Mohammed cartoon contest: Protest held outside Phoenix mosque

Looks like domestic terrorist/professional victim, Ritzheimer, didn't get the shoot out he was hoping for.

How long before he sets up a GoFundMe account?

His T-shirt pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam." Some of the counterprotesters wore shirts that said, "Love Thy Neighbor."

Protests counterprotest outside Phoenix mosque - CNN.com

There is one little fact I want to draw your attention to. While protesters advocate pure hatred, counterprotesters preach for love and tolerance. I think it is easy to understand who is right and who is wrong in this situation. Hatred doesn't work and it never will. What do you think young Muslims, friendly to American society, will think about the United States after seeing these pictures and reading "F*** Islam" logos?
Yes.

I'm not a fan of Islam - as a matter of fact, I think it's too alien and too incompatible with Western culture and democracy to survive here in its mainstream form - and I believe that it poses a worldwide danger to the peace over the coming decades.

Yet - this is a level of provocation - based purely on hatred - that even an anti-Islamic type like me, is willing to say that this was just plain wrong.

An art-contest? No problem. Caricaturizing Uncle Mo? No problem.

But, right outside a place of worship? Nope. Encouraging the participants to 'come packing' (firearms)? Nope.

Kristallnacht Lite?

Makes us look as bad as the Muslim Brotherhood types stirring-up shit outside of Coptic churches in Egypt, and others in the Middle East who persecute Christians.

Just because we CAN do a thing does not mean that we SHOULD do a thing.

I know that same counter-argument has been used to try to slap down the original cartoon-contest some weeks ago, and I ignored the counter-argument then.

I don't really care.

The contest right outside a place of worship, coupled with the call to bring-along firearms, was, to my tiny little brain, taking it one or two notches too far.

Crossing a line that probably should not have been crossed.

Which - for my money - is what happened here.

What is the "mainstream form" of Islam for American Muslims? Please describe it.
Example: A woman is accused falsely of burning a Koran and is beaten to death in public. That's just one example of how to be killed by the "peaceful" religion. A woman is raped and if she doesn't have 5 male witnesses in her favor, she is stoned to death. Allahu Akbar!

His T-shirt pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam." Some of the counterprotesters wore shirts that said, "Love Thy Neighbor."

There is one little fact I want to draw your attention to. While protesters advocate pure hatred, counterprotesters preach for love and tolerance. I think it is easy to understand who is right and who is wrong in this situation. Hatred doesn't work and it never will. What do you think young Muslims, friendly to American society, will think about the United States after seeing these pictures and reading "F*** Islam" logos?
Yes.

I'm not a fan of Islam - as a matter of fact, I think it's too alien and too incompatible with Western culture and democracy to survive here in its mainstream form - and I believe that it poses a worldwide danger to the peace over the coming decades.

Yet - this is a level of provocation - based purely on hatred - that even an anti-Islamic type like me, is willing to say that this was just plain wrong.

But, right outside a place of worship? Nope. Encouraging the participants to 'come packing' (firearms)? Nope.

Kristallnacht Lite?

Makes us look as bad as the Muslim Brotherhood types stirring-up shit outside of Coptic churches in Egypt, and others in the Middle East who persecute Christians.

I know that same counter-argument has been used to try to slap down the original cartoon-contest some weeks ago, and I ignored the counter-argument then.

I don't really care.

The contest right outside a place of worship, coupled with the call to bring-along firearms, was, to my tiny little brain, taking it one or two notches too far.

What is the "mainstream form" of Islam for American Muslims? Please describe it.
Example: A woman is accused falsely of burning a Koran and is beaten to death in public. That's just one example of how to be killed by the "peaceful" religion. A woman is raped and if she doesn't have 5 male witnesses in her favor, she is stoned to death. Allahu Akbar!
Didn't hear about that

What US State did it happen in?

Fully support the activity last night. Until we show how some Muslims are so irrational and prone to violence by deliberately provoking them we can never have an honest discussion about the lunacy of ALL religions.

If you react violently because some dare make fun of your imaginary friends GFY.

While the group in question may well be a bigoted hate-group, that doesn't take away from their point. Nor does it invalidate it. Islam is the only major reliigon right now where if you mock it, some tend to get violent. If we need to hold up why religion is screwed up and dangerous by poking Islam and mocking mighty Mo' so be it.

Irrational violence to protest irrational violence.
Denial of basic American rights to celebrate basic American rights.
Screeching about free speech while denying free speech to certain Americans.
Showing religion is screwed up by attacking religion.
Saying you're a true American patriot by behaving like an anti-America tyrant.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Yes.

Kristallnacht Lite?

I don't really care.

