Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

Rather have em working and being productive Citizens, than permanently mooching Entitlements. They'll pay some taxes and put some money back into the economy. You may have to pay em a little more, but it'll be worth it in the end.
Nonsense. It hasn't been worth it yet... not only has the cost of entitlements grown, so also has the cost of minimum wage.

If statutory minimum wage did not always fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not always be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!

And like i said, Minimum Wage has never caused any perceptible negative impact on the economy.
Obvious nonsense.

We have more Millionaires & Billionaires in this country than ever before in our history.

Paying Minimum Wage has very little, to no impact. It is what it is.
Fine. It's well established that you refuse to accept the necessarily destructive economic realities appurtenant to statutory minimum wage.

So tell us, what exactly is your objection to simply basing a worker's wages upon the what that worker's work is worth?
We will never agree on this because you're wrong in presuming the employer will always pay the employee what his work is worth...

You are also wrong because if the employer does not pay the employee what his work is worth, (yes, a bare minimum living wage for full time work) then we, the tax payers will subsidize the business's profits by giving his employee the difference out of our tax dollars, yours and mine.

I know some get offended and angry when i say this, but... It's like depending on the Slave Master to do the 'right' thing for the slaves. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed is a huge part of human nature.

Time to just pay workers a decent wage so they can pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. Most don't wanna be on Welfare. They want something more. Pay em right, and we'll all benefit. That's how i see it anyway.
So tell us, what exactly is your objection to simply basing a worker's wages upon the what that worker's work is worth?

That's already been addressed. The Slave Master can't be trusted to do the right thing for the slave. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed makes up a huge part of human nature.

So, let's get em working for decent wage. They'll become productive tax-paying Citizens. They'll even have some disposal income to spend back into the economy. It'll save money in the end. We'll all benefit.
if you blow up Europe, Asia, India

[

On what moral authority do decide for other people what their work is worth?

In 1968 the inflation adjusted minimum wage was $10.71, more than $3 under the current minimum wage.

Minimum wage since 1938 - CNNMoney
And it still didn't work. Otherwise, there would be no demand from statutory minimum wage proponents for increasing the statutory minimum.

The minimum wage has fallen for 45 years, genius.
So? What's your point, genius?

Was the minimum wage too high in 1968?
Yes.

Was it ruining the economy?
It literally could not have been any benefit.

So you believe in no minimum wage and you believe that business should be free to use whatever advantage it can acquire over labor to force wages down as far as that advantage might allow?

What's the good in that?

Nonsense. It hasn't been worth it yet... not only has the cost of entitlements grown, so also has the cost of minimum wage.

If statutory minimum wage did not always fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not always be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!

Obvious nonsense.

Fine. It's well established that you refuse to accept the necessarily destructive economic realities appurtenant to statutory minimum wage.

We will never agree on this because you're wrong in presuming the employer will always pay the employee what his work is worth...

You are also wrong because if the employer does not pay the employee what his work is worth, (yes, a bare minimum living wage for full time work) then we, the tax payers will subsidize the business's profits by giving his employee the difference out of our tax dollars, yours and mine.

I know some get offended and angry when i say this, but... It's like depending on the Slave Master to do the 'right' thing for the slaves. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed is a huge part of human nature.

Time to just pay workers a decent wage so they can pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. Most don't wanna be on Welfare. They want something more. Pay em right, and we'll all benefit. That's how i see it anyway.

That's already been addressed. The Slave Master can't be trusted to do the right thing for the slave. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed makes up a huge part of human nature.

So, let's get em working for decent wage. They'll become productive tax-paying Citizens. They'll even have some disposal income to spend back into the economy. It'll save money in the end. We'll all benefit.
if you blow up Europe, Asia, India

I prefer them working, paying taxes, and spending money back into the economy. As opposed to living on Welfare their entire life. If we pay up now, it'll pay off for us in the long run.

Rather have em working and being productive Citizens, than permanently mooching Entitlements. They'll pay some taxes and put some money back into the economy. You may have to pay em a little more, but it'll be worth it in the end.

And like i said, Minimum Wage has never caused any perceptible negative impact on the economy.
Obvious nonsense.

