Modern Liberalism’s False Obsession With Civil War Monuments

AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/mo...obsession-with-civil-war-monuments-1504045658

I agree with the facts presented in this writing. The only criticism I have is reading the author describe our American neighbors as "black" and/or "white", instead of referring to American citizens as "black Americans", "white Americans", "black people or "white people."

We are not colors, we are individual, free thinking human beings experiencing the privilege and good fortune to be born American citizens!

Am I the only American hoping that more and more of my American neighbors RECOGNIZE and embrace the fact our imperfect human species will continue evolving, learning day by day about our human condition and physical world, slowly shedding our human ignorance and adapting as we continue plodding along trying to improve the Quality of Life for all human beings!

Peace.

Our race "debates" are not about race, they're about political advantage.

I don't see anyone of significance out there actually trying to improve improve race relations, heal wounds, change hearts & minds.

Do you?

Hello, Mac. What I see are large numbers of white American citizens scared to death of being called racist or bigots if they speak about social and HEALTH issues affecting far too many black American citizens.

Also, I see a significant population of apparent slow-to-evolve, Freedom Loving “Pro-Black and Conscious Community” Americans illogically believing they have a right as well as duty to LOUDLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, HATE, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, successful, accomplished American citizens?

I am referring to the ever-expanding population of successful Americans like Justice Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Crystal Wright, Dr. Ben Carson, Harris Faulkner, Stephen A. Smith, Walter Edward Williams, Senator Tim Scott or Stacey Dash, to name a few of our peaceful, accomplished American neighbors targeted for HATE, OPPRESSION and discrimination by a significant population of our illogically angry American neighbors wishing to promote an illogical segregationist agenda.

Apparently our Freedom Loving “Pro-Black and Conscious Community” American neighbors don’t realize or care about how they are perceived by the majority of their American neighbors, in that MOST reasonably responsible, well adjusted freedom loving Americans are baffled by, and possibly fearful of Americans wishing to actively discriminate against, OPPRESS and prevent our responsible neighbors from peacefully pursuing THEIR OWN individually unique vision for L, L, (Love) and Happiness. :sad:

I am GENUINELY and sincerely interested in learning why YOU, as well as my reasonably intelligent American or foreign born neighbors *fail to recognize* many of our American neighbors LOUDLY complaining about Racism and “White Privilege” in America, are the SAME Americans not only WILLFULLY IGNORING our Nation’s African American *PARENTAL CHILD CARE* HEALTH CRISIS. They are the same illogical thinking "Pro-Black and Conscious Black Community" Americans HATEFULLY DISCRIMINATING against our peaceful neighbors simply wanting to enjoy their opportunity to pursue their self-determined American dream!

I am referring to America's potentially life scarring Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment public HEALTH CRISIS responsible for popular American urban story-TRUTH-tellers the late Tupac Shakur (born 1971) and Mr. Barack "My Brother's Keeper" Obama repeat White House guest and friend Kendrick Lamar (born 1987) vividly describing in their American art and interviews the "T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E." and "m.A.A.d. City" Child Abuse Cultures that THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, deprived these American men, their childhood friends, as well as many of their elementary and JHS classmates from experiencing a SAFE, fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood critical to a child's well being and emotional development.

Unfortunately, before he discovered how to properly promote his #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E Child Abuse *AWARENESS* concept, Tupac was brutally murdered by OTHER emotionally or mentally ill victims of America's Culture of African American Child Abuse, Neglect and Emotional Maltreatment evolving from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism.

"The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks EVERYONE" ~Tupac Shakur

"We need more people who care; you know what I'm saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that..." ~Tupac Shakur
___
In case there is any confusion, I am writing about and sharing credible evidence describing America’s potentially life scarring, oppressive, MUCH-IGNORED African American *PARENTAL CHILD CARE* HEALTH CRISIS that I, as well as a growing number of my responsible, caring, concerned American and foreign born neighbors believe is impeding our American neighbors of African descent from experiencing the equality and respect all peaceful, reasonably responsible Americans are entitled to enjoy.

