Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

Fact is, since the Minimum Wage has existed, more Millionaires & Billionaires have been created in this country than ever before in history. Businesses have not only survived, they've thrived. So there is no evidence whatsoever that the Minimum Wage causes any perceptible negative impact on the Economy. All the gloom & doom 'Sky is Falling' predictions really are B.S. They've always been proven to be B.S. And this time will be no different.

The Wage will go up, and Businesses will be fine. In my own personal opinion, i think the Minimum Wage should be somewhere between $10-$12. $15 may be a bit much. I think $10-$12 is a survivable wage. But even at that, it will still be a struggle. So don't count on Minimum Wage for your survival. Get educated and skilled. That's the best way to go.
Before you produce data to support your obviously wrong assertions, make sure it is corrected for the effects of counter-inflation and counter-unemployment policies in place at the same time. Good luck.

Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the minimum wage are barred from such contracts. It is compulsory unemployment. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS contributes to unemployment.

There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages. You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. It's just not possible.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Minimum wage laws ALWAYS result in inflation. They necessarily must.

These realities are inescapable, and it is why minimum wage ponzi schemes ALWAYS fail.

If they were not always failures--if they did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not always be demanding that the minimum wage be increased... yet again!

Rather have em working and being productive Citizens, than permanently mooching Entitlements. They'll pay some taxes and put some money back into the economy. You may have to pay em a little more, but it'll be worth it in the end.
Nonsense. It hasn't been worth it yet... not only has the cost of entitlements grown, so also has the cost of minimum wage.

If statutory minimum wage did not always fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not always be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!

And like i said, Minimum Wage has never caused any perceptible negative impact on the economy.
Obvious nonsense.

We have more Millionaires & Billionaires in this country than ever before in our history.

Paying Minimum Wage has very little, to no impact. It is what it is.
Fine. It's well established that you refuse to accept the necessarily destructive economic realities appurtenant to statutory minimum wage.

So tell us, what exactly is your objection to simply basing a worker's wages upon the what that worker's work is worth?
We will never agree on this because you're wrong in presuming the employer will always pay the employee what his work is worth...
I make no such presumption... for you or others. Yet you do for the worker and me.

On what moral authority do you decide the employer is not paying the worker what the work is worth?

There is only one way to validly presume a worker's wages are not consistent with what a worker's work is worth... legislative fiat.

You are wrong in presuming that the government is competent at setting wages.

You are also wrong because if the employer does not pay the employee what his work is worth, (yes, a bare minimum living wage for full time work) then we, the tax payers will subsidize the business's profits by giving his employee the difference out of our tax dollars, yours and mine.
You are wrong to presume that all work merits a living wage.

You are wrong to presume that statutory living wage is harmless. There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages. You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. It's just not possible. Statutory living wage just expands that devaluation to retarded proportions.

The farther from $0/hr the statutory minimum wage gets, the more workers that necessarily must be underpaid to subsidize those being overpaid.

On what moral authority do decide for other people what their work is worth?

the most important aspect of this is NEVER MENTIONED. Not a word. That is the increase in DISPOSABLE INCOME resulting in INCREASES SALES$$$.

If I pay my employees another $500,000 a year, are my sales supposed to increase by $500,000?
Is that supposed to be an even trade?
I don't understand how you can be so dense. The economic benefits of raising the minimum wage would occur because the change would happen in the entire economy. Overall, a good portion of the economy would have more disposable income, so yeah, business in general would see an increase in demand.

And as prices rise as they must all those people making above the proposed MW will see their buying power decrease.

It ain't rocket science
Um no. The price increase would be pennies on the dollar.

Pennies add up to dollars Idiot.

The price of everything would rise

Everything from apples to zucchini would cost more

All your utilities will cost more

Everything you do for entertainment would cost more

Anyone with any common sense knows that

And you think a 7.50 an hour raise only costs the employer 7.50 don't you?

News flash it doesn't. Employers will have to pay higher payroll taxes, higher state and federal unemployment taxes, higher workman's comp premiums (taxes) etc

so like I said all those pennies add up to a lot of dollars
Lol you are so dumb. Pennies on the dollar would rise while millions of people would make an couple extra hundred dollars a month. And no, not every price would rise. Not even close. Tell me, if you think it's so catastrophic, why did we raise the min wage so many times in the past with no problem.

Raising the MW by a few cents is completely different than doubling it.

And of course all prices would rise because every industry would see their costs rise and you think that those businesses won't raise prices?

