Mittens Interview With Mike Wallace

Aug 7, 2012
Note: Title should read Mitten's Interview with Chris Wallace, not Mike Wallace

When Chris Wallace asked Mittens in his recent interview "At Home(s) with the Romney's" one of the things he asked Mitt was what will he tell the unemployed, those who are struggling and he answered (paraphrasing):

I will tell them that America is great, that I believe in America, American exceptionalism and that America will lead the world in prosperity! Not one detail or even answer to the question.

Here is the transcript from this portion of Mitt Romney’s conversation with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday 8/26/2012:

WALLACE: You have taken a lot of heat about tax returns. And I want to ask you one specific question about that.

You’ve been running for president for almost eight years. And the question is, why didn’t you, years ago, somewhere over the last eight years, go to the people running your blind trust and say to them, let’s get out of the Swiss bank accounts, let’s get out of the investments in the Cayman Islands, even if it means we have to maybe pay more taxes, so we can clear the decks politically?

ROMNEY: Well, first of all, there was no reduction, not one dollar of reduction in taxes, by virtue of having an account in Switzerland or a Cayman Islands investment. Those — the dollars of taxes remained exactly the same. There was no tax savings at all.

And the conduct of the — of the — of the trustee in making investments was entirely consist with U.S. law and all the taxes paid were those legally owed and there was no tax savings by virtue of those entities.

Romney claims that he didn’t receive some sort of preferential tax treatment by his investments being based in the Caymans. That’s a lie. As we have shared HERE- Victor Fleischer is a Professor of Law at the University of Colorado and he says, “Bottom line: Mitt Romney has not paid all the taxes required under law.” He goes on to explain how and why but why do deals in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland who are notorious for their secrecy; they are used by crime syndicates, international terrorist organizations and money launderers for that reason. But Romney swears on his heart that his taxes would have been the same regardless despite all of the evidence that says otherwise.

Yeah, Mittens, and I was born yesterday too!
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Mike Wallace has been dead quite some time.

It's disturbing that a Professor of law would comment on legality or illegality of anything based on suppositions. Maybe that's why he's a professor instead of a practicing lawyer.

Romney is a poopy head. Romney is a poopy head. Romney is a poopy head.

OK WE GET IT.

You are boring as hell and all you are doing is galvanizing the base asshole.

Mike Wallace has been dead quite some time.

It's disturbing that a Professor of law would comment on legality or illegality of anything based on suppositions. Maybe that's why he's a professor instead of a practicing lawyer.

It's always been "those that can't, teach".

If Obama had his money stashed in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland, 3 tax haven countries, what would you be saying about him or speculating about him?

If Obama had his money stashed in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland, 3 tax haven countries, what would you be saying about him or speculating about him?

great question, In would like to see a GOPer answer this question.

Gawker who broke the story on these supposed tax havens turns out to be based out of the Cayman Islands.

Is this legal? Apparently this is. Now why oh why didnt the democrats when they had total power stop this?

Remember Liberals you had it all.

Now why oh why didnt the democrats when they had total power stop this?

nice side step to go off topic.

I think its a reasonable question. If Obama had 6-32 million off shore and would no show his tax returns, what would you think? <------- simple question.

I think its a reasonable question. If Obama had 6-32 million off shore and would no show his tax returns, what would you think? <------- simple question.

I would ask - just like I have with Romney - that if anyone has evidence that he broke any laws, let's see it. Otherwise, it's a non issue. I have overseas bank accounts. I still pay every dime required. Meaningless drivel designed to enrage the stupid is still meaningless drivel.... regardless of which side does it.

When Chris Wallace asked Mittens in his recent interview "At Home(s) with the Romney's" one of the things he asked Mitt was what will he tell the unemployed, those who are struggling and he answered (paraphrasing):

I will tell them that America is great, that I believe in America, American exceptionalism and that America will lead the world in prosperity! Not one detail or even answer to the question.

Here is the transcript from this portion of Mitt Romney’s conversation with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday 8/26/2012:

WALLACE: You have taken a lot of heat about tax returns. And I want to ask you one specific question about that.