We have more Millionaires & Billionaires in this country than ever before in our history.

Paying Minimum Wage has very little, to no impact. It is what it is.

That's already been addressed. The Slave Master can't be trusted to do the right thing for the slave. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed makes up a huge part of human nature.,
And you were refuted without contest.

Your "slavery" appeal to emotion is disingenuous and entirely retarded.

So, let's get em working for decent wage. They'll become productive tax-paying Citizens. They'll even have some disposable income to spend back into the economy. It'll save money in the end. We'll all benefit.
This has been refuted as well. Again, without contest.

Own many. I've never heard of a hunting trip requiring thousands of rounds.

so you are saying you have only one round for each gun you own.., i doubt you own even one gun, can you prove you "own many" ?

[

And it still didn't work. Otherwise, there would be no demand from statutory minimum wage proponents for increasing the statutory minimum.

Was the minimum wage too high in 1968? Was it ruining the economy?
back then how many Japanese cars were in the U.S. 1000?

So your argument against raising the minimum wage is that our nation is simply in a long term decline,

the consequences of which must in great measure fall upon poor and low income workers in America?
No, I posted this before my first two thoughts are :
1. A two tier MW one for adults and one for kids
2. No CEO or Business owner can say make more then say 20 or 30 Times more then the company's lowest paid worker. It helps small company's compete and brings competition to the giants.

Not every ones goal is money

Obvious nonsense.

That's already been addressed. The Slave Master can't be trusted to do the right thing for the slave. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed makes up a huge part of human nature.,

So, let's get em working for decent wage. They'll become productive tax-paying Citizens. They'll even have some disposable income to spend back into the economy. It'll save money in the end. We'll all benefit.

So have em on Welfare their entire lives? That's your solution. Well guess what? You'll pay dearly for that. I advise you pay em better and make them tax-paying Citizens who can spend some money back into the economy. That'll save a whole lotta cash in the end.

[

Was the minimum wage too high in 1968?
Yes.

Was it ruining the economy?
It literally could not have been any benefit.

So you believe in no minimum wage and you believe that business should be free to use whatever advantage it can acquire over labor to force wages down as far as that advantage might allow?
Yes. I also believe labor should be free to use its own advantages to drive wages up.

Why do you insist upon presuming a coercive monopsony where none exists?

What's the good in that?
I think you refuse to aknowlege half the equation just to make the point that there's no good in it. Its a bullshit maneuver to reach an invalid conclusion.

What is your objection to simply basing a worker's wages upon what that worker's work is worth?

Still not seeing how the Minimum Wage has ever hurt the U.S. Economy. We have more Millionaires and Billionaires than ever before in our history. Paying struggling workers a decent wage isn't gonna break the bank. Seriously, it's true. Anyway, have a good Saturday. See ya. :)

So have em on Welfare their entire lives? That's your solution.
No.

Your appeal to emotion is invalid, ineffective, and retarded.

Well guess what? You'll pay dearly for that.
Made up nonsense.

I advise you pay em better and make them tax-paying Citizens who can spend some money back into the economy. That'll save a whole lotta cash in the end.
What is your objection to simply basing a worker's wages upon what that worker's work is worth?

Still not seeing how the Minimum Wage has ever hurt the U.S. Economy. We have more Millionaires and Billionaires than ever before in our history. Paying struggling workers a decent wage isn't gonna break the bank. Seriously, it's true. Anyway, have a good Saturday. See ya. :)
yea have a good Saturday, but please come back and tell us your plan on how to get them to pay a decent wage when we live in a global economy now and everyone only lives a 100 years

Still not seeing how the Minimum Wage has ever hurt the U.S. Economy.
This has been explained to you. You offer no contest; just denial of well established economic realities.

We have more Millionaires and Billionaires than ever before in our history.
Not relevant. Just another distracting appeal to emotion.

Paying struggling workers a decent wage isn't gonna break the bank. Seriously, it's true. Anyway, have a good Saturday. See ya. :)
Patently wrong for OBVIOUS reasons.

Well, minimum wage laws don't result in paying struggling workers a decent wage. But maintaining a dependent underclass is central to the money masters' long term plans, and such laws are crucial to that effort.