If my labor costs doubled I would have to raise my prices

I don't understand how you can be so dense. The economic benefits of raising the minimum wage would occur because the change would happen in the entire economy. Overall, a good portion of the economy would have more disposable income, so yeah, business in general would see an increase in demand.

And as prices rise as they must all those people making above the proposed MW will see their buying power decrease.

It ain't rocket science

News flash it doesn't. Employers will have to pay higher payroll taxes, higher state and federal unemployment taxes, higher workman's comp premiums (taxes) etc

Lol you are so dumb. Pennies on the dollar would rise while millions of people would make an couple extra hundred dollars a month. And no, not every price would rise. Not even close. Tell me, if you think it's so catastrophic, why did we raise the min wage so many times in the past with no problem.

Raising the MW by a few cents is completely different than doubling it.

And of course all prices would rise because every industry would see their costs rise and you think that those businesses won't raise prices?

If my labor costs doubled I would have to raise my prices
Yeah, the key in doing this will be the speed and sizes of the increases. It'll be easier to absorb if the jumps are carefully thought through.

Of course, there's not a great deal of "carefully thought through" going on in this conversation, but that how America rolls now.

It ain't rocket science

Because statutory minimum wage ALWAYS fails to deliver.

Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the statutory minimum wage are barred from such contracts. It is compulsory unemployment. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS contributes to unemployment.

There is no escape from the objective fact of economic reality that minimum wage laws devalue wages. You simply cannot avoid devaluing wages when you make $1/hr work cost the same as $15/hr work. It's just not possible.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS results in inflation. It necessarily must.

These realities are inescapable, and it is why minimum wage ponzi schemes ALWAYS fail.

If statutory minimum wage did not ALWAYS fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not ALWAYS be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!
Lol you conservative have this fantasy qualitative reasoning about wages that is so laughable. Ok so your premise is that $15/h work is undermined by a boost in $2 in wages. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you define worth in this context? What are the defining characteristics exactly? Why are you so convinced that the job is worth that much?
I don't. I literally do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

On what moral authority do you decide worth for other people?

Don't you think it's possible that the employer keeps the wages low for the sake of, you know, more profit?
Also I believe employees demand demand higher wages for the sake of their own profit. What's your point?

They make more money paying people less you know that right? With this logic, it's kind of ridiculous to assume an employer pays wages based on an objective metric of worth. That's just retarded.
What's retarded is this notion of yours that you can achieve any kind of wage justice by ignoring well established economic principles by applying magical legislation.

Here is food for thought. I know you cons struggle with with thought so chew slow. In this country, productivity has grown 100% since the 30's yet wages have remained flat. Don't you think productivity should be taken into account when it comes to deciding wages?
Maybe. Productivity in worthless product might be up a bajillion %, but I don't think that demands higher wages. I don't know.

I'll tell you this though: I do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

Corporations haven't.
Made up nonsense.

Here is more food for thought: the last time someone could comfortably live off 10/h was the 1960's. Don't you think inflation should be taken into account for deciding wages? Corporations don't.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS results in inflation. It necessarily must.

If statutory minimum wage did not ALWAYS fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not ALWAYS be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!

Last edited:
[

In 1968 the inflation adjusted minimum wage was $10.71, more than $3 under the current minimum wage.

Minimum wage since 1938 - CNNMoney
And it still didn't work. Otherwise, there would be no demand from statutory minimum wage proponents for increasing the statutory minimum.

The minimum wage has fallen for 45 years, genius.

Because statutory minimum wage ALWAYS fails to deliver.

Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the statutory minimum wage are barred from such contracts. It is compulsory unemployment. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS contributes to unemployment.

Lol you conservative have this fantasy qualitative reasoning about wages that is so laughable. Ok so your premise is that $15/h work is undermined by a boost in $2 in wages. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you define worth in this context? What are the defining characteristics exactly? Why are you so convinced that the job is worth that much?
I don't. I literally do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

Don't you think it's possible that the employer keeps the wages low for the sake of, you know, more profit?
Also I believe employees demand demand higher wages for the sake of their own profit. What's your point?

They make more money paying people less you know that right? With this logic, it's kind of ridiculous to assume an employer pays wages based on an objective metric of worth. That's just retarded.
What's retarded is this notion of yours that you can achieve any kind of wage justice by ignoring well established economic principles by applying magical legislation.

Here is food for thought. I know you cons struggle with with thought so chew slow. In this country, productivity has grown 100% since the 30's yet wages have remained flat. Don't you think productivity should be taken into account when it comes to deciding wages?
Maybe. Productivity in worthless product might be up a bajillion %, but I don't think that demands higher wages. I don't know.

