Missouri Lawmaker Says Consensual Rape in Debate About New Abortion Laws

Yep... plus he is a former law enforcement officer.

"A Missouri state lawmaker was met with hisses when he used the phrase "consensual rape" during a highly charged House debate on a bill that would ban abortions at eight weeks, including in cases of rape and incest.

Republican Rep. Barry Hovis, of Cape Girardeau, said in the chamber Friday that most of the sexual assaults he handled before retiring from law enforcement weren't strangers "jumping out of the bushes" but instead "date rapes or consensual rapes.""

Missouri lawmaker tries to walk back 'consensual rape' remark

These are the idiots making laws for people...

Can someone please define consensual rape?

These are the people in the GOP voting in Red states to control women's bodies.

This is what happens when a bunch of men get together to create a law that involves a woman's body.

"A Missouri state lawmaker was met with hisses when he used the phrase "consensual rape" during a highly charged House debate on a bill that would ban abortions at eight weeks, including in cases of rape and incest.

Republican Rep. Barry Hovis, of Cape Girardeau, said in the chamber Friday that most of the sexual assaults he handled before retiring from law enforcement weren't strangers "jumping out of the bushes" but instead "date rapes or consensual rapes.""

It takes a Republican to offer a class on 'consensual rape'

I bet he voted for the fornicator N chief ................

Quote: Can someone please define consensual rape?

Never heard of such a thing. However, the mother should be directed to consider the life of James Smithson. He was born out of wedlock but became a scientist, but never felt he belonged to British society because they turned away from him due to the details of his birth. He responded by leaving his fortune by proxy to the young Country, America, for a museum of science in his name.

Even so, he knew he had a legacy due to his life of study and dedication to the sciences.

Here is James' Smithson's legacy:

The Smithsonian museums are the most widely visible part of the United States' Smithsonian Institution and consist of 20 museums and galleries as well as the National Zoological Park.[1] 17 of these collections are located in Washington D.C., with eleven of those located on the National Mall. The remaining ones are in New York City and Chantilly, Virginia. As of 2010, one museum, the Arts and Industries Building, is closed in preparation for a substantial renovation,[1] and its newest museum building, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, opened in 2016.[2]

The birth of the Smithsonian Institution can be traced to the acceptance of James Smithson's legacy, willed to the United States in 1826. Smithson died in 1829, and in 1836, President Andrew Jackson informed Congress of the gift, which it accepted. In 1838, Smithson's legacy, which totaled more than $500,000, was delivered to the United States Mint and entered the Treasury. After eight years, in 1846, the Smithsonian Institution was established.[3]

The Smithsonian Institution Building (also known as "The Castle") was completed in 1855 to house an art gallery, a library, a chemical laboratory, lecture halls, museum galleries, and offices.[4] During this time the Smithsonian was a learning institution concerned mainly with enhancing science and less interested in being a museum. Under the second secretary, Spencer Fullerton Baird, the Smithsonian turned into a full-fledged museum, mostly through the acquisition of 60 boxcars worth of displays from the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia. The income from the exhibition of these artifacts allowed for the construction of the National Museum, which is now known as the Arts and Industries Building. This structure was opened in 1881 to provide the Smithsonian with its first proper facility for public display of the growing collections.[5]

The Institution grew slowly until 1964 when Sidney Dillon Ripley became secretary. Ripley managed to expand the institution by eight museums and increased admission from 10.8 million to 30 million people a year.[6] This period included the greatest and most rapid growth for the Smithsonian, and it continued until Ripley's resignation in 1984.[6] Since the completion of the Arts and Industries Building, the Smithsonian has expanded to twenty separate museums with roughly 137 million objects in their collections, including works of art, natural specimens, and cultural artifacts.[1] The Smithsonian museums are visited by over 25 million people every year.[1]

Museums[edit]
Eleven of the 19 Smithsonian Institution museums and galleries are at the National Mall in Washington D.C., the open-area national park in Washington, D.C. running between the Lincoln Memorial and the United States Capitol, with the Washington Monument providing a division slightly west of the center.[1] Five other Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo are located elsewhere in Washington. Two more Smithsonian museums are located in New York City and one is located in Chantilly, Virginia.

The Smithsonian also holds close ties with 171 museums in 41 states, as well as Panama and Puerto Rico.[1] These museums are known as Smithsonian Affiliates. Collections of artifacts are given to these museums in the form of long-term loans from the Smithsonian. These long-term loans are not the only Smithsonian exhibits outside the Smithsonian museums. The Smithsonian also has a large number of traveling exhibitions. Each year more than 50 exhibitions travel to hundreds of cities and towns all across the United States.[1]

Are you related to PoliticalChic ? :21:

Oh, sir, I am not worthy to unleash even one of Political Chic's sandals. Thank you for the kind compliment, though. :redface:

I think those Republicans should try some of that 'consensual rape' and see how they like it

Consensual rape

Girl 1 "I had the best sex of my life last night with the guy I met Friday."

Girl 2 "Has he called you?"

Girl 1 "No..... OMG! I've been raped. I'm going to the cops right now."
I know

All women lie about rape, they secretly enjoy it

I think its when a women really wants it but doesnt want to seem like a slut and pushes the guy into taking it,,,

its happened to me several times and all of them ended in long relationships,,,,

No means no. End of story.

hate to break it to you, but with some women no means yes,,,

Yep.

And there is the even more common, "maybe later". In my experience.

So one guy misspeaks while giving a speech.

At least you idiots have something to howl about.

Consensual rape

I know

how do you know that???
Everyone knows that

Look, these women are just asking to be raped
They wear suggestive clothing, wear perfume, go out after 10 o’clock

They deserve what they get

Consensual rape

I know

how do you know that???
Everyone knows that

Look, these women are just asking to be raped
They wear suggestive clothing, wear perfume, go out after 10 o’clock

They deserve what they get
anybody else but you I would call a liar,,,

It takes a Republican to offer a class on 'consensual rape'

I bet he voted for the fornicator N chief ................

You say fornicator like it is a bad thing.

Are you a virgin?

This is what happens when a bunch of men get together to create a law that involves a woman's body.

Lots of laws control people's bodies.

Does it bother you when a woman gets to vote on laws that control men's bodies, or are you a complete hypocrite just spewing shit?

Definitely a typical Republican. Republicans are okay with sexual harassers on the Fed and people who commit sexual assault on the Supreme Court. They attack women who come forward.

The bitch lied...anyone with an ounce of sense knows that by now.

Of course it is you....soooooo

Kavanaugh lied under oath. Since you don't have a ounce of sense how would you know? Suburban women showed who they believe by voting for Democrats by a nearly 2-1 margin in some states/.

You lying is so you. Calling her a bitch shows what you think of women.

Lots of laws control people's bodies.

Does it bother you when a woman gets to vote on laws that control men's bodies, or are you a complete hypocrite just spewing shit?

Name a law that controls only men's bodies.

Forum List

Back