CDZ Modern Day Christian Terrorists

Why don't Christians condemn their terrorists?
I am a Christian. I don't believe that it is possible to be a Christian and a terrorist at the same time. I condemn all acts of terror.

Though some make blanket assumptions and declarations about what Christians believe, I don't assume that all followers of Islam are terrorists. I don't know enough about their religion to speak about how terrorism perverts Islam. That's why earlier I said it'd be nice to hear from someone who knows the religion and can speak about it.

I am a Christian. I don't believe that it is possible to be a Christian and a terrorist at the same time. I condemn all acts of terror.

The Christian terrorist organizations described in the OP reject your premise.

Uh, yes. Salon and the Southern Poverty Law Center declare that my Christian beliefs include terror acts. Therefore there is no room for my Christian viewpoint. Kinda like how Muslims get lumped together, eh?

OP says, "Because they say that terrorists who pervert Christian beliefs aren't "real Christians."But, muslims who pervert Muslim beliefs ARE real muslims.This only makes sense if you are completely unaware of your own biases."

Who's biased?

There are more than a few Christian terrorist groups, but somehow their activities are largely ignored.

6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups our media conveniently ignores

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) recently released an in-depth report on terrorism in the United States. Covering April 2009 to February 2015, the report (titled “The Age of the Wolf”) found that during that period, “more people have been killed in America by non-Islamic domestic terrorists than jihadists.” The SPLC asserted that “the jihadist threat is a tremendous one,” pointing out that al-Qaeda’s attacks of September 11, 2001 remain the deadliest in U.S. history. But the study also noted that the second deadliest was carried out not by Islamists, but by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995—and law enforcement, the SPLC stressed, are doing the public a huge disservice if they view terrorism as an exclusively Islamist phenomenon.

The report, in a sense, echoed the assertions that President Barack Obama made when he spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast in February and stressed that Muslims don’t have the market cornered on religious extremism. In the minds of far-right Republicans, Obama committed the ultimate sin by daring to mention that Christianity has a dark side and citing the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition as two examples from the distant past. Obama wasn’t attacking Christianity on the whole but rather, was making the point that just as not all Christians can be held responsible for the horrors of the Inquisition, not all Muslims can be blamed for the violent extremism of ISIS (the Islamic State, Iraq and Syria), the Taliban, al-Qaeda or Boko Haram. But Obama certainly didn’t need to look 800 or 900 years in the past to find examples of extreme Christianists committing atrocities. Violent Christianists are a reality in different parts of the world—including the United States—and the fact that the mainstream media don’t give them as much coverage as ISIS or Boko Haram doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

Why do you think that people hold muslims to a different standard than they do Christians?
Fear, ignorance, and hate.

Uh, yes. Salon and the Southern Poverty Law Center declare that my Christian beliefs include terror acts. Therefore there is no room for my Christian viewpoint. Kinda like how Muslims get lumped together, eh?

OP says, "Because they say that terrorists who pervert Christian beliefs aren't "real Christians."But, muslims who pervert Muslim beliefs ARE real muslims.This only makes sense if you are completely unaware of your own biases."

Who's biased?

No. Salon and SPLC report on terrorist groups that claim to be Christian.

You have it backwards.

Who's biased?

You have it backwards.
No I don't. You are pointing your accusing finger of bias out of habit rather than reason.

Last edited:
Uh, yes. Salon and the Southern Poverty Law Center declare that my Christian beliefs include terror acts.

If you clicked on the links, you'd find they report on actual instances of violence among so-called Christians. Are you saying these events did not occur?

Uh, yes. Salon and the Southern Poverty Law Center declare that my Christian beliefs include terror acts.

If you clicked on the links, you'd find they report on actual instances of violence among so-called Christians. Are you saying these events did not occur?
Of course not. If you read my remarks you will have noticed I'm not denying that there are reports of "Christian" terror acts. And yes. These terror acts occurred. I'm saying that if you are a Christian you don't do terror.

The fear, ignorance, and hate, of course, manifest mostly with those who have an unwarranted hostility toward Islam.

For those who exhibit bigotry with regard to Muslims, when Christians commit acts of terror, the individual is solely responsible, not his religion.

