MLB is like water torture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The World Series ends in late Oct.

And in Jan - there is aready talk about Spring Training. give it a rest

after springtraing -we ge 162 freaking games - each of whichmean absolutely zilch

When the games really matter in late Setp and Oct - I am into football

baseball is mostly a fall-back sport for players who arent good enought to makeit it football or basketbsall

Almost puked when I saw this no-name actress feeding AROD popcorn at he Super bowl

Last edited:
A football game early in college football in Sept could literally mean the season with the busllshit BCS.

One game out of 162 in baseball is SQUAT!!!!!!!!!

Usually try to catch the 1st two innings of Mariners games - them take a nap until the 7th inning stretch or so.

Sometimes I oversleep

This is why we all PM each other and laugh about how gay you are.

after springtraing -we ge 162 freaking games - each of whichmean absolutely zilch

baseball is mostly a fall-back sport for players who arent good enought to makeit it football or basketbsall

Almost puked when I saw this no-name actress feeding AROD popcorn at he Super bowl

watching baseball on tv is like watching paint dry,boring and excruciating,live at the ballpark though,its fun,used to be anyways when players stayed with one team thier whole career and did not jump from one team to another like they all do now.the days of a george brett or cal ripkin staying with one team his whole career are over with.

watching baseball on tv is like watching paint dry,boring and excruciating,live at the ballpark though,its fun,used to be anyways when players stayed with one team thier whole career and did not jump from one team to another like they all do now.the days of a george brett or cal ripkin staying with one team his whole career are over with.
They're not over with.

There's Jeter, Ichiro, Chipper, Posada, Rivera.

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head that have more than 10 years played.

That is why they call it "America's Pass time."

It passes time from Pro Bowl (all but the last two years when they foolishly played the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl) and Hall of Fame Game.

Immie

Any idiot can sit there and watch a football game and get excited about it even if they don't understand the game itself. Sure, it's cool watching a bunch of guys smash into each other for a couple hours.

Baseball requires specific knowledge of the game to understand and appreciate.

If you don't know the game, and don't like it because of that, then just don't watch it.

They're not over with.

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head that have more than 10 years played.

did you notice that 3 of those 5 you mentioned are with the yankees,the highest payroll in the league?:lol: yeah teams that have high payrolls like the yankees can do that,but low market teams like the royals and pirates for instance,cant develop players like george brett or dave parker and willie stargell and KEEP them anymore.

They're not over with.

did you notice that 3 of those 5 you mentioned are with the yankees,the highest payroll in the league?:lol: yeah teams that have high payrolls like the yankees can do that,but low market teams like the royals and pirates for instance,cant develop players like george brett or dave parker and willie stargell and KEEP them anymore.
This is bullshit.

Any team can keep a player if they want to spend their revenue on their roster bad enough.

It's not that the Pirates CAN'T, it's that they don't WANT to.

The Phillies of the last 5 years are a great example. They started to spend their revenue on their roster and they bought a winning team, and now we all show up and watch the games and buy the merch and the concessions. That brings in even more revenue to continue spending on the roster.

The Yankees aren't the only team that can do it, and they aren't satan because they can. They're fucking SMART.

Last edited:
Agree. Watching baseball is like having my eyelids melted off with acid. I NEVER watch games anymore, haven't since I was 12. But the worst is that baseball is on ESPN year round, they push it so hard, like a mom trying to force feed us brussel sprouts.

And yes, baseball players 99% of the time are guys who couldn't make it in football or basketball in high school, sought refuge in baseball, and made it big. Not saying baseball is an easy sport to play. It takes a ton of practice and if you don't commit to it early, probably won't make it. THAT is why the lesser athletic guys, who couldn't make football/basketball, make it in baseball, because they did baseball year round their whole lives.

Anyway, it's almost like being in a depression or severe hangover, going from college football's NC game with Auburn/Oregon and the Super Bowl...........................to hearing about highlights from the Grapefruit League on SportsCenter. Talk about a buzz kill.

Any idiot can sit there and watch a football game and get excited about it even if they don't understand the game itself. Sure, it's cool watching a bunch of guys smash into each other for a couple hours.

If you don't know the game, and don't like it because of that, then just don't watch it.

Kinda like watching politics on Fox/CNN. If you don't know whats going on, it's the most boring thing known to man.

Which is why baseball sucks ass, and the best athletes play football and basketball.

Baseball truly is the sport for guys who don't make football or basketball. Why do you think baseball is last in the academic year tryout cycle?

Tryout for football in August. Don't make it..............tryout for basketball in November. Don't make it...........tryout for baseball in February. Keep trying. Eventually, everyone makes a team. Baseball is the last resort.

Kinda like watching politics on Fox/CNN. If you don't know whats going on, it's the most boring thing known to man.

Which is why baseball sucks ass, and the best athletes play football and basketball.

Baseball truly is the sport for guys who don't make football or basketball. Why do you think baseball is last in the academic year tryout cycle?

Tryout for football in August. Don't make it..............tryout for basketball in November. Don't make it...........tryout for baseball in February. Keep trying. Eventually, everyone makes a team. Baseball is the last resort.

Or it could be that the school year begins on Fall's doorstep--you know; when Football is played!

Baseball is, by far, the hardest sport of the 3 major US Sports. Theres no question about it to any person knowledgeable about the subject. The skill positions at Football are a distant 2nd.

Oh I think Todd Helton is a 1 teamer too.

Plenty more where that came from. Hell, Babe Ruth played for more than one team as did almost anybody you want to name, Roger Maris, Willie Mays, Yogi Berra, Hank Aaron, Steve Carlton, etc... The adage that players used to play for one team only is an illusion. It was the exception more than the rule in the 70's and 80's but it was never really that exclusive.

Baseball is a matter of strategy. Every pitch has so much that goes into the decision and execution thereof. Obviously, for those who do not enjoy or understand the strategy behind the positioning of fielders, the pitch selection, offensive strategy, etc... it can be tedious and bothersome. However, for those of us who do understand and enjoy the minutia of the game it is a wonderful thing to behold.

Or it could be that the school year begins on Fall's doorstep--you know; when Football is played!

Baseball is, by far, the hardest sport of the 3 major US Sports. Theres no question about it to any person knowledgeable about the subject. The skill positions at Football are a distant 2nd.

A round ball coming at you at 95 mph, with movement, that you have to hit with a rounded bat that is pretty much the same diameter. There's nothing harder to accomplish in all of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back