Mitt Romney 'formally not invited' to CPAC after impeachment vote on witnesses

There is no room for traditional Republicans in the new Republican Party, which is clearly the party of Trump.

What is a "traditional republican" Comrade traitor? A RINO, a NEOCON? Bill Kristol?

Do you know why they call them Neocons? Because they are NOT traditional. Bush sniveled and kowtowed before you vermin, you want that kind of "opposition." You don't know what to do with Trump, when you bite him, he kicks you in the teeth.

He also had the WORST financial crisis since then as well. The worst since the Great Depression, so what are you comparing it to? The Great Depression? Or other more minor economic crisis?

The thing is, Trump didn't have a magic wand. He just stepped in at the right time. The growth rate did not increase under Trump in fact it actually decreased, but the economy had reached a healthy status so that didn't matter. So what magic wand? The magic wand of being there at a time when the economy reached a good point and as that happened, people were feeling the benefits.

I think the worst recession is way overplayed. I believe the Reagan recession was much worse. Back then, you couldn't even get a McDonald's job. In the last recession, there was work, but it just didn't pay real great. At the time, I was out of work and nobody was hiring, so I worked at a temp agency. The jobs they sent me to, people asked me to come back after the recession was over and they would hire me on the spot.

Saying the growth rate didn't increase under Trump is like saying the person that came to the Easter egg hunt towards the end of the game got less Easter eggs. Job creation is much easier to do when an economy is doing poorly; much more difficult to do when the unemployment rate was near normal. The problem here is Obama didn't create any policy favorable to job creators. If anybody was there at the right time, it was him. When Trump took over, he got rid of the Commie Care mandates. He got rid of a lot of job killing government regulations, and created a new policy that for every business regulation created, two would be removed in it's place. He greatly lowered business taxes putting us on more level ground with our competing countries. He restored business confidence.

I can understand because you were directly affected in a negative way, I just wish you wouldn't resort to name calling but c'este la vie. In my state, the opposite occurred. Many people who did not have access to health care, especially preventive health care now did and the difference was huge. For me personally nothing really changed. I have employer sponsored healthcare, the increased costs still increased last the same rate as pre-ACA. However, my husband got expanded medicaid, which covered most of his hospitalization and treatment bills this summer that my insurance wouldn't have covered. So I can't complain in how it effected us.

I certainly can. Commie Care was designed to cater to Democrat voters: floor sweepers, french fry makers, shelf stockers. The people that got screwed were us middle-class people because unlike the heavily subsidized low income plans, we got shit. They passed the cost onto us and therefore insurance was not affordable to most middle-class.

I think that was what they were already going to purchase pre tariff.

I don't know if that's the case, but even if it was, we have a better trade deal where we are less taken advantage of, and that will produce a much better economy down the road. Trump knew that China's economy solely depended on ours, so we had the aces in our hand.

He also had the WORST financial crisis since then as well. The worst since the Great Depression, so what are you comparing it to? The Great Depression? Or other more minor economic crisis?

The thing is, Trump didn't have a magic wand. He just stepped in at the right time. The growth rate did not increase under Trump in fact it actually decreased, but the economy had reached a healthy status so that didn't matter. So what magic wand? The magic wand of being there at a time when the economy reached a good point and as that happened, people were feeling the benefits.

I think the worst recession is way overplayed. I believe the Reagan recession was much worse. Back then, you couldn't even get a McDonald's job. In the last recession, there was work, but it just didn't pay real great. At the time, I was out of work and nobody was hiring, so I worked at a temp agency. The jobs they sent me to, people asked me to come back after the recession was over and they would hire me on the spot.

Saying the growth rate didn't increase under Trump is like saying the person that came to the Easter egg hunt towards the end of the game got less Easter eggs. Job creation is much easier to do when an economy is doing poorly; much more difficult to do when the unemployment rate was near normal. The problem here is Obama didn't create any policy favorable to job creators. If anybody was there at the right time, it was him. When Trump took over, he got rid of the Commie Care mandates. He got rid of a lot of job killing government regulations, and created a new policy that for every business regulation created, two would be removed in it's place. He greatly lowered business taxes putting us on more level ground with our competing countries. He restored business confidence.

I can understand because you were directly affected in a negative way, I just wish you wouldn't resort to name calling but c'este la vie. In my state, the opposite occurred. Many people who did not have access to health care, especially preventive health care now did and the difference was huge. For me personally nothing really changed. I have employer sponsored healthcare, the increased costs still increased last the same rate as pre-ACA. However, my husband got expanded medicaid, which covered most of his hospitalization and treatment bills this summer that my insurance wouldn't have covered. So I can't complain in how it effected us.

I certainly can. Commie Care was designed to cater to Democrat voters: floor sweepers, french fry makers, shelf stockers. The people that got screwed were us middle-class people because unlike the heavily subsidized low income plans, we got shit. They passed the cost onto us and therefore insurance was not affordable to most middle-class.

I think that was what they were already going to purchase pre tariff.

I don't know if that's the case, but even if it was, we have a better trade deal where we are less taken advantage of, and that will produce a much better economy down the road. Trump knew that China's economy solely depended on ours, so we had the aces in our hand.

The Reagan recession was an actual textbook recession. There are many causes but more than anything else it was an inevitable natural correction of extreme growth.

The Bush recession was really not about the economy.... It was the derivatives bomb
That was 20 years in the making that ambushed the world money supply.
It was not about weak growth at all
It was more about systemic theft.

