Mittens Interview With Mike Wallace

I would like Mitt Romney to explain why he has his money off-shore, especially if it isn't about taxes as he says. Why do it then? Wouldn't this be counterintuitive to his continual spew of investing in the US and helping/fixing the economy? He's a hypocrite and he no more knows how or wants to better the economy than he's been to the moon!

I would like Mitt Romney to explain why he has his money off-shore, especially if it isn't about taxes as he says. Why do it then? Wouldn't this be counterintuitive to his continual spew of investing in the US and helping/fixing the economy? He's a hypocrite and he no more knows how or wants to better the economy than he's been to the moon!

You know, I must have missed your post in this thread...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/242949-democrats-with-offshore-bank-accounts.html
...where you took the same faux rage at the Democrats listed for their offshore money. Perhaps you could point it out to me?

If Obama had his money stashed in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland, 3 tax haven countries, what would you be saying about him or speculating about him?

It wouldn't matter. You'd vote for him anyway so what's yer point?

Yes, he may well hide his money in off-shore accounts.

How does that relate to my post?

Considering that Obama has presented his income tax returns, going back to 2000, if he "may well hide his money", it would be illegal. Do you have any proof that he lied on his tax returns? Do you have an iota of evidence that Obama is using off-shore, tax haven bank accounts?

The question remains. Why is Romney using off-shore banks to stash his money?

That's rhetorical right? Even people like Willow, Warrior and Sniper know why people put money in offshore accounts.

what we know for a fact is if obammer done it you would vote for him.. and that's what we're gonna do vote for Romney. deal with it.

I can't speak for Romney but if I could here's what I'd say. To protect it from you commie bastards on the left who want to take it and piss it all away on cell phones, retreats, and other wasteful bullshit. Nobody should pay a nickel more in taxes than they are legally obligated to do. Let the 50% of the whining leeches who pay ZERO taxes pay some.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/242949-democrats-with-offshore-bank-accounts.html
...where you took the same faux rage at the Democrats listed for their offshore money. Perhaps you could point it out to me?

First, you are a very hateful person and your language is disgusting. Generally I ignore your posts. 2nd, I'm anti-Romney, not a liberal. If anything I am an independent voter and pretty moderate. And the point of Romney's off shore investsments is not that everybody's doing it but that he's running for president saying the economy is terrible and he'll fix it but at the same time keeping millions of dollars off shore which he could invest here to set an example for helping the economy. He is a hypocrite!

First, you are a very hateful person and your language is disgusting.
Go fuck yourself, you little libtard ballsack (how was that?)

Generally I ignore your posts.
Otherwise you'd have to actually respond, which is beyond your capabilities.

2nd, I'm anti-Romney, not a liberal. If anything I am an independent voter and pretty moderate.
Of COURSE you are. Your posting history here certainly shows THAT :rolleyes:

And the point of Romney's off shore investsments is not that everybody's doing it but that he's running for president saying the economy is terrible and he'll fix it but at the same time keeping millions of dollars off shore which he could invest here to set an example for helping the economy. He is a hypocrite!
No, the point is it pisses you off that eh does it, but you show no outrage when libtards do it. YOU are the hypocrite, dumb ass.

My response in BLUE above, fuckwad.

Off shore bank accounts are a hedge against the instability of the dollar. Dollars go offshore and exchanged for a more stable currency like Swiss Francs. When the dollar devalues, the Franc does not.

As an example, you have one dollar. The exchange rate is one dollar is worth $1.50 of another country's currency. You buy one unit of that other country's currency for one dollar. Inflation measured on the world market reduces the purchasing power of your dollar to 95 cents. The currency of the country you bought hasn't devalued. If you had that one dollar in US dollars, it would be worth 95 cents. But since you exchanged it for more stable money, you still have your dollar at the same value as when you bought it.

Last edited:
If Obama had his money stashed in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland, 3 tax haven countries, what would you be saying about him or speculating about him?

:lol:

pfft, if he had them, this would never have become an election issue.

This is a fake issue perpetrated by the dnc, many of whom have money overseas.

Only fools fall for such non-sense.

Then why did someone from the right wing begin mentioning the dems in the cayman's??? And why did the rest of the gang jump right in on it, if it truly did not matter and was not anything to jump on to, and only fools fall for such stuff? :confused:

I personally think it is an issue that should be discussed and should be something that both sides have an interest in....these loopholes need to be brought to everyone's attention and imho, could and should be reduced...both politicians from both sides of the aisle have mentioned eliminating some of them, yet nothing ever seems to be done....

and I agree, none of this is Romney's fault, he didn't make the legislation with the loopholes to avoid taxes in them....Congress did.

Last edited:

:lol:

pfft, if he had them, this would never have become an election issue.

This is a fake issue perpetrated by the dnc, many of whom have money overseas.

Only fools fall for such non-sense.

Then why did someone from the right wing begin mentioning the dems in the cayman's??? And why did the rest of the gang jump right in on it, if it truly did not matter and was not anything to jump on to, and only fools fall for such stuff? :confused:

I personally think it is an issue that should be discussed and should be something that both sides have an interest in....these loopholes need to be brought to everyone's attention and imho, could and should be reduced...both politicians from both sides of the aisle have mentioned eliminating some of them, yet nothing ever seems to be done....

and I agree, none of this is Romney's fault, he didn't make the legislation with the loopholes to avoid taxes in them....Congress did.