Peace.
___
American *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Tagged: #JamylaBolden, #TyshawnLee, #KingstonFrazier, #AvaCastillo, #JulieDombo, #FredrikaAllen, #EthanAli, #LavontayWhite, #NovaMarieGallman, #AyannaAllen, #TrinityGay, #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E >>>REMEDY>>> #A_F_R_E_C_A_N

*"America’s Firm Resolve to End Childhood Abuse and Neglect”*

YTW4HeZ.png

I don't see anyone of significance out there actually trying to improve improve race relations, heal wounds, change hearts & minds.

Do you?

Hello, Mac. What I see are large numbers of white American citizens scared to death of being called racist or bigots if they speak about social and HEALTH issues affecting far too many black American citizens.

Also, I see a significant population of apparent slow-to-evolve, Freedom Loving “Pro-Black and Conscious Community” Americans illogically believing they have a right as well as duty to LOUDLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, HATE, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, successful, accomplished American citizens?

I am referring to the ever-expanding population of successful Americans like Justice Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Crystal Wright, Dr. Ben Carson, Harris Faulkner, Stephen A. Smith, Walter Edward Williams, Senator Tim Scott or Stacey Dash, to name a few of our peaceful, accomplished American neighbors targeted for HATE, OPPRESSION and discrimination by a significant population of our illogically angry American neighbors wishing to promote an illogical segregationist agenda.

Apparently our Freedom Loving “Pro-Black and Conscious Community” American neighbors don’t realize or care about how they are perceived by the majority of their American neighbors, in that MOST reasonably responsible, well adjusted freedom loving Americans are baffled by, and possibly fearful of Americans wishing to actively discriminate against, OPPRESS and prevent our responsible neighbors from peacefully pursuing THEIR OWN individually unique vision for L, L, (Love) and Happiness. :sad:

I am GENUINELY and sincerely interested in learning why YOU, as well as my reasonably intelligent American or foreign born neighbors *fail to recognize* many of our American neighbors LOUDLY complaining about Racism and “White Privilege” in America, are the SAME Americans not only WILLFULLY IGNORING our Nation’s African American *PARENTAL CHILD CARE* HEALTH CRISIS. They are the same illogical thinking "Pro-Black and Conscious Black Community" Americans HATEFULLY DISCRIMINATING against our peaceful neighbors simply wanting to enjoy their opportunity to pursue their self-determined American dream!

I am referring to America's potentially life scarring Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment public HEALTH CRISIS responsible for popular American urban story-TRUTH-tellers the late Tupac Shakur (born 1971) and Mr. Barack "My Brother's Keeper" Obama repeat White House guest and friend Kendrick Lamar (born 1987) vividly describing in their American art and interviews the "T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E." and "m.A.A.d. City" Child Abuse Cultures that THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, deprived these American men, their childhood friends, as well as many of their elementary and JHS classmates from experiencing a SAFE, fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood critical to a child's well being and emotional development.

Unfortunately, before he discovered how to properly promote his #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E Child Abuse *AWARENESS* concept, Tupac was brutally murdered by OTHER emotionally or mentally ill victims of America's Culture of African American Child Abuse, Neglect and Emotional Maltreatment evolving from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism.

"The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks EVERYONE" ~Tupac Shakur

"We need more people who care; you know what I'm saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that..." ~Tupac Shakur
___
In case there is any confusion, I am writing about and sharing credible evidence describing America’s potentially life scarring, oppressive, MUCH-IGNORED African American *PARENTAL CHILD CARE* HEALTH CRISIS that I, as well as a growing number of my responsible, caring, concerned American and foreign born neighbors believe is impeding our American neighbors of African descent from experiencing the equality and respect all peaceful, reasonably responsible Americans are entitled to enjoy.

