MLB 2012 Season

bobcollum

Rookie
Sep 1, 2011
where I'm located
I figured we could use a thread for America's pastime, even if some think it has past it's time.

I freakin love baseball. I even play it when possible, but age is creeping up on that one so not as much as I used to.

Who's your team?

How many Red Sox fans(or anyone) think Bard will be back in the bullpen by the end of the month?

I think he should be there now like he was last night.

Damn, why the lack of interest in baseball?

Do you all hate America or something? :D

One very interesting note, Albert Pujols has been virtually non-existent out in Disney Land. Still waiting for his first homerun in the AL. Quite shocking to say the least.

Oh and the Red Sox are driving me insane...they're either putting up 15 runs or they can't get one, though at least the pitching seems to be headed in the right direction.

I really can't stand Bobby Valentine, I almost hope they lose more to hurry his inevitable departure.

53 years here in Baltimore... watching a losing team 13 years straight. It's nice to see the Oriole's with a winning record for a change.

53 years here in Baltimore... watching a losing team 13 years straight. It's nice to see the Oriole's with a winning record for a change.

Baltimore's biggest problem has been starting pitching..the last decent rotation they had featured Scott Erickson and Mike Mussina. I think that was around 15 years ago.

Pujols hit a dinger...it seemed inevitable.

In other news, Boston rookie Will Middlebrooks will be facing a steady diet of breaking balls in the near future. The top power prospect has 3 hr and 9 RBIs in the last two games.

In other news, Boston rookie Will Middlebrooks will be facing a steady diet of breaking balls in the near future. The top power prospect has 3 hr and 9 RBIs in the last two games.

Kevin who?

It will take some serious balls for Red Sox brass to send Middlebrooks back down when he returns.

MLB? I am rooting Dodgers blue as always, followed by Astros red. As long as Zander does not root Dodgers (his support to anything is the kiss of death :lol:), they may make the playoffs and get the WS. Sweet.

CincinnatiReds.jpg

Kevin who?

It will take some serious balls for Red Sox brass to send Middlebrooks back down when he returns.

Unless the kid's hamstring keeps acting up on him, hopefully it's not a sign of things to come. A major league-level off-season conditioning program will be a big help despite the fact that I'm already pretty darn impressed with his power.

But then what the hell do you do with Youk? It's gonna be tough to justify a 12 million dollar backup.

Kevin who?

Unless the kid's hamstring keeps acting up on him, hopefully it's not a sign of things to come. A major league-level off-season conditioning program will be a big help despite the fact that I'm already pretty darn impressed with his power.

But then what the hell do you do with Youk? It's gonna be tough to justify a 12 million dollar backup.

Yeah, the hammy is concerning but I have zero clue what the kid's injury history is like so I have no clue if this will be an ongoing thing at all. But what we do know is that you can bet the house on Youk missing more than a handful of games every season and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon. In fact, it's only gotten progressively worse as he's aged.

Youk is in his last guaranteed year. If Middlebrooks continues to hit (obviously not at this torrid pace but steady good), I think you eat some of that money that's owed to him this season and trade him for someone who can help your bullpen, hopefully for the next 2-3 years. It's time to get some new young blood in the lineup. I really don't see this team going anywhere this season so we might as well get the kids in there. I'd bring up Iglesias too. Why the hell not?

Boston, Noo Yak? You kidding me. Let's talk about real baseball. Texas. San Franciso. Los Angeles.

Boston, Noo Yak? You kidding me. Let's talk about real baseball. Texas. San Franciso. Los Angeles.

Ok....

Is Brandon Belt going to wind up a AAAA player?

Has Lincecum lost it?

Is Josh Hamilton the greatest talent of this generation of players? If he had a "normal" career could he have legit been one of the five best players of all time?

How can James Loney suck so bad when he has such a sexy swing?

What do the Red Sox have to give LA for Clayton Kershaw? There really isn't a price I wouldn't pay for that guy.

Forum List

Back