It wasn't 'someone from the right'. It was ME from the right...lol.

I am sure you've seen my many posts telling that I don't care who has offshore accounts as it is perfectly legal and they all do it anyway.

I am also sure you know the reason I mentioned the Dems who have been proven to have offshore accounts, and that was to ask those complaining about Romney and offshore accounts if they were just as outraged at the Dems mentioned. Very few so far have indicated any problem with the Dems who have offshore accounts. Kudos to the few who HAVE mentioned they are bothered by it, as at least they are consistent and not being hypocritical.

Sure I do. Why does Mitt stash his money in off-shore accounts with secret banking laws?

The US laws that allow citizens to have money in banks outside the country are not secret.

The banking laws of other countries that allow US citizens to make deposits are not secret. A simple GOOGLE search for banking laws of the country in question will give you what you need.

For example...
Cayman Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A report published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), in March 2005, assessing supervision and regulation in the Cayman Islands' banking, insurance and securities industries, as well as its money laundering regime, recognised the jurisdiction's comprehensive regulatory and compliance frameworks. "An extensive program of legislative, rule and guideline development has introduced an increasingly effective system of regulation, both formalizing earlier practices and introducing enhanced procedures", noted IMF assessors. The report further stated that "the supervisory system benefits from a well-developed banking infrastructure with an internationally experienced and qualified workforce as well as experienced lawyers, accountants and auditors", adding that, "the overall compliance culture within Cayman is very strong, including the compliance culture related to AML (anti-money laundering) obligations".[37][38]

Are you claiming that the Cayman Islands are reporting all of Mitt's transactions? If that's you're claim, you're full of shit. You still haven't answered why Mitt chooses to keep his money in off-shore accounts.

At least one reason (and there are many I'm sure) is so he can hypocritically invest in areas the the US forbids US citizens to invest in, thereby helping to increase business/economies for foreign countries and entities while spewing his mantra about how to make the economy better here in the US. Hey, Mittens! Start with YOURSELF. It also enables him to further enrich himself as if he needs more than 200 million to live on. I don't begrudge him being wealthy but I do begrudge many of the ways he's become that way and that he did a big chunk of it oversease NOT here. :mad:
thumbsdown.gif

Don't be naive. He will someday when he starts making the big money giving speeches writing books. And I say do what you want, you earned it.

The US laws that allow citizens to have money in banks outside the country are not secret.

The banking laws of other countries that allow US citizens to make deposits are not secret. A simple GOOGLE search for banking laws of the country in question will give you what you need.

For example...
Cayman Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you claiming that the Cayman Islands are reporting all of Mitt's transactions? If that's you're claim, you're full of shit. You still haven't answered why Mitt chooses to keep his money in off-shore accounts.

At least one reason (and there are many I'm sure) is so he can hypocritically invest in areas the the US forbids US citizens to invest in, thereby helping to increase business/economies for foreign countries and entities while spewing his mantra about how to make the economy better here in the US. Hey, Mittens! Start with YOURSELF. It also enables him to further enrich himself as if he needs more than 200 million to live on. I don't begrudge him being wealthy but I do begrudge many of the ways he's become that way and that he did a big chunk of it oversease NOT here. :mad:
thumbsdown.gif

you really are a pathetic, tiny little man, aren't you.

First, you are a very hateful person and your language is disgusting. Generally I ignore your posts. 2nd, I'm anti-Romney, not a liberal. If anything I am an independent voter and pretty moderate. And the point of Romney's off shore investsments is not that everybody's doing it but that he's running for president saying the economy is terrible and he'll fix it but at the same time keeping millions of dollars off shore which he could invest here to set an example for helping the economy. He is a hypocrite!

Why is it every poster here who claims to be a "moderate" or "independent" ends up sucking Obama's nutsack?

I saw the interview. I believe Romney was pre fed the questions, but he covered all the hits thrown by Obama and hit them out of the park.

thumbsdown.gif

That would be Mitt Romney. I'm a woman. And people who can't actually debate the topic and come up with garbage spew like you and some others do are the ones who are pathetic.

If you do some research, you will find that overseas investments that can't be done from the US are one big reason people invest offshore. And that takes away from growing the US economy.:mad: But Mitt has the audacity to criticize Obama for not doing the job with the economy!

thumbsdown.gif

That would be Mitt Romney. I'm a woman. And people who can't actually debate the topic and come up with garbage spew like you and some others do are the ones who are pathetic.

If you do some research, you will find that overseas investments that can't be done from the US are one big reason people invest offshore. And that takes away from growing the US economy.:mad: But Mitt has the audacity to criticize Obama for not doing the job with the economy!

God help the male species.

As for debate, ever time anyone here tries to debate you you simple ignore the facts they put forth and spew nonsense.

Idiots seriously.

"“That’s absolutely right,” Fleischer says. “Congress changed the law in 2008 or 2009 to make it more difficult to [shelter money in offshore funds], so if all you do is reinvest the money in regular cash, or you put it into a diversified portfolio of investments, you can no longer defer the income.”

Before the law changed, wealthy people could invest their money in offshore funds to avoid paying U.S. taxes on the returns until years later."

Finding The Real Deal On Romney’s Offshore Investments | TPMDC

Notice the term "years later". Anyone who has an IRA is doing the same thing. Deferring their tax burden not avoiding it.

Forum List

Back