MLB's Bryce Harper to young players: ‘No participation trophies, okay. First place only’

This whole argument and obsession against participation trophies is blown out of proportion. I coach kids soccer and there's no doubt these kids understand the difference between winning and losing even when they get a participation trophy. The goal at this early age is to get them interested in sports and to help teach them a game. The parents that complain about my lineups crack me up. I give all the kids equal playing time regardless of their skill level. They're kids for crying out loud. Let them be kids. They'll soon grow up and learn life isn't about participation trophies and only the best get to play. But while they are kids its the parents that need to chill out.

He will be called a racist and demands made for him to be fired.

Second best baseball player in baseball will most likely be told to play nice but he is correct.

Mike Trout is the best for those that are wondering and Bryant and Rizzo are number three an four on my list.

This whole argument and obsession against participation trophies is blown out of proportion. I coach kids soccer and there's no doubt these kids understand the difference between winning and losing even when they get a participation trophy. The goal at this early age is to get them interested in sports and to help teach them a game. The parents that complain about my lineups crack me up. I give all the kids equal playing time regardless of their skill level. They're kids for crying out loud. Let them be kids. They'll soon grow up and learn life isn't about participation trophies and only the best get to play. But while they are kids its the parents that need to chill out.

You are correct. By the time the kids I coach are 10 years old, they know the difference between competitive ball and rec ball.

The ones who want to compete get recruited by coaches who are after one thing. Winning. We are not in danger of becoming losers as a result of giving recreational players a trophy or a medal to commemorate a fun experience. And, the kids know who is good and who isn't. They let each other know. The friggen trophy doesn't give a kid who can't catch any false sense if accomplishment.

This is one of the dumbest of all fake outrage topics that the supposed "real Americans" like to trot out.

He will be called a racist and demands made for him to be fired.

Second best baseball player in baseball will most likely be told to play nice but he is correct.

Mike Trout is the best for those that are wondering and Bryant and Rizzo are number three an four on my list.

Hmmm. Trout is the best.

I'd put Goldschmidt ahead of Rizzo and Corea ahead of Bryant.

Forum List

Back