Didn't hear about that

One of the 57. Syria, Saudi Arabia or any of the 57 states. I don't remember which.

Yes.

Kristallnacht Lite?

I don't really care.

Didn't hear about that

One of the 57. Syria, Saudi Arabia or any of the 57 states. I don't remember which.

I still don't see your point

What does a peaceful Phoenix mosque have to do with the actions of terrorists 5000 miles away?

Why don't you hold your protest in Syria?

Yes.

Kristallnacht Lite?

I don't really care.

Didn't hear about that

What does a peaceful Phoenix mosque have to do with the actions of terrorists 5000 miles away?

One team one fight

-Geaux

Good and bad in everything.

Good Christians, bad Christians.

Good Muslims, bad Muslims.

Good liberals, bad liberals.

Good conservatives, bad conservatives.

Good whites, bad whites.

Good blacks, bad blacks.

Good protests, bad protests.

Good timing, bad timing.

In this case Freedom of Speech is good. Cartoon character of Muhammad bad idea. Tolerance of other religions good.

Yes.

Kristallnacht Lite?

I don't really care.

Didn't hear about that

Haven't you heard? They're all the same. They all use the same super-secret Islam Decoder ring on the Quran. If this mosque is "peaceful", that only means that they are hiding their true zealous hatred for all things "not-muslim", and are secretly waiting to attack. So we have to attack them, to expose what hateful zealots they are...

i figure they'll be able to discern the difference between wackos and hate-filled scum same as gays have to when they see signs like "G-d hates fags" or have to listen to idiots call them pedophiles.

Good whites, bad whites.

Good blacks, bad blacks.

Good timing, bad timing.

In this case Freedom of Speech is good. Cartoon character of Muhammad bad idea. Tolerance of other religions good.

freedome of speech is good.

hatred and hate-filled loons suck

Good whites, bad whites.

Good blacks, bad blacks.

Good timing, bad timing.

freedome of speech is good.

hatred and hate-filled loons suck

I agree and there are some Democrats, Muslims, Republicans, blacks, whites, liberals, conservatives, Christians and Muslims that all fit that category.

...What is the "mainstream form" of Islam for American Muslims? Please describe it.
The reference to 'mainstream Islam' was intended to convey a sense for the hybrid spiritual-cultural-legal-militancy system of beliefs and practices extant throughout the domains of Islam (countries where that belief-system dominates) - including its main branches and variations.

Oh, and, by the way, rather than nit-picking such verbiage, in order to try to pick a fight, why not rejoice, instead, in the idea that even a committed anti-Islam blogger came down on the side of the counter-protesters, this time around? I'm actually in a semi-supportive frame of mind on this one, unless ya'll insist upon pushing me.

Last edited:
If they were there to make a point that Muslims are violent....They didn't
If they wanted to make a point about religious intolerance .....They did, but not the point they wanted to make
Yeppers... Welcome to a long American tradition, denouncing the religion of the other guy.
Which strikes the Objective Mind as highly unfair, unless the religion-in-question is also actively misogynistic and militant and a threat to the general peace.

In which case, some healthy denouncing is a damned sight better than deluding yourself about its nature.

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

'Just because I can' is not an argument in a civilized society. What is true motivation for all these people? Hatred and inability to understand.
Don't you think that Muslims take their religious much more seriously than most present-day Christians do and, understanding that, Americans should pay some respect to their views. Muslims are already here and they are not going to leave the country. So why should we make our life harder by alienating them?

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

'Just because I can' is not an argument in a civilized society. What is true motivation for all these people? Hatred and inability to understand.
Don't you think that Muslims take their religious much more seriously than most present-day Christians do and, understanding that, Americans should pay some respect to their views. Muslims are already here and they are not going to leave the country. So why should we make our life harder by alienating them?

Because we can.

That's why Muslims migrate here from other countries

-Geaux

I love how you left wing nutters love to frame the protests the wrong way so that it fits your narrative. We can see right through that bull shit strawman.

The protests were defiance against the religious tyranny of Islam. I know you stupid tools like to ignore that but facts are facts. It is in defiance of Islam telling Americans what we can and cannot do. You want to live and worship here? Fine and dandy but when you start to attack and oppress us, we will defy you.

Islam got what it deserves.

Freedom of Speech

Next?

-Geaux

The have the freedom of speech, screw the motivation. I don't think they should protest, but I defend the right to do it.

Everyone, needs to respect others freedoms, even if they are vile and you disagree.

It matters not how seriously anyone takes their religion. Dropping a crucifix in urine was offensive and hateful. They had the right to do to be in poor taste, just as this group is offensive and hateful.

It's America, the rights of the disgusting have to be given otherwise the rights of others will be infringed.

Forum List

Back