You’ve been running for president for almost eight years. And the question is, why didn’t you, years ago, somewhere over the last eight years, go to the people running your blind trust and say to them, let’s get out of the Swiss bank accounts, let’s get out of the investments in the Cayman Islands, even if it means we have to maybe pay more taxes, so we can clear the decks politically?

ROMNEY: Well, first of all, there was no reduction, not one dollar of reduction in taxes, by virtue of having an account in Switzerland or a Cayman Islands investment. Those — the dollars of taxes remained exactly the same. There was no tax savings at all.

And the conduct of the — of the — of the trustee in making investments was entirely consist with U.S. law and all the taxes paid were those legally owed and there was no tax savings by virtue of those entities.

Romney claims that he didn’t receive some sort of preferential tax treatment by his investments being based in the Caymans. That’s a lie. As we have shared HERE- Victor Fleischer is a Professor of Law at the University of Colorado and he says, “Bottom line: Mitt Romney has not paid all the taxes required under law.” He goes on to explain how and why but why do deals in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland who are notorious for their secrecy; they are used by crime syndicates, international terrorist organizations and money launderers for that reason. But Romney swears on his heart that his taxes would have been the same regardless despite all of the evidence that says otherwise.

rolleyes.gif

Mitten's Interview With Chris Wallace

Actually, unless Romney was interviewing Wallace, you have that wrong too. It should read Chris Wallace's Interveiw with Romney (or Mittens if it makes you feel clever).

great question, In would like to see a GOPer answer this question.

Absolutely nothing. So what! He's still far superior in terms of what he will be able to accomplish than Obama could have ever hoped to be . Obama had 4 years and all we have id debt that our children and grandchildren will have to pay.

Much ado about nothing.

OK WE GET IT.

The base was already galvanized by its hate...

There's no more to get there.

What I haven't heard from you guys yet is a single reason why someone who voted for Obama in 2008 should vote for your guy this time, other than the economy sucks, but it doesn't suck quite as bad as it did in 2008.

I would ask - just like I have with Romney - that if anyone has evidence that he broke any laws, let's see it. Otherwise, it's a non issue. I have overseas bank accounts. I still pay every dime required. Meaningless drivel designed to enrage the stupid is still meaningless drivel.... regardless of which side does it.

So your ethical standard is to ask whether some behavior is legal? That's pretty shallow and myopic. I know for a fact that you hold a much different standard for Obama.

OK WE GET IT.

Please name all the "WE" who you claim get it? Only cowards try to speak for others, without permission. Try just speaking for yourself.

This is a primary problem with today's partisan politics in general. When the "other guys" do it, it's a sin of earth-shattering proportions. When "our guys" do it, it's just not that big a deal. Denial, spin, hyperbole, distortion, that's all we're getting.

Meanwhile, the ship continues to sink.

I will tell them that America is great, that I believe in America, American exceptionalism and that America will lead the world in prosperity! Not one detail or even answer to the question....

Yeah, God forbid you actually tell us what he said as opposed to 'your' version of what he said.

Here's the actual video...
Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace - Fox News

Interesting that the question you claim was asked was never actually asked.

Not, at least, until the 2nd interview segment when he sit down one on one with Romney and asks...

Wallace: If voters take away one thing, from your big acceptance speech on Thursday night, what do you want that to be?

Romney: That I believe in America, and in the American people. That I believe this nation is unique and exceptional, and that we have everything we need to continue to lead the world in prosperity and in peace.

Looks like your paraphrasing skills suck as much as you do.

You might want to educate yourself and the other libtards on Romney's reaction and opinion of Akin too. It's counter to your libtard handlers talking points.

My first question would be, How did Obama, who never worked at anything, get $6M? That wealthy people maintain bank accounts in different countries for different reasons is well known. There is nothing illegal about it. Again, grasping at straws to discredit Romney.

rolleyes.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O55aRrvXtio]Obama: Shovel-Ready Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected - YouTube[/ame]

Tens of millions of Americans are unemployed, and your dear leader thinks it's fucking funny.

but hey, "Mittens" has money, so he's the bad guy!!

Fucking party before country retard.

:lol:

pfft, if he had them, this would never have become an election issue.

This is a fake issue perpetrated by the dnc, many of whom have money overseas.

Only fools fall for such non-sense.

Forum List

Back