Peace.
___
American *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Tagged: #JamylaBolden, #TyshawnLee, #KingstonFrazier, #AvaCastillo, #JulieDombo, #FredrikaAllen, #EthanAli, #LavontayWhite, #NovaMarieGallman, #AyannaAllen, #TrinityGay, #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E >>>REMEDY>>> #A_F_R_E_C_A_N

*"America’s Firm Resolve to End Childhood Abuse and Neglect”*

YTW4HeZ.png
I can see you put a lot of effort into this, so I want to respond out of respect. But I'm not going to read all of that.

Please make a concise point, ask a clear question, and I'll be happy to respond.

Do you?
Many voted for Obama in the hopes he would improve race relations. No one expected him to purposely work to harm race relations.

Our race "debates" are not about race, they're about political advantage. I don't see anyone of significance out there actually trying to improve improve race relations, heal wounds, change hearts & minds. Do you?.
Many voted for Obama in the hopes he would improve race relations. No one expected him to purposely work to harm race relations.
My biggest disappointment, by far, of his presidency.

I agree with the facts presented in this writing. The only criticism I have is reading the author describe our American neighbors as "black" and/or "white", instead of referring to American citizens as "black Americans", "white Americans", "black people or "white people."

We are not colors, we are individual, free thinking human beings experiencing the privilege and good fortune to be born American citizens!

Am I the only American hoping that more and more of my American neighbors RECOGNIZE and embrace the fact our imperfect human species will continue evolving, learning day by day about our human condition and physical world, slowly shedding our human ignorance and adapting as we continue plodding along trying to improve the Quality of Life for all human beings!

Peace.
Clearly this is all a made up issue by the elite and their media, to inflame dumb Americans to commit violence.

As Chris Hedges states below, we could be headed for a very bloody revolution designed and directed by the elites, to impose tyranny as has been done throughout history numerous times.

The two opposing groups, largely made up of people who have been cast aside by the cruelty of corporate capitalism, have embraced holy war. Their lives, battered by economic misery and social marginalization, have suddenly been filled with meaning. They hold themselves up as the vanguard of the oppressed. They arrogate to themselves the right to use force to silence those they define as the enemy. They sanctify anger. They are infected with the dark, adrenaline-driven urge for confrontation that arises among the disenfranchised when a democracy ceases to function. They are separated, as Sigmund Freud wrote of those who engage in fratricide, by the “narcissism of minor differences.” They mirror each other, not only ideologically but also physically—armed and dressed in black, the color of fascism and the color of death.

It was inevitable that we would reach this point. The corporate state has seized and corrupted all democratic institutions, including the two main political parties, to serve the interests of corporate power and maximize global corporate profits. There is no justice in the courts. There is no possibility for reform in the legislative bodies. The executive branch is a dysfunctional mess headed by a narcissistic kleptocrat, con artist and pathological liar. Money has replaced the vote. The consent of the governed is a joke. Our most basic constitutional rights, including the rights to privacy and due process, have been taken from us by judicial fiat. The economically marginalized, now a majority of the country, have been rendered invisible by a corporate media dominated by highly paid courtiers spewing out meaningless political and celebrity gossip and trivia as if it were news. The corporate state, unimpeded, is pillaging and looting the carcass of the country and government, along with the natural world, for the personal gain of the 1 percent. It daily locks away in cages the poor, especially poor people of color, discarding the vulnerable as human refuse.

A government that is paralyzed and unable and unwilling to address the rudimentary needs of its citizens, as I saw in the former Yugoslavia and as history has shown with the Weimar Republic and czarist Russia, eventually empowers violent extremists. Economic and social marginalization is the lifeblood of extremist groups. Without it they wither and die. Extremism, as the social critic Christopher Lasch wrote, is “a refuge from the terrors of inner life.”

How ‘Antifa’ Mirrors the ‘Alt-Right’ - Truthdig: Expert Reporting, Current News, Provocative Columnists

Do you?

Considering that the whole point of communities moving monuments is to disassociate themselves from the implicit endorsement of the Lost Cause movement and the racial regression it caused, yes. Quite a bit.

