Breaking News Minimum wage set to drop in Missouri

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by Book of Jeremiah, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,847
    I've heard of raising the minimum wage but never dropping it. Missouri Governor Eric Greitens says raising the minimum wage to $10 an hour was a mistake. He's says the minimum wage will return to $7.70 an hour. Whose idea was it to raise the minimum wage in the first place? Has anyone else ever heard of "dropping" the minimum wage?

Minimum wage set to drop in Missouri

ST. LOUIS -- Cities all over the United States have been boosting their minimum wage. It's up to $15 an hour in Seattle, but it's going in the opposite direction in St. Louis, Missouri.
    Amer Hawatmeh's family-owned restaurant in downtown St. Louis is struggling.

Along with rising sales taxes, and meat prices, a minimum wage hike to $10 an hour two months ago made it expensive to stay open. So he's cut back from five to two days a week for lunch. His hamburgers are smaller, his entrees pricier and his customers scarcer.

Hawatmeh believes it's not the government, but a combination of worker determination and customer demand that should set the correct wage.

"That's how I built myself," he said. "That's how I'm teaching my children to build themselves. Don't ask what do I get, ask what can I do."

And Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens agrees. Next month, the minimum wage will return to $7.70 an hour -- ten bucks an hour was a mistake, he says.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,000
    /---- The minimum wage should be abandoned and let the free market dictate wages. Let employees decide what they will work for.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,246
    Good for Missouri, they apparently aren't retarded regressive commies there.

Oregon just raised her min to $10.25/hour. In a state where we aren't allowed to harvest our own resources or engage in any sort of industry outside big corporation buddies of politicians and Portland.

4. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,774
    Progressives can be pretty stupid. Their understanding of economics is close to nil.

They demand we let in illegals to work for what ever the black market will pay, they demand we have no protections on trade while other nations pay their workers what ever they desire, and then they demand that our industry pay our workers a "living wage." Two sets of laws, one for citizens, one for everyone else.

IOW, they demand essentially two different sets of laws, one set of laws for American workers, and a different set of labor laws for every other laborer in the world.

IOW, it's fine to shift opportunity to workers of the world elsewhere, and undocumented workers, but for American workers? Naw, just put them on welfare and make them prisoners and wards of the state.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,246
    They understand it. They want the destruction of our economy and our country.

6. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,700
    It only occurred in St. Louis.. If your kids don't ask how much they get paid they are fools..

7. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,944
    "Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,700
    Here in Mizzouri we is governed by regressive radical republicans...They feel that the individual should always take last place in labor issues...

9. tigerred59

tigerred59 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,359
    I find it comical, the people who are against shit, is usually Old, white and to they shit already. So miss us on this bs story, fake news at its best

10. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,847
    This was the curve ball you didn't see coming. Check the link. It's your mainstream media CBS News. Is it still fake news? Have you fact checked them yet?