California moving company Meathead Movers is sued for promoting its young, buff staff

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is a classic example of a group of bureaucrats trying to justify their existence. First off, this kind of labor requires younger, stronger people. That's not to say that a 40 or 50 year old man can't do the job. If they can, no, they should not be discriminated against, but as you get older the chance of injury also rises, so it does raise the risk of liability.

Second, the fact they are pointing to their marketing campaign of showing only younger, stronger adults as being discriminatory is flat out absurd. If that's the standard then every clothing company, video game company, swim suit catalogue, gym advertisement, etc. should start paying up too. This agency is needlessly persecuting small businesses, the backbone of the American economy.

• Fresno based company Meathead Movers is being sued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over alleged age discrimination
  • The company has been accused of failing to recruit and hire workers over the aged 40
  • Images from their website and social media show movers for the company are all relatively young people who are physically fit

Reminds me of an interview I saw with Blake Mycoskie (founder of Tom's shoes) once. One of the businesses he started was a driver's ed company where they hired hottie aspiring actors and models to be the instructors because they needed work and because people would line up to spend time with pretty people. LOL.

They advertise that they are student athlete movers.

Nothing is preventing people over 40 from becoming student athletes. If they are in good enough shape they can play college sports.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back