Mitt Romney 'formally not invited' to CPAC after impeachment vote on witnesses

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Not sure if there was a thread on this yet or not, I didn't see one in Politics.

Judging by reactions online, there are a number of conservatives who are angry:

The chairman of CPAC announced that Utah Sen. Mitt Romney is "formally not invited" to the conservative group's annual conference this year.

Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, said Romney is not allowed at the event after the Utah Republican voted in favor of summoning witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump. Romney was one of two Republicans who joined 47 Democrats in supporting the motion, which failed to pass on Friday.

"BREAKING: The 'extreme conservative' and Junior Senator from the great state of Utah, @SenatorRomney is formally NOT invited to #CPAC2020," Schlapp wrote in a tweet, which featured a photo of a troubled-looking Romney.

Romney the RINO just needs to come clean and switch to the Democrat party. ... :cool:

A few of them do. Collins also voted with Romney. Why can't our party have unity like the Democrat party? Every Democrat voted for witnesses. We can never do that with our party, because these phony Republicans sneak their way in.

Romney the RINO just needs to come clean and switch to the Democrat party. ... :cool:

A few of them do. Collins also voted with Romney. Why can't our party have unity like the Democrat party? Every Democrat voted for witnesses. We can never do that with our party, because these phony Republicans sneak their way in.
Lol..yeah the Democrats are unified...LOL..No Trump supporters march in lock step. One misstep and you’re out. That is unity.

Not sure if there was a thread on this yet or not, I didn't see one in Politics.

Judging by reactions online, there are a number of conservatives who are angry:

The chairman of CPAC announced that Utah Sen. Mitt Romney is "formally not invited" to the conservative group's annual conference this year.

Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, said Romney is not allowed at the event after the Utah Republican voted in favor of summoning witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump. Romney was one of two Republicans who joined 47 Democrats in supporting the motion, which failed to pass on Friday.

"BREAKING: The 'extreme conservative' and Junior Senator from the great state of Utah, @SenatorRomney is formally NOT invited to #CPAC2020," Schlapp wrote in a tweet, which featured a photo of a troubled-looking Romney.

Awesome. I wonder if that will wake his stupid ass up. And to think I actually voted for him. Well, asshole that he is, he still would have been better that Obama I guess.

Lol..yeah the Democrats are unified...LOL..No Trump supporters march in lock step. One misstep and you’re out. That is unity.

Really? So no Democrats voted out of party line, two Republicans did, and we are the party of unity? I fail to see the logic of that. Go back to the Clinton impeachment and see how that vote went. The exact same way. So don't tell me that the Republicans march in lockstep more than the Democrats.

Awesome. I wonder if that will wake his stupid ass up. And to think I actually voted for him. Well, asshole that he is, he still would have been better that Obama I guess.

I did NOT vote for him -- I just gave up again that year for the second time in a row. They've finally started having presidential elections it's worth voting in again.

Mitt Romney is a worthless, no-good turncoat. I'm ashamed of him.

Really? So no Democrats voted out of party line, two Republicans did, and we are the party of unity? I fail to see the logic of that. Go back to the Clinton impeachment and see how that vote went. The exact same way. So don't tell me that the Republicans march in lockstep more than the Democrats.
Absolutely Republicans are more unified. Two Republicans broke ranks on a vote they knew they knew the Republicans would win. . One was Susan Collins who is in a tough re-election bid. She was given a pass by McConnell. Nah, Democrats are always fighting amongst themselves. As I said Trump supporters march as one. Anyone one out of step is expelled or shunned.

Mitt is in trouble
Not really...which is why he voted in favor of impeachment...…

Now who is in trouble are:

Thom Tillis -- trailing opponent by 10 pts
Cory Gardner -- trailing opponent by 13 pts
Martha McSally -- trailing opponent by 5 pts

Hopefully they are able to do more to suck up to Trump so they can energize their base enough...Perhaps get some foreign country to announce some investigations may help

Absolutely Republicans are more unified. Two Republicans broke ranks on a vote they knew they knew the Republicans would win. . One was Susan Collins who is in a tough re-election bid. She was given a pass by McConnell. Nah, Democrats are always fighting amongst themselves. As I said Trump supporters march as one. Anyone one out of step is expelled or shunned.

Oh, you mean like the late James Trafficant?

Absolutely. Two Republicans broke ranks on a vote they knew they were going to lose. One was Susan Collins who is in a tough re-election bid. Nah, Democrats are always fighting amongst themselves. As I said Trump supporters march as one. Anyone one out of step is expelled or shunned.
and that is why Trump will win re-election -- in a polarized era such as this --- the advantage goes to the side who is the most willing to be sycophants behind one candidate to the exclusion of everything else...and I mean everything...morals...truth, facts, etc.....

Did the chick from Maine also get her invitation revoked??

I don't know.

But with Mitt Romney its a lot worse. He accepted the support of Conservatives when he ran for President in 2012, yet stabbed them in the back this week.

Sen. Collins has always been a consistent Republican Liberal.

Forum List

Back