Yet businesses in America have managed to survive and thrive for many many years. The sky never fell, like you guys predicted. There is no evidence proving any business in America has ever gone out of business due to the Minimum Wage. If you can't pay Minimum Wage, than it's time for you to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be for you. It is what it is.

So never mind all the evidence that hiking the minimum wage hurts the very people it's supposed to help? Never mind that hiking the minimum wage ignores the crucial difference between people who work low-income jobs to get through school or for other temporary reasons and people who work low-income jobs on a long-term basis and to support or help support a family?

Just never mind fact and reality, right? Just blindly insist on hiking the minimum wage over and over again--and then scratch your head and wonder why our economy continues to have weaker and weaker recoveries, more and more long-term unemployed, and more jobs shipped overseas because companies understandably don't want to pay someone $15 an hour and benefits to do simple jobs like operate a cash register, wash dishes, or clean tables.

Hiking the EITC is an infinitely smarter and better way to help people who work low-income jobs on a long-term basis, especially if they're supporting or helping to support a family. It targets those who need the help, distributes the cost more broadly, and doesn't cause employers to cut back on low-income jobs.

Yet businesses in America have managed to survive and thrive for many many years. The sky never fell, like you guys predicted. There is no evidence proving any business in America has ever gone out of business due to the Minimum Wage. If you can't pay Minimum Wage, than it's time for you to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be for you. It is what it is.

So never mind all the evidence that hiking the minimum wage hurts the very people it's supposed to help? Never mind that hiking the minimum wage ignores the crucial difference between people who work low-income jobs to get through school or for other temporary reasons and people who work low-income jobs on a long-term basis and to support or help support a family?

Just never mind fact and reality, right? Just blindly insist on hiking the minimum wage over and over again--and then scratch your head and wonder why our economy continues to have weaker and weaker recoveries, more and more long-term unemployed, and more jobs shipped overseas because companies understandably don't want to pay someone $15 an hour and benefits to do simple jobs like operate a cash register, wash dishes, or clean tables.

Hiking the EITC is an infinitely smarter and better way to help people who work low-income jobs on a long-term basis, especially if they're supporting or helping to support a family. It targets those who need the help, distributes the cost more broadly, and doesn't cause employers to cut back on low-income jobs.
Yes. It is essential to ignore the economic realities of statutory minimum wage in order claim it benefits everyone and harms no one.

Have you not been paying attention to these chuckleheads?

Last edited:
If a Macdonald's has, say, 6 people on a shift, they need 6 people on a shift. THEY figured that out. If they claim that a raise in the minimum wage will force them to go to 5 people on a shift,

well, why aren't they at 5 people now? Why are they carrying the 6th employee that supposedly they can do without?
HA HA. I've been asking that question for 50 years. I haven't gotten a good answer yet.
I'll be happy to end your 50 years of wondering. The answer is in the question.

If they determine they need 6 people on a shift, that determination is based on providing a certain assumed quality level of service. They know that if they had just one person on the shift, for example, customers would have to wait a long time and they would ultimately lose customers. So, they employ the smallest possible number of staff for the level of speed and service they want to provide. What will ultimately happen, once all hard costs have been minimized to deal with the increase in wages, is business owners will have to consider decreasing service quality by decreasing hours and/or staff size. There will be other considerations as well, such as increasing prices and looking at automation.

All of the above is just a small part of the thought and planning process of running a business. Those who have actually started and run a business know this.

I'm not arguing against an increase in the minimum wage. Quite frankly, I don't really care. I'm just answering your question. Unfortunately though, this whole conversation is being polluted by people who simply don't know what they're talking about.

Unfortunately though, this whole conversation is being polluted by people who simply don't know what they're talking about.

Starting with the OP.

Lol you are so dumb. Pennies on the dollar would rise while millions of people would make an couple extra hundred dollars a month. And no, not every price would rise. Not even close. Tell me, if you think it's so catastrophic, why did we raise the min wage so many times in the past with no problem.
Because statutory minimum wage ALWAYS fails to deliver.

Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the statutory minimum wage are barred from such contracts. It is compulsory unemployment. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS contributes to unemployment.