Jo

RomneyFU.jpg

Mitts having a bad few daYs

America at least owes us crazy right wingers a cake for destroying the neocons and exposing thier uniparty rino sluts to a much wider audience

Feburary? great white father month? Eh

3ayqv80vibe41.jpg

dO1kVr7-1.png

Not sure if there was a thread on this yet or not, I didn't see one in Politics.

Judging by reactions online, there are a number of conservatives who are angry:

The chairman of CPAC announced that Utah Sen. Mitt Romney is "formally not invited" to the conservative group's annual conference this year.

Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, said Romney is not allowed at the event after the Utah Republican voted in favor of summoning witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump. Romney was one of two Republicans who joined 47 Democrats in supporting the motion, which failed to pass on Friday.

"BREAKING: The 'extreme conservative' and Junior Senator from the great state of Utah, @SenatorRomney is formally NOT invited to #CPAC2020," Schlapp wrote in a tweet, which featured a photo of a troubled-looking Romney.
2013%252F07%252F22%252Fb4%252Fsadpug.5a9b4.gif%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252880%2529.gif

If they don't bend over and kiss the ring, they are dead to us!
And if the Democrats had representatives that did the same, the party would be okay with them?
They would have behaved the same way as you guys are.

As I say all the time, the two ends of the spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

Dat Boy Romney is part of the LDS Mafia in Utah.

The LDS Church takes care of their soul brothers and Romney is LDS Royalty.

He will always get their endorsement and will always win any office in the state when he is on the ballot.

He is not worried about keeping his job. He can continue to vote his TDS mental health affliction and there will be minimum consequences.

Like McCain he can continue to be an asshole.

If they don't bend over and kiss the ring, they are dead to us!
And if the Democrats had representatives that did the same, the party would be okay with them?
They would have behaved the same way as you guys are.

As I say all the time, the two ends of the spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

If somebody is against the party they belong to, I say it's time to go be it left or right. Like McCain before him, Romney is using his political position to get back at Trump. I have no idea what he has against Trump other than jealousy, but that seems to be his goal.

No party can have members stabbing other members in the back out of hatred or revenge. If you want to play on this team, we need to play as one. A coach in MLB would not tolerate a player hiding another players favorite bat out of hatred even if it possibly meant losing the game.

Not sure if there was a thread on this yet or not, I didn't see one in Politics.

The chairman of CPAC announced that Utah Sen. Mitt Romney is "formally not invited" to the conservative group's annual conference this year.

Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, said Romney is not allowed at the event after the Utah Republican voted in favor of summoning witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump. Romney was one of two Republicans who joined 47 Democrats in supporting the motion, which failed to pass on Friday.

"BREAKING: The 'extreme conservative' and Junior Senator from the great state of Utah, @SenatorRomney is formally NOT invited to #CPAC2020," Schlapp wrote in a tweet, which featured a photo of a troubled-looking Romney.

It's been known for quite sometime that freedom of thought is not allowed in the "conservative" movement. The republicans have been known to throw people out just because they are pro-choice. Conservatives demand lockstep loyalty, no dissent.

It's been known for quite sometime that freedom of thought is not allowed in the "conservative" movement. The republicans have been known to throw people out just because they are pro-choice. Conservatives demand lockstep loyalty, no dissent.

Known to throw people out because they are pro-choice? Have any names for that claim?

Known to throw people out because they are pro-choice? Have any names for that claim?

Can't find the name. I won't waste any more time on it, but I remember reading about it. I'm just putting in the right search terms. However, republicans treat pro-choice people like shit and snub them, though, and this is evident. If one is pro-choice, they cannot vote for a republican. This no-choice party has made sure of it.

Apparently, Romney is not an obedient soldier so they are shunning him.

Do not get mad at me or rant at me for voting for Democratic candidates only from now on. The republicans are making their own bed. They turned hard-right and chose to bed the cults. I am not at fault for any of their terrible choices.

CPAC? Isn't that where they used to bitch about deficits? They still have these? What a waste of time.

Can't find the name. I won't waste any more time on it, but I remember reading about it. I'm just putting in the right search terms. However, republicans treat pro-choice people like shit and snub them, though, and this is evident. If one is pro-choice, they cannot vote for a republican. This no-choice party has made sure of it.

Apparently, Romney is not an obedient soldier so they are shunning him.

Do not get mad at me or rant at me for voting for Democratic candidates only from now on. The republicans are making their own bed. They turned hard-right and chose to bed the cults. I am not at fault for any of their terrible choices.

If I got mad at people, I would quit coming here. I would spend my time elsewhere.

I've been following politics for a pretty long time, and I don't know of anybody who was pro-choice that was kicked out of their seat or the party entirely. I don't even know how that could be done.

I've been a Republican most of my adult life, and the abortion issue is not one I embrace. In fact, all my friends are conservative, and they could care less about abortion as well. My sister and mother are very much against abortion, but they are so out of religious duty, and not because they vote Republican.

As for Romney, it has nothing to do with being an obedient solder, it has to do with him being a RINO and getting in the way of our positions all the time. HIs desire for calling witnesses was out of hate for Trump, not because he needed more information. I wouldn't doubt if he even votes with the Democrats on removal of Trump, even though there were no crimes or impeachable offenses against him. He (like Collins) are just a pain in our ass.

sy6glgfh5ql41.jpg

Forum List

Back