----IN THE NAME OF ISLAM.

It is not illogical to suppose that the criminal action of the would be murderers was based on the TEACHINGS OF THAT MOSQUE. It has not been so demonstrated but not illogical
to consider the very likely possibility. It happened to be fact---that hatred is taught in some mosques and persons who murder "for allah" are considered great heros. If a protestant church somewhere in the south preached segregation and support of the KKK---would you consider it wrong to protest that church?. I was invited to visit a mosque many decades ago------the HATE RANT DELIVERED INTO THE EARS OF CHILDREN that day -------left me so nauseated that I almost vomited on the carpet. It was long ago------about 45 years ago -----and walking distance from the site where the World Trade Center would later be built. Two muslims decided to commit murder in order to stamp on the civil rights of a bunch of people in Texas-----you expect no protest. ? you want to lick their shit?

...ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate of those with an unwarranted hostility toward Muslims

Not...

article-2072308-02FEEE740000044D-327_634x489.jpg

london-bombings2.jpg

2014095604behead.jpg

isis-execution-2.png

slave-market-isis.png

Screen-Shot-2014-12-17-at-12.30.44-PM.png

Eventually.... hundreds... thousands... of 'atypical' behaviors end-up resolving-down to 'typical' behaviors...

Eventually... large-scale silence amongst them on such matters ends-up resolving-down to

Tacet Qui Consentire Videtur

Ya'll can only make excuses for them so many hundreds of times, after so many hundreds of examples, before people stop believing you and start tuning you out, and your argument is lost on your audience.

They tried that the first time,and it worked the first time.

The event made a substantive protest against the nature and excesses of Islam and its incompatibility with Western culture and society.

They got their message out, without risking casualties far higher than those incurred at a rented hall or auditorium.

It does, indeed, matter where it's held.

1. from a public safety perspective

2. from a public relations (image) perspective

3. from an effectiveness-of-message-delivery perspective

As to (3) (above) - when you conduct such an event in such a highly controversial matter, you draw attention to the NATURE of the event and its manifestations, and you draw attention AWAY FROM your main point - the incompatibility and excesses of Islam.

If you cannot distinguish those points and their importance, then your barrier(s) to such understanding are beyond my own poor ability to overcome or to remedy.

Yes it did work the first time. I'm not saying it didn't. I'm just countering your claim that it would be less confrontational if it wasn't in front of a mosque.

As for public safety, the Muslim terrorists proved that it doesn't matter wether it was in front of a mosque or not. Unless you expect the protesters to protest in a secluded compound in a secret location, public safety will always be a problem because of radicalism in terror activity.

Public relations image is of little or no concern. In fact most people view the protest favorably. The only ones who don't are on the left.

The message was delivered VERY effectively. They told them that we are Americans and you cannot tell us what we can do and what we can't. I think they got that message loud and clear.

And your post clearly exposes your ignorance. You build this giant Strawman and then you beat it up. Congratulations dumbass.

No----in fact the mosque at which the protest took place was the one which was frequented by the would be MURDERERS FOR ALLAH.
The objective of the criminals from that mosque was interference in the freedom of
expression of the people in Texas----IN THE NAME OF ISLAM.

It is not illogical to suppose that the criminal action of the would be murderers was based on the TEACHINGS OF THAT MOSQUE. It has not been so demonstrated but not illogical
to consider the very likely possibility. It happened to be fact---that hatred is taught in some mosques and persons who murder "for allah" are considered great heros. If a protestant church somewhere in the south preached segregation and support of the KKK---would you consider it wrong to protest that church?. I was invited to visit a mosque many decades ago------the HATE RANT DELIVERED INTO THE EARS OF CHILDREN that day -------left me so nauseated that I almost vomited on the carpet. It was long ago------about 45 years ago -----and walking distance from the site where the World Trade Center would later be built. Two muslims decided to commit murder in order to stamp on the civil rights of a bunch of people in Texas-----you expect no protest. ? you want to lick their shit?

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

His T-shirt pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam." Some of the counterprotesters wore shirts that said, "Love Thy Neighbor."

There is one little fact I want to draw your attention to. While protesters advocate pure hatred, counterprotesters preach for love and tolerance. I think it is easy to understand who is right and who is wrong in this situation. Hatred doesn't work and it never will. What do you think young Muslims, friendly to American society, will think about the United States after seeing these pictures and reading "F*** Islam" logos?

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

Because you can, doesn't mean you should. Only those with no life and nothing else to do would engage in such childish behavior.

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

Because you can, doesn't mean you should. Only those with no life and nothing else to do would engage in such childish behavior.

do you have any notion as to that which young muslims are exposed regarding americans,, Christians , Jews, and even Hindus? do you care? do you actually imagine that tying a bomb to one's ass in order to murder the children of the "other" is some kind of odd coincidence?

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

They can, so they did.
They should, so they did.
Just because you in your ignorance and limited vocabulary, call it childish, that doesn't mean it actually is childish.

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

They can, so they did.
Just because you in your ignorance and limited vocabulary, call it childish, that doesn't mean it actually is childish.

why is anyone complaining?------it went well-----no violence. could not have been better

in summary-----two disgusting pigs tried to murder people and ended up dead in the gutter. A whole bunch of people went to the origin of the filth in order to express their displeasure PEACEFULLY-------and nothing bad happened ALL GOOD SO FAR

Fully support the activity last night. Until we show how some Muslims are so irrational and prone to violence by deliberately provoking them we can never have an honest discussion about the lunacy of ALL religions.

If you react violently because some dare make fun of your imaginary friends GFY.

While the group in question may well be a bigoted hate-group, that doesn't take away from their point. Nor does it invalidate it. Islam is the only major reliigon right now where if you mock it, some tend to get violent. If we need to hold up why religion is screwed up and dangerous by poking Islam and mocking mighty Mo' so be it.

Sounds like a trial by ordeal. All their women are witches, so lets burn them at the stake or drown them in a lake to prove it. Anyone can be violent if they are provoked, so in your argument their religion is a red herring, or that what you really want is to hurt religious people and are looking for any kind of excuse to do it. Lunacy, interesting choice of words, is it a full moon?

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

They can, so they did.

why is anyone complaining?------it went well-----no violence. could not have been better

in summary-----two disgusting pigs tried to murder people and ended up dead in the gutter. A whole bunch of people went to the origin of the filth in order to express their displeasure PEACEFULLY-------and nothing bad happened ALL GOOD SO FAR

So, that mosque is where the shooters came from?

Forum List

Back