MLB 2012 Season

Dempster walks away empty-handed again

The frustrating “Groundhog Day”-like routine continued for Chicago Cubs starter Ryan Dempster on Tuesday. Dempster has allowed a total of four earned runs in his five 2012 outings but has yet to come away with a victory.

The veteran pitcher gave up just one run in seven innings of work in Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves before turning over a tie game to teammate Kerry Wood in the eighth inning. Wood walked two and gave up the go-ahead runs on Dan Uggla's two-run single. After the inning the Cubs reliever threw his glove in disgust.

I feel for this guy - he is pitching great, and leading the league (the majors?) in ERA.

Beckett-gate...it sucks, but hey, it was his damn day off!

The Red Sox are bogged down with over-priced starting pitchers that don't produce and former promising young stars that have forgotten how to pitch.

They took one of the more dominant middle to late relievers and threw him in the rotation to apparently minimize his effectiveness, since that's all the team has gained from it.

Oh and the farm-system that only 6 years ago was the considered the deepest in MLB has been slowly whittled away. Only two out of their top-ten prospects are pitchers...and are only projected to be #2 or #3 guys in a rotation, if they work out. No Madison Bumgarners or Clayton Kershaws in that list

They. Are. Fucked.

Try not to be so negative, man. I mean, we get Lackey back next season.

Beckett-gate...it sucks, but hey, it was his damn day off!

The Red Sox are bogged down with over-priced starting pitchers that don't produce and former promising young stars that have forgotten how to pitch.

They took one of the more dominant middle to late relievers and threw him in the rotation to apparently minimize his effectiveness, since that's all the team has gained from it.

Oh and the farm-system that only 6 years ago was the considered the deepest in MLB has been slowly whittled away. Only two out of their top-ten prospects are pitchers...and are only projected to be #2 or #3 guys in a rotation, if they work out. No Madison Bumgarners or Clayton Kershaws in that list

They. Are. Fucked.

Try not to be so negative, man. I mean, we get Lackey back next season.

:eusa_drool:

You're right. Plus Daisuke should be walking 5 per 9 innings for them any time now.

Hey Artie isn't Josh Beckett great when his head is in the freakin game?

This guy, as happy as I am with his performance over his last 3 starts, drives me insane.

This guy, as happy as I am with his performance over his last 3 starts, drives me insane.

I'm currently sweating over game 7 at the Garden so I only watched the first couple of innings of the Sox but yeah, he looks good tonight. He's good when he's motivated....and has his curveball working for him. If he's throwing it for strikes he has a good outing.

He's still an ass.

I'm currently sweating over game 7 at the Garden so I only watched the first couple of innings of the Sox but yeah, he looks good tonight. He's good when he's motivated....and has his curveball working for him. If he's throwing it for strikes he has a good outing.

He's still an ass.

I have to stop typing while games are in progress, no sooner than I posted that, he coughed up the lead. 2-1 Rays in the 7th.

He's still an ass.

I have to stop typing while games are in progress, no sooner than I posted that, he coughed up the lead. 2-1 Rays in the 7th.

:lol:

I just flipped over to the Sox and was about to scold you for what I saw.

Johann Santana just threw a 134 pitch no-hitter against the Cardinals. I wrote that guy off a couple of years ago.

First no-no in NY Mets history.

Johann Santana just threw a 134 pitch no-hitter against the Cardinals. I wrote that guy off a couple of years ago.

First no-no in NY Mets history.

Nearly the entire fantasy community wrote him off as well. I'm happy I took a late round flyer on him.

Next year I'm just gonna make a Red Sox thread, since that's mostly all I talk about anyway.

They fucking suck.

Though, dare I hope like the Red Sox fan that I am, that they may still grab a wild card spot when it's all over?

Lester is on the upswing after working on mechanical issues, Buchholz has returned to his 2010 form, and the bats have been consistent, with Gonzo and Crawford both riding hot streaks.

Pedro Ciriaco may have established himself as a regular on the club as well...he's a Yankee killer, so the more of those the merrier. They're a 7 or 8 game win streak away from being right in the middle of it, and they have the talent to get on one.

We'll see.

Forum List

Back