MLB talent not what it used to be?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
I used to watch baseball a lot in the early to late 70s
now not too much
but it seems like there are a lot more stupid errors?
...the first time I saw any news this year on MLB I see a third basemen throwing the ball home and missing by a mile!....I don't watch it that much at all--but when I do it seems I see a very stupid error--such as pitcher throwing wild to 1st, or the one mentioned above---
they are not even close to throwing an infield throw on target
..now I see an pitcher walking the go ahead run in, in the 10th inning, with FOUR walks--one intentional
...has the talent gone down?
I didn’t command the ball,” Holland said. “It’s hard to walk four guys and consider that a success
I'd call it a complete--complete failure
Holland implodes in Cardinals debut, walks four in decisive 10th inning

Last edited:
You are confusing physical errors with mental errors.

Despite the dilution of talent that you would expect with so many teams, today's players are - skills - wise - better than ever. Every team has two m or three pitchers who can approach three digits. Fielder's have better range than ever. Hitters are incredibly talented. It is more and more difficult to stand out.

You are confusing physical errors with mental errors.

Despite the dilution of talent that you would expect with so many teams, today's players are - skills - wise - better than ever. Every team has two m or three pitchers who can approach three digits. Fielder's have better range than ever. Hitters are incredibly talented. It is more and more difficult to stand out.
fine--but a third baseman throwing very wide to home is what 4th graders do

Forum List

Back