When a Muslim commits an act of terror, however, Islam is somehow ‘responsible,’ not the individual – in addition to being inconsistent, this is also completely untrue.

Individuals alone are responsible for their actions, not religions.

There are more than a few Christian terrorist groups, but somehow their activities are largely ignored.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) recently released an in-depth report on terrorism in the United States. Covering April 2009 to February 2015, the report (titled “The Age of the Wolf”) found that during that period, “more people have been killed in America by non-Islamic domestic terrorists than jihadists.” The SPLC asserted that “the jihadist threat is a tremendous one,” pointing out that al-Qaeda’s attacks of September 11, 2001 remain the deadliest in U.S. history. But the study also noted that the second deadliest was carried out not by Islamists, but by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995—and law enforcement, the SPLC stressed, are doing the public a huge disservice if they view terrorism as an exclusively Islamist phenomenon.

The report, in a sense, echoed the assertions that President Barack Obama made when he spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast in February and stressed that Muslims don’t have the market cornered on religious extremism. In the minds of far-right Republicans, Obama committed the ultimate sin by daring to mention that Christianity has a dark side and citing the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition as two examples from the distant past. Obama wasn’t attacking Christianity on the whole but rather, was making the point that just as not all Christians can be held responsible for the horrors of the Inquisition, not all Muslims can be blamed for the violent extremism of ISIS (the Islamic State, Iraq and Syria), the Taliban, al-Qaeda or Boko Haram. But Obama certainly didn’t need to look 800 or 900 years in the past to find examples of extreme Christianists committing atrocities. Violent Christianists are a reality in different parts of the world—including the United States—and the fact that the mainstream media don’t give them as much coverage as ISIS or Boko Haram doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

Why do you think that people hold muslims to a different standard than they do Christians?
Ya know if they didn't blow shit up and kill so many you might have a point.y our examples besides McVeigh ,have attached who? And have killed how many.? Islam has presently nobody close to matching their level of terror.Mcveigh was a lone wolf anti gov was his motivation,not religion.

Ya know if they didn't blow shit up and kill so many you might have a point.y our examples besides McVeigh ,have attached who? And have killed how many.? Islam has presently nobody close to matching their level of terror.Mcveigh was a lone wolf anti gov was his motivation,not religion.

Didn't read the links, huh? And why is it when it's Christians it's always something other than their religion that motivates them?

What's your excuse for Kevin "Kill the Gays" Swanson?

Didn't read the links, huh? And why is it when it's Christians it's always something other than their religion that motivates them?

Excuse? I'm not Kevin Swanson. I'm not excusing any bad act. You obviously did not read what I've already said.

Excuse? I'm not Kevin Swanson. I'm not excusing any bad act. You obviously did not read what I've already said.

You're just selectively condemning those performed by Muslim extremists.

You're just selectively condemning those performed by Muslim extremists.
Wrong.

Again. You didn't read what I've already said. I condemn terror.

I know what Christianity teaches, so I know that followers of Jesus Christ don't do terror. I don't know the tenets of Islam. Even so, when ISIS drops people into a vat of acid, I don't assume all Muslims believe in dropping people in acid. Get it?

Of course not. If you read my remarks you will have noticed I'm not denying that there are reports of "Christian" terror acts. And yes. These terror acts occurred. I'm saying that if you are a Christian you don't do terror.

Really? Because Robert Dear (you know, the person who shot up the abortion clinic in CO), was screaming about God and Jesus when he did the shooting.

He also called himself a "warrior for the babies".

Really? Because Robert Dear (you know, the person who shot up the abortion clinic in CO), was screaming about God and Jesus when he did the shooting.

Yes. Really. Apparently you can't be bothered to read either. A whacko "warrior for the babies" killing people is not following the teaching of Jesus Christ.

He was found by a court to be too coo coo bat shit nuts to stand trial

"Why do you think that people hold muslims to a different standard than they do Christians?"

I don't

Who's biased?

You have it backwards.
No I don't. You are pointing your accusing finger of bias out of habit rather than reason.

That is your opinion, but it is incorrect. Thanks for sharing, though!

Forum List

Back