I'll tell you this though: I do not assert that I have the moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth... whether we're talking about the work being done, or the work that needs to be done.

Corporations haven't.
Made up nonsense.

Here is more food for thought: the last time someone could comfortably live off 10/h was the 1960's. Don't you think inflation should be taken into account for deciding wages? Corporations don't.

If statutory minimum wage did not ALWAYS fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not ALWAYS be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again![/QUOTE]you know I an getting tired of how productivity went up, what do you think we work harder and faster now?

And if you think we do you are a moron

[

In 1968 the inflation adjusted minimum wage was $10.71, more than $3 under the current minimum wage.

And it still didn't work. Otherwise, there would be no demand from statutory minimum wage proponents for increasing the statutory minimum.

So? What's your point, genius?

You make some valid points. But i'd rather em working and being productive Citizens, than permanently mooching Entitlements. Pay em a decent wage, they'll pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. It'll work out.

I truly believe if you do a right and good thing, it will come back around to you. Give em a little more cash, it'll come back around to benefit us all.

I agree that I'd rather see people working too. Seems where we disagree is whether doing the "right" thing will pay dividends. The power players in today's economy have no interest in doing the "right" thing, and will simply find a way to turn it on its head so that at best it's a "break even." But even a break even is a loss for us in the long run, because of the inflation.

Though we are looking at different avenues, we find ourselves in the atypical position of wanting the same outcome in middle ground territory. The politicians will never let this stand.

I truly believe most on welfare, want to work and make a decent living. They're not all lazy moochers. They want to work and be productive. They do want more than living on welfare forever.

So give em a decent wage and allow them to pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. It'll save money in the long run. Like i said before, i think $10-$12 is a survivable wage. Just rent alone, is a killer in today's America. But $15 might be a little much at this time.

You make some valid points. But i'd rather em working and being productive Citizens, than permanently mooching Entitlements. Pay em a decent wage, they'll pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. It'll work out.

I truly believe if you do a right and good thing, it will come back around to you. Give em a little more cash, it'll come back around to benefit us all.

I agree that I'd rather see people working too. Seems where we disagree is whether doing the "right" thing will pay dividends. The power players in today's economy have no interest in doing the "right" thing, and will simply find a way to turn it on its head so that at best it's a "break even." But even a break even is a loss for us in the long run, because of the inflation.

Though we are looking at different avenues, we find ourselves in the atypical position of wanting the same outcome in middle ground territory. The politicians will never let this stand.

I truly believe most on welfare, want to work and make a decent living. They're not all lazy moochers. They want to work and be productive. They do want more than living on welfare forever.

So give em a decent wage and allow them to pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. It'll save money in the long run. Like i said before, i think $10-$12 is a survivable wage. Just rent alone, is a killer in today's America. But $15 might be a little much at this time.
You should read this article about France's fake company's, the high jobs for low skilled workers are not coming back. If you raise minimum wage across the board to $15 bucks an hour, instead of 4% making MW, it will be more like 20% of Americans making minimum wage they won't get a significant raise in this global economy
Europeans are so sick of being unemployed that they re working fake jobs at fake companies - SCScircle Hot News

Fact is, since the Minimum Wage has existed, more Millionaires & Billionaires have been created in this country than ever before in history. Businesses have not only survived, they've thrived. So there is no evidence whatsoever that the Minimum Wage causes any perceptible negative impact on the Economy. All the gloom & doom 'Sky is Falling' predictions really are B.S. They've always been proven to be B.S. And this time will be no different.

The Wage will go up, and Businesses will be fine. In my own personal opinion, i think the Minimum Wage should be somewhere between $10-$12. $15 may be a bit much. I think $10-$12 is a survivable wage. But even at that, it will still be a struggle. So don't count on Minimum Wage for your survival. Get educated and skilled. That's the best way to go.
Before you produce data to support your obviously wrong assertions, make sure it is corrected for the effects of counter-inflation and counter-unemployment policies in place at the same time. Good luck.

Minimum wage laws cannot create jobs, they can ONLY outlaw them. Minimum wage laws demand that workers willing to accept wages less than the minimum wage are barred from such contracts. It is compulsory unemployment. Statutory minimum wage ALWAYS contributes to unemployment.

Adding new dollars to the economy by increasing the minimum wage beyond what the work is worth is not the same thing as creating new wealth. Minimum wage laws ALWAYS result in inflation. They necessarily must.