There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages. You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. It's just not possible.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS results in inflation. It necessarily must.

These realities are inescapable, and it is why minimum wage ponzi schemes ALWAYS fail.

If statutory minimum wage did not ALWAYS fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not ALWAYS be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!
Lol you conservative have this fantasy qualitative reasoning about wages that is so laughable. Ok so your premise is that $15/h work is undermined by a boost in $2 in wages. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you define worth in this context? What are the defining characteristics exactly? Why are you so convinced that the job is worth that much? Don't you think it's possible that the employer keeps the wages low for the sake of, you know, more profit? They make more money paying people less you know that right? With this logic, it's kind of ridiculous to assume an employer pays wages based on an objective metric of worth. That's just retarded.

Here is food for thought. I know you cons struggle with with thought so chew slow. In this country, productivity has grown 100% since the 30's yet wages have remained flat. Don't you think productivity should be taken into account when it comes to deciding wages? Corporations haven't. Here is more food for thought: the last time someone could comfortably live off 10/h was the 1960's. Don't you think inflation should be taken into account for deciding wages? Corporations don't.
live comfortably off $10 bucks an hour? They do in South Carolina it is like the equivalent to making $50 bucks an hour in New York City
I seriously doubt that is true.
well considering I only pay $1.19 for a pack of smokes......

How much does it cost to rent a 3 bedroom house on 5 acres of land again in New York city?

$500 bucks down here....
Um no. The price increase would be pennies on the dollar.

Pennies add up to dollars Idiot.

The price of everything would rise

Everything from apples to zucchini would cost more

All your utilities will cost more

Everything you do for entertainment would cost more

Anyone with any common sense knows that

And you think a 7.50 an hour raise only costs the employer 7.50 don't you?

News flash it doesn't. Employers will have to pay higher payroll taxes, higher state and federal unemployment taxes, higher workman's comp premiums (taxes) etc

so like I said all those pennies add up to a lot of dollars
Lol you are so dumb. Pennies on the dollar would rise while millions of people would make an couple extra hundred dollars a month. And no, not every price would rise. Not even close. Tell me, if you think it's so catastrophic, why did we raise the min wage so many times in the past with no problem.

Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the statutory minimum wage are barred from such contracts. It is compulsory unemployment. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS contributes to unemployment.

There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages. You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. It's just not possible.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS results in inflation. It necessarily must.

These realities are inescapable, and it is why minimum wage ponzi schemes ALWAYS fail.

If statutory minimum wage did not ALWAYS fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not ALWAYS be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!
Lol you conservative have this fantasy qualitative reasoning about wages that is so laughable. Ok so your premise is that $15/h work is undermined by a boost in $2 in wages. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you define worth in this context? What are the defining characteristics exactly? Why are you so convinced that the job is worth that much?
I don't. I literally do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

On what moral authority do you decide worth for other people?

Don't you think it's possible that the employer keeps the wages low for the sake of, you know, more profit?
Also I believe employees demand demand higher wages for the sake of their own profit. What's your point?

They make more money paying people less you know that right? With this logic, it's kind of ridiculous to assume an employer pays wages based on an objective metric of worth. That's just retarded.
What's retarded is this notion of yours that you can achieve any kind of wage justice by ignoring well established economic principles by applying magical legislation.

Here is food for thought. I know you cons struggle with with thought so chew slow. In this country, productivity has grown 100% since the 30's yet wages have remained flat. Don't you think productivity should be taken into account when it comes to deciding wages?
Maybe. Productivity in worthless product might be up a bajillion %, but I don't think that demands higher wages. I don't know.

I'll tell you this though: I do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

Corporations haven't.
Made up nonsense.

Here is more food for thought: the last time someone could comfortably live off 10/h was the 1960's. Don't you think inflation should be taken into account for deciding wages? Corporations don't.

Ok you really need to address this devaluing concept. What objective metric are you using? And again, what makes you so confident the employer is not paying someone less simply for the sake of profit?

The reason why there has always been a demand to raise it is because it is way behind on current inflation. Cost of living is an actual metric you know that right?

Ok you really need to address this devaluing concept. What objective metric are you using? And again, what makes you so confident the employer is not paying someone less simply for the sake of profit?

