MLB is like water torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we all PM each other and laugh about how gay you are.

Somebody named Paulie calls somebody else gay -whatever............

I don't even go on Twitter because it is so-gay-sounding..........

Tweeting is gay.............

Kinda like watching politics on Fox/CNN. If you don't know whats going on, it's the most boring thing known to man.

Which is why baseball sucks ass, and the best athletes play football and basketball.

Baseball truly is the sport for guys who don't make football or basketball. Why do you think baseball is last in the academic year tryout cycle?

Tryout for football in August. Don't make it..............tryout for basketball in November. Don't make it...........tryout for baseball in February. Keep trying. Eventually, everyone makes a team. Baseball is the last resort.

Or it could be that the school year begins on Fall's doorstep--you know; when Football is played!

Baseball is, by far, the hardest sport of the 3 major US Sports. Theres no question about it to any person knowledgeable about the subject. The skill positions at Football are a distant 2nd.

A round ball coming at you at 95 mph, with movement, that you have to hit with a rounded bat that is pretty much the same diameter. There's nothing harder to accomplish in all of sports.

Probably not the best example but the most well known:

Michael Jordan, King Kong with a Basketball, Ding Dong with a Baseball.

They're not over with.

There's Jeter, Ichiro, Chipper, Posada, Rivera.

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head that have more than 10 years played.

did you notice that 3 of those 5 you mentioned are with the yankees,the highest payroll in the league?:lol: yeah teams that have high payrolls like the yankees can do that,but low market teams like the royals and pirates for instance,cant develop players like george brett or dave parker and willie stargell and KEEP them anymore.
This is bullshit.

Any team can keep a player if they want to spend their revenue on their roster bad enough.

It's not that the Pirates CAN'T, it's that they don't WANT to.

The Phillies of the last 5 years are a great example. They started to spend their revenue on their roster and they bought a winning team, and now we all show up and watch the games and buy the merch and the concessions. That brings in even more revenue to continue spending on the roster.

The Yankees aren't the only team that can do it, and they aren't satan because they can. They're fucking SMART.

man you are so wrong its not even funny.If you ever did any research you would know that the Pirates payroll equals the ENTIRE payroll of A-Rod.:lol: you give the pirates a payroll near the one they have its a much different story.as a phillie fan,its understandable why you make a comment about the pirates but mention nothing about the royals whome i just mentioned as well

If this were the 70's still,no way would players be jumping from one team to another like they do now.you know it,I know it..again you dodged the FACT that three of those 5 you mentioned are yankee players.:lol:no way in hell would other teams like the pirates or royals or twins for instance, be able to develop and KEEP a player like jeter his entire career.If Rod Carew were playing these days in the majors you think for a SECOND he would have stayed the majority of his career with the Twins? No fucking way.your kidding yourself if you do think that. and Jones is playing for ANOTHER high market team. :lol:

If the NFL played under the same rules that major league baseball is played under,no way in hell would small market teams like the rams or the packers for instance be able to compete with large market teams.they wouldnt have a prayer.

also by bringing up the phillies,your just helping defeat your argument since they are in the top 5 payrolls.:lol:

Last edited:
They're not over with.

There's Jeter, Ichiro, Chipper, Posada, Rivera.

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head that have more than 10 years played.

did you notice that 3 of those 5 you mentioned are with the yankees,the highest payroll in the league?:lol: yeah teams that have high payrolls like the yankees can do that,but low market teams like the royals and pirates for instance,cant develop players like george brett or dave parker and willie stargell and KEEP them anymore.
This is bullshit.

Any team can keep a player if they want to spend their revenue on their roster bad enough.

The Phillies of the last 5 years are a great example. They started to spend their revenue on their roster and they bought a winning team, and now we all show up and watch the games and buy the merch and the concessions. That brings in even more revenue to continue spending on the roster.

The Yankees aren't the only team that can do it, and they aren't satan because they can. They're fucking SMART.