If they were not always failures--if they did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not always be demanding that the minimum wage be increased... yet again!

Rather have em working and being productive Citizens, than permanently mooching Entitlements. They'll pay some taxes and put some money back into the economy. You may have to pay em a little more, but it'll be worth it in the end.
Nonsense. It hasn't been worth it yet... not only has the cost of entitlements grown, so also has the cost of minimum wage.

If statutory minimum wage did not always fail--if it did not always result in unemployment and inflation--minimum wage proponents would not always be demanding that the statutory minimum wage be increased... yet again!

And like i said, Minimum Wage has never caused any perceptible negative impact on the economy.
Obvious nonsense.

We have more Millionaires & Billionaires in this country than ever before in our history.

Fine. It's well established that you refuse to accept the necessarily destructive economic realities appurtenant to statutory minimum wage.

So tell us, what exactly is your objection to simply basing a worker's wages upon the what that worker's work is worth?
We will never agree on this because you're wrong in presuming the employer will always pay the employee what his work is worth...

You are also wrong because if the employer does not pay the employee what his work is worth, (yes, a bare minimum living wage for full time work) then we, the tax payers will subsidize the business's profits by giving his employee the difference out of our tax dollars, yours and mine.

I know some get offended and angry when i say this, but... It's like depending on the Slave Master to do the 'right' thing for the slaves. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed is a huge part of human nature.

Time to just pay workers a decent wage so they can pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. Most don't wanna be on Welfare. They want something more. Pay em right, and we'll all benefit. That's how i see it anyway.

Let's assume we are just talking about someonewho really wants to work, and not some glue-huffing retard who thinks his dedication to wearing black fingernail polish, rather than work is merit enough for a rock star's paycheck. Lets also say that "welfare" pays the equvalent of $6.50/hr. What minimum wage says is that even if this guy who wants to work, wanted to work for $7.00/hr, it would be a crime to do so. That despite the agreement between him and the employer that the job is worth $7.00/hr, the government rolls in and declares (in the name of social justice) that this worker's efforts are worth nothing--so much so in fact, that they are willing to pay him $6.50/hr to do nothing! Not only does this guy get less than he could earn, we don't even get the benefit of his services--the job is not being done, or if it is, it's being done by some poor schlep who's desperately trying hard enough to merit his $15k/year job so he doesn't have to be a $11k/year welfare recipient himself--or, this work being done by someone, like you perhaps, who is getting paid well in excess of the minimum wage because your effort merits it, but now your productivity suffers because you are scrubbing the men'sroom urinals instead of the actual job you were hired for. Then you wonder why you get no raise despite the fact that you're doing both your job and that of the janitor.

Seriously, what is your objection to basing a worker's wages on what that worker's work is worth?

Obvious nonsense.

I know some get offended and angry when i say this, but... It's like depending on the Slave Master to do the 'right' thing for the slaves. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed is a huge part of human nature.

Time to just pay workers a decent wage so they can pay some taxes and spend some money back into the economy. Most don't wanna be on Welfare. They want something more. Pay em right, and we'll all benefit. That's how i see it anyway.

Obvious nonsense.

You can have your opinion but you can not legestraite morals, communism don't work and by looking at Europe socialism don't work judging by the past elections and the un employment rate, we gained manufacturing jobs because of our low labor MW in the past years.

[

Was the minimum wage too high in 1968? Was it ruining the economy?

Own many. I've never heard of a hunting trip requiring thousands of rounds.

so you are saying you have only one round for each gun you own.., i doubt you own even one gun, can you prove you "own many" ?

[

back then how many Japanese cars were in the U.S. 1000?

Obvious nonsense.

That's already been addressed. The Slave Master can't be trusted to do the right thing for the slave. It just ain't gonna happen. Greed makes up a huge part of human nature.

So, let's get em working for decent wage. They'll become productive tax-paying Citizens. They'll even have some disposable income to spend back into the economy. It'll save money in the end. We'll all benefit.

[

Was the minimum wage too high in 1968?
Yes.

Was it ruining the economy?
It literally could not have been any benefit.

Own many. I've never heard of a hunting trip requiring thousands of rounds.

so you are saying you have only one round for each gun you own.., i doubt you own even one gun, can you prove you "own many" ?

[

back then how many Japanese cars were in the U.S. 1000?

So your argument against raising the minimum wage is that our nation is simply in a long term decline,

the consequences of which must in great measure fall upon poor and low income workers in America?

Forum List

Back