The reason why there has always been a demand to raise it is because it is way behind on current inflation. Cost of living is an actual metric you know that right?

Isn't that interesting?

Lol you conservative have this fantasy qualitative reasoning about wages that is so laughable. Ok so your premise is that $15/h work is undermined by a boost in $2 in wages. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you define worth in this context? What are the defining characteristics exactly? Why are you so convinced that the job is worth that much? Don't you think it's possible that the employer keeps the wages low for the sake of, you know, more profit? They make more money paying people less you know that right? With this logic, it's kind of ridiculous to assume an employer pays wages based on an objective metric of worth. That's just retarded.

Here is food for thought. I know you cons struggle with with thought so chew slow. In this country, productivity has grown 100% since the 30's yet wages have remained flat. Don't you think productivity should be taken into account when it comes to deciding wages? Corporations haven't. Here is more food for thought: the last time someone could comfortably live off 10/h was the 1960's. Don't you think inflation should be taken into account for deciding wages? Corporations don't.
live comfortably off $10 bucks an hour? They do in South Carolina it is like the equivalent to making $50 bucks an hour in New York City
I seriously doubt that is true.
well considering I only pay $1.19 for a pack of smokes......

How much does it cost to rent a 3 bedroom house on 5 acres of land again in New York city?

$500 bucks down here....
Pennies add up to dollars Idiot.

The price of everything would rise

Everything from apples to zucchini would cost more

All your utilities will cost more

Everything you do for entertainment would cost more

Anyone with any common sense knows that

And you think a 7.50 an hour raise only costs the employer 7.50 don't you?

News flash it doesn't. Employers will have to pay higher payroll taxes, higher state and federal unemployment taxes, higher workman's comp premiums (taxes) etc

so like I said all those pennies add up to a lot of dollars

Lol you conservative have this fantasy qualitative reasoning about wages that is so laughable. Ok so your premise is that $15/h work is undermined by a boost in $2 in wages. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you define worth in this context? What are the defining characteristics exactly? Why are you so convinced that the job is worth that much?
I don't. I literally do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

Don't you think it's possible that the employer keeps the wages low for the sake of, you know, more profit?
Also I believe employees demand demand higher wages for the sake of their own profit. What's your point?

They make more money paying people less you know that right? With this logic, it's kind of ridiculous to assume an employer pays wages based on an objective metric of worth. That's just retarded.
What's retarded is this notion of yours that you can achieve any kind of wage justice by ignoring well established economic principles by applying magical legislation.

Here is food for thought. I know you cons struggle with with thought so chew slow. In this country, productivity has grown 100% since the 30's yet wages have remained flat. Don't you think productivity should be taken into account when it comes to deciding wages?
Maybe. Productivity in worthless product might be up a bajillion %, but I don't think that demands higher wages. I don't know.

I'll tell you this though: I do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

Corporations haven't.
Made up nonsense.

Here is more food for thought: the last time someone could comfortably live off 10/h was the 1960's. Don't you think inflation should be taken into account for deciding wages? Corporations don't.

Ok you really need to address this devaluing concept.
You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. It's just not possible.

What objective metric are you using?
Math. $1 is less than $15.

And again, what makes you so confident the employer is not paying someone less simply for the sake of profit?
I made no such statement of "confidence." In fact, I wouldn't. It is entirely irrelevant.

BTW, for everyone's benefit; On what moral authority do you decide worth for other people?

The reason why there has always been a demand to raise it is because it is way behind on current inflation.
It ALWAYS will be. Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS results in inflation. It necessarily must.

Cost of living is an actual metric you know that right?
Yes, but so what?

What is your objection to simply basing was worker's wages upon what that worker's work is worth?

Last edited:
And I'll repeat my own personal, first-hand experience with hiking the minimum wage. As a teen I worked at a car wash. When the minimum wage was increased substantially, the car wash laid off at least 1/4 of the workers because it could not afford to pay the same number of workers at the new wage. Lucky for me, I was one of the ones chosen to stay. My boss, a guy named Norman, was upset and distressed that he had to lay off so many workers.

Isn't that interesting?
It's as if he almost gets it.

Forum List

Back