Right you are!
If you look at their successful years, you see people who stepped up to make a difference were often rejects from other teams.

Scott Brosius came to them after being let go by the A's. He was 31 years old.

Here is what he did in the World Series:

Code:
Year   Age  Tm Lg Series Opp Rslt  G AB R  H HR RBI SO   BA  OBP  SLG
1998    31 NYY AL     WS SDP    W  4 17 3  8  2   6  4 .471 .471 .824
1999    32 NYY AL     WS ATL    W  4 16 2  6  0   1  5 .375 .375 .438
2000    33 NYY AL     WS NYM    W  5 13 2  4  1   3  2 .308 .389 .538
4 WS                                          20 70 8 22  4  13 19 .314 .333 .529

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 2/17/2011.

Every other team had a chance to sign him; none did except the Yankees. He slugged .824! in the World Series!

John Wettland
This guy was traded to the Yanks by the Expos in an even swap plus cash. The guy was traded for one player plus cash. Almost any other team could have gotten him.

Here is what he did:
Code:
Year   Age  Tm Opp W L W-L%    ERA G GF SV  IP SO BF
1996    29 NYY ATL           0      0 2.08 5  5  4 4.1  6 19
1 WS                               0      0 2.08 5  5  4 4.1  6 19

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 2/17/2011.

4 Saves; 4.1 innings pitched; Last time I checked, it took 4 games to win the world series; he saved all 4 of them.

His reward, the Yankees actually let him walk 2 weeks later. Would ANY other team in the world have the big brass ones to do that? No. The Yankess were simply smart enough to know that they had the Sandman in the wings.

The list goes on and on. Jim Leyritz slugged over .750 percent for them one year in the WS...and was shown the door right after Wettland.

Paul O'Neil wasn't a statistical monster until the 2000/2001 WS but he contributed a lot of grit and heart to the team.

As did Mike Stanton who won 2 WS games one year. They pulled him off the trash heap.

Leyritz was drafted by the Yankess (as was Jeter, Rivera, and Posada--I guess that would be called luck). Paul O'Neil was traded to the Yankees with another player for Roberto Kelley so the Yankees were actually smart enough to get O'Neil. Any one of these players--all journeymen would have been available to any other team. But the Yankees got them. All helped. And I think it could be argued that what is missing from some recent Yankees teams is that sort of grit and desire to win that all of these players had.

This is bullshit.

man you are so wrong its not even funny.If you ever did any research you would know that the Pirates payroll equals the ENTIRE payroll of A-Rod.:lol: you give the pirates a payroll near the one they have its a much different story.as a phillie fan,its understandable why you make a comment about the pirates but mention nothing about the royals whome i just mentioned as well

If this were the 70's still,no way would players be jumping from one team to another like they do now.you know it,I know it..again you dodged the FACT that three of those 5 you mentioned are yankee players.:lol:no way in hell would other teams like the pirates or royals or twins for instance, be able to develop and KEEP a player like jeter his entire career.If Rod Carew were playing these days in the majors you think for a SECOND he would have stayed the majority of his career with the Twins? No fucking way.your kidding yourself if you do think that. and Jones is playing for ANOTHER high market team. :lol:

If the NFL played under the same rules that major league baseball is played under,no way in hell would small market teams like the rams or the packers for instance be able to compete with large market teams.they wouldnt have a prayer.

also by bringing up the phillies,your just helping defeat your argument since they are in the top 5 payrolls.:lol:

I think you completely missed the entire point I was making.

baseball should be done away with in its entirety.. boring as fuck

This is bullshit.

I think you completely missed the entire point I was making.

Didn't Dave Parker play like 1/2 of his career outside of Pittsburgh?
The Twins were in the LCS last year AFTER losing Johan Santana to the Large Market club....the same large market club that hasn't made the playoffs for something like a decade now.

Facts are meaningless to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back