Moderator Ruling on the discussion of children of politicians

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I would appreciate specific guidelines on the discussion of children of politicians past and present office holders specifically in the Politics Forum.

For example we have a thread this evening dealing with a drunken Bristol Palin in Politics. I would have thought that she's fair game in Current Events to be sure but off limits in Politics.

But our resident USMB libs are claiming that because her mother ran for office and Bristol was on Dancing with the Stars she's a celebrity political figure. Therefore fair game.

Ditto Willow Palin because she posted some vulgar things on Facebook.

On the other hand we have a Hunter Biden thread currently running in Politics and although I didn't start that thread I could justify Hunter Biden's illegal drug use and dismissal from the Navy as a political issue since I consider Hunter being the child of the Vice President of the United States and having to purchase his illegal drugs from a dealer to be a security risk.

Other family issues have arisen within the Biden family as well regarding illegal activity.

One more time a security issue. After all Biden is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

So to clear up any grey areas, could the Administration be kind enough to give a specific ruling on what is allowed or not allowed in Politics regarding children or other relatives of politicians past or present?

Thanking you in advance,
td

Non of the "KIDS" being discussed are children. They are adults. As far as Bristol goes, she made a quarter million dollars by becoming a public spokesperson. That by itself made her a public figure on her own. Her reality shows have added to her celebrity status. And kids who get busted for drugs after they become adults are fair game also.

I would appreciate specific guidelines on the discussion of children of politicians past and present office holders specifically in the Politics Forum.

For example we have a thread this evening dealing with a drunken Bristol Palin in Politics. I would have thought that she's fair game in Current Events to be sure but off limits in Politics.

But our resident USMB libs are claiming that because her mother ran for office and Bristol was on Dancing with the Stars she's a celebrity political figure. Therefore fair game.

On the other hand we have a Hunter Biden thread currently running in Politics and although I didn't start that thread I could justify Hunter Biden's illegal drug use and dismissal from the Navy as a political issue since I consider Hunter being the child of the Vice President of the United States and having to purchase his illegal drugs from a dealer to be a security risk.

Other family issues have arisen within the Biden family as well regarding illegal activity.

One more time a security issue. After all Biden is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

So to clear up any grey areas, could the Administration be kind enough to give a specific ruling on what is allowed or not allowed in Politics regarding children or other relatives of politicians past or present?

Thanking you in advance,
td

Jeez Louise republicans are such VICTIMS! What happened to you all? You used to not be pussies! Get a hold of yourselves!!!

My question strictly relates to the Politics Forum you see. Take on any child in Current Events if the mods rule its AOK..For whatever reason.

The gloves are off. It's election time after all and time to get down and dirty.

But I just want to know who I can lay into on the front page. And that is the Politics Forum.

:)

My question strictly relates to the Politics Forum you see. Take on any child in Current Events if the mods rule its AOK..For whatever reason.

The gloves are off. It's election time after all and time to get down and dirty.

But I just want to know who I can lay into on the front page. And that is the Politics Forum.

:)

Go after Hillary's unborn grandchild. You know that kid will grow up to be rebel scum.

Thanking you in advance,
td

Jeez Louise republicans are such VICTIMS! What happened to you all? You used to not be pussies! Get a hold of yourselves!!!

Who's being a pussy? I want to play by the rules.

who gives a shit about the rules, only a douche attacks a person simply because they disagree with their parents politics.

To me the issue of Biden's adult children being involved with illegal drugs and drug dealers is truly political.

A security issue. Pops is the VP after all and only a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Non of the "KIDS" being discussed are children. They are adults. As far as Bristol goes, she made a quarter million dollars by becoming a public spokesperson. That by itself made her a public figure on her own. Her reality shows have added to her celebrity status. And kids who get busted for drugs after they become adults are fair game also.
Including Democrat kids?

or

1/2 dozen...

I don't think it really matters....

-these are BOTH adult children of Political figures....they are being brought up because of being related to political figures....so politics would be ok, in my opinion...along with current events or general discussion forums too! Any of them would have been acceptable to me when I was a mod.

-for a year or 2 the Current events forum was eliminated at USMB, and anything like that went in to the Political forum or General discussion forum....

also note, that in general and from experience....mods here don't want to ''over mod'' and irritate their customers/(members)....so, if a New Thread was started in a forum that it ''could'' potentially fit in, from what I was taught, it should not be moved.... save the moving of threads to what is obviously in the wrong spot....

Go after Hillary's unborn grandchild. You know that kid will grow up to be rebel scum.

:lol:

I'm really thinking more of the alive and kicking kids in the family. For example right now the race in NC is really tight.

Hagan's family has made a fortune off some of her votes. Ditto Reid's family.

But not just to throw dirt because I don't like the politics of the family.

Including Democrat kids?
As long as they are adults it doesn't matter. Some restrictions would apply, one might hope, if the adult child has lived a private life, and not be over used or bullied, treated unfairly, etc., but Biden is fair game for sure. Is,'t he an elected official in Delaware?

Only thing I remember reading in Rules about family was ya can't make fun of a member's parents. Presumedly their children too. But that wouldn't apply to public figures I'd think.

"No Attacks on family members."

I read that to mean USMB family members. Not family memebers everywhere on the planet. Everybody's somebody's kid afterall. :)

81819-christina-aguilera-bitch-pleas-y1vL.gif

I figure Democrats picking on kids makes them feel a little better about the lousy job they've done as parents with theirs.

pbP8K.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back