Our race "debates" are not about race, they're about political advantage. I don't see anyone of significance out there actually trying to improve improve race relations, heal wounds, change hearts & minds. Do you?.
Considering that the whole point of communities moving monuments is to disassociate themselves from the implicit endorsement of the Lost Cause movement and the racial regression it caused, yes. Quite a bit.
Exacerbating tensions by satisfying one side and angering the other heals nothing.

I realize this is about payback and punishment, but let's not pretend anyone is actually trying to improve race relations.

The Dirty Democrats created the statue issue to incite hate and violence

Actually Dylann Roof created it, but yes you have the motivation correct. His intention, stupid as it was, was to start a "race war".

And the first to respond in opposition to him was Nikki Haley and the South Carolina state legislature. Within a week.

Exacerbating tensions by satisfying one side and angering the other heals nothing.

I realize this is about payback and punishment, but let's not pretend anyone is actually trying to improve race relations.

You are correct that what you choose to see is voluntary. But choosing not to see it doesn't mean everyone else is therefore oblivious to it.

You are correct that what you choose to see is voluntary. But choosing not to see it doesn't mean everyone else is therefore oblivious to it.
Huh?

Peace.

Kind of convenient to post "I agree with" an article that can't be read without a subscription. We'll never know what it actually says.

But the bottom line is that communities (and private property owners) opting to repair their own public images have nothing to do with "Liberalism". It has to do with their own control of their own property and their own image.

I expected him to do exactly that as a calculation.
I live in an ultra-black, neosegregationist locale where almost all blacks are conditioned to do everything in the name of their ostensible blackness. Obama was the personification of that segregation and being a political whore there was no way he would miss the opportunity to capitalize on and invest in further segregation.
Confederate statue censorship is Obama legacy.

Peace.
This fails as a straw man fallacy.

‘Liberals’ are not ‘obsessed’ with Civil War monuments.

‘Liberals’ are correct to support local jurisdictions who seek to relocate monuments honoring Jim Crow, Black Codes, and segregation to more appropriate venues, where they can be studied as historic relics of the past, no longer endorsing the hateful dogma of racism and bigotry as a matter of public policy.

And because we are individuals and free-thinking human beings, we are at liberty to engage in debate and discourse as to the meaning and intent of such ‘monuments,’ and determine their fate consistent with the will of members of local communities.

Indeed, Civil War monuments aren’t at issue at all – the issue is instead the failure of the American people to realize consensus that such monuments no longer have a place in our diverse, inclusive society.

Peace.

Kind of convenient to post "I agree with" an article that can't be read without a subscription. We'll never know what it actually says.

But the bottom line is that communities (and private property owners) opting to repair their own public images have nothing to do with "Liberalism". It has to do with their own control of their own property and their own image.
Again, the premise of the article fails as a strawman fallacy.

It attempts to propagate the lie that ‘liberals’ endorse a “slavery narrative, which posits that racial inequality today is mainly a legacy of the country’s slave past.” Ibid

Needless to say, nothing could be further from the truth.

‘Liberals’ correctly understand that most ‘confederate’ monuments were created during the late 19th, early 20th Centuries not to ‘commemorate’ Southern Civil War dead but to intimidate African-American communities throughout the South as blacks began the struggle to realize their comprehensive civil rights.

And ‘liberals’ correctly understand that the racial inequality that exists today is mainly the legacy of Jim Crow, Black Codes, and segregation – not slavery.

Confederate statue censorship is Obama legacy.

Mostly it's something that does not exist. Booting a propaganda transmitter off one's own property and moving it to a more appropriate (and more neutral) venue is no more "censorship" than a theater which decides "Gone With the Wind" is not on their roster is "censorship".

Your argument reduces to "I'm butthurt". To which the only response is, "tough shit". When you own these public spaces, and when you own the movie theater, then you can decide what stands there and what film is shown. Until then you have no basis.

Forum List

Back