MM Really Doesn't Hate America?

no1tovote4 said:
The company was KMart. Exploiting for money is unfortunately a US passtime in the first degree.

I still get angry every time I think about his "debate" with the Alzheimer patient at the end of the movie. He was clearly so proud that he won the debate, but was debating with somebody that already had announced that he had Alzheimer's disease. What a frickin' loser!
And asking him to apologize to the families as if it was his fault. Then putting that picture in the drive way. He calls himself a member of the NRA..wonder why?

wolvie20m said:
And asking him to apologize to the families as if it was his fault. Then putting that picture in the drive way. He calls himself a member of the NRA..wonder why?
cause hes trying to make a point. he dont know what it is yet, but im sure hes thinking of one.
but seriously though, does anything mm does have a point? other than being anti-American, anti-Bush, anti-government?
he will get his when the time comes

Johnney said:
cause hes trying to make a point. he dont know what it is yet, but im sure hes thinking of one.
but seriously though, does anything mm does have a point? other than being anti-American, anti-Bush, anti-government?
he will get his when the time comes
Well he rolled with Kerry on that idea of if you stand for nothing atleast your not standing against anything.

wolvie20m said:
Well he rolled with Kerry on that idea of if you stand for nothing atleast your not standing against anything.
well hell yo unever knew what kerry stood for, he changed his mind like some people change underware for christ sakes

MM does not hate his country. Watch his films. His targets are not "Americans" rather they are aspects of America which he finds distasteful. Also, there is a reason that he does not offer a solution. He does not view that as his role in society, agree or disagree, he feels his role is to raise the question and let others try to solve them. I am a liberal (by this boards measure), and a budding economist (are these two things mutually exclusive) and I spend most of day trying to solve big problems rather than find more. This is what I feel my role in society is. Moore does not share this view. As for the lies in his films, I would argue that he is fighting fire with fire. We have an administration that is supported by an enormous propaganda machine that spits out half truths or out right lies quite frequently, interesting that the right gets miffed when the left uses similar tactics. Personally I find both abhorrent but I am also not running for office or trying to profit from our runaway political machine.
Cheers.
Huck

Huckleburry said:
I am a liberal (by this boards measure), and a budding economist (are these two things mutually exclusive) and I spend most of day trying to solve big problems rather than find more. This is what I feel my role in society is.

You could begin by understanding that in a competitive environment, all firms are effectively market makers as they seek to utilize efficiencies of innovation and economies of scale to better please the customer and gain market share. Your unwillingess to see reality keeps you trapped in the totalitarian thought pattern the academics seek to instill in you, including the bizarre notion that economies can be effectively managed through price fixing.

Huckleburry said:
MM does not hate his country. Watch his films. His targets are not "Americans" rather they are aspects of America which he finds distasteful. Also, there is a reason that he does not offer a solution. He does not view that as his role in society, agree or disagree, he feels his role is to raise the question and let others try to solve them. I am a liberal (by this boards measure), and a budding economist (are these two things mutually exclusive) and I spend most of day trying to solve big problems rather than find more. This is what I feel my role in society is. Moore does not share this view. <b>As for the lies in his films, I would argue that he is fighting fire with fire.</B> We have an administration that is supported by an enormous propaganda machine that spits out half truths or out right lies quite frequently, interesting that the right gets miffed when the left uses similar tactics. Personally I find both abhorrent but I am also not running for office or trying to profit from our runaway political machine.
Cheers.
Huck
so your saying two wrongs are going to make a right?

MoltenLava said:
And where are you getting this information? I'm from Hollywood; <b>No one snubs Mr. Moore.</b>
<I>mr. moore?</i>...
so are you like his lap dog or something?

MoltenLava said:
And where are you getting this information? I'm from Hollywood; No one snubs Mr. Moore.

So you're a famous actor/director that hangs with all the elite or are you just assuming something because you wouldn't snub Moore?

They don't hang with the guy in public, they don't want to tarnish their image.

He got BOOED off stage when he ANNOUNCED F9/11 at the Oscars. EVERYONE snubs "Mr. Moore."

Now that I've said that, wouldn't it be funny if this guy *was* Michael the Hutt? It would be just like Derek Smart defending the "Battlecruiser" PC game series in forums, except he actually posted under his real name.

j07950 said:
I think there is truth to both...
In the first post Adam's Apple is ony saying Michael Moore doesn't hate america and that Michael Moore really shows whats wrong in america...What Michael Moore shows is true, it's not made up in anyway. Now if he does charge $30,000 per appearance at colleges and he rides around in his chauffered limo then there is a gap between what he tries to stand for and who he really is. But that was not what Adam's Apple was saying. Being against exploiters, imperialists, politicians and pundits does not in any way mean he's against america (it's people) but against the leaders...

Hey dimwit ,
America is spelled with an upper case A . . . always! You give that fat slob the respect of capitalizing his name but you don't give America the same . . . FUCK YOU!You are the poster boy for a Michael Moore Koolaid drinker , my fish has a larger more useful brain than you.

Forum List

Back