Millionaires Growing By Leaps And Bounds!!!

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
It looks like President Obama's economic policies are finally kicking in!!!!

The millionaire population jumped in the U.S. by 8% last year

The number of U.S. households worth at least $1 million rose to 8.4 million in 2010, compared to 7.8 million the prior year, according to a report by Spectrem Group.

Households worth at least $100,000 also grew last year, to 36.2 million from 34.6 million. But the report showed that Americans, even those with money, are more cautious than they used to be.

In the prior year of 2008, the millionaire population plunged 27%

U.S. millionaires population expanded by 8% in 2010 - Yahoo! Finance

This report is ASSETS ONLY. Means NOTHING.
I am worth 2 million but make around 100K a year.
Those making 1 million or more in salary or profits is more like 300K.

After the Fed gets done with QE9 we will all be millionaires working in "production jobs" at McDonald's making $400K a year.

The only problem is that a hamburger will cost $5K.

I found it funny that the Bush adminstration started counting fast food as a production job because they "produce" hamburgers. This is how figures lie because liars figure.

Yes, President Obama's economic policies have made my bowel movements much better. Thanks President Obama.

It looks like President Obama's economic policies are finally kicking in!!!!

The millionaire population jumped in the U.S. by 8% last year

The number of U.S. households worth at least $1 million rose to 8.4 million in 2010, compared to 7.8 million the prior year, according to a report by Spectrem Group.

Households worth at least $100,000 also grew last year, to 36.2 million from 34.6 million. But the report showed that Americans, even those with money, are more cautious than they used to be.

In the prior year of 2008, the millionaire population plunged 27%

U.S. millionaires population expanded by 8% in 2010 - Yahoo! Finance

Let's see if we can figure this one out. In 2008 the stock market crashed. Hmmm, maybe that would explain the 27% plunge. Since then, the stock market has gradually been working it's way back, hence an increase in millionaires. But the increase was only 8%, so many still have not recouped their losses.

Truthfully, this don't mean chit. It doesn't mean our economy is growing significantly or that we are about to turn the corner. The only thing that can be said about this is that it's better than having lost another 27% of millionaires. Now that would be news worthy.

Wait, I thought the rich were nasty greedy people. So now Obama's policies have created more of them?? Wouldn't that be a failure of spreading the wealth around?
Of course the GOP victory in Nov is responsible for any upturn in the economy.

The only thing your OP really is saying is that the millionaire population is still 21% lower than it was two years ago. Things are going great, aren't they....

I don't doubt that one bit.

The society is fragmenting into the have and the have nots.

And there are more haves who have more without doubt.

And there are far more have-nots who have even less than ever, too.

This is what's to be expected when a nation is migrating from a vibrant consumer driven economy nation with a large middle class into a THIRD WORLD SHITHOLE.

The top 10% or so (the masters and their servant class) will end up all living like kings.

The bottom 90% or so, will, more or less, live like peasants.

Its the South American Banana Republic model.

Hence my occassional suggestion that we change the name of this nation to

BANANA-MERICA

Last edited:
The only thing your OP really is saying is that the millionaire population is still 21% lower than it was two years ago. Things are going great, aren't they....

Boy, you're a real "glass half empty" guy aren't you? What the OP is saying is that the President's policies have helped the economy.

number-of-us-millionaires.png

See that UPtick? That's improvement. I know it's hard to recognize after the Bush years and all...

So, the President isn't "bad for business" communist as the rightwingnuts like to claim. Seems like just another corporatist to me.

Boy, you're a real "glass half empty" guy aren't you? What the OP is saying is that the President's policies have helped the economy.

See that UPtick? That's improvement. I know it's hard to recognize after the Bush years and all...

So, the President isn't "bad for business" communist as the rightwingnuts like to claim. Seems like just another corporatist to me.

Your chart shows you either lie or can't read a chart. Notice how growth during the Bush years was pretty robust. Under Obama,not so much.
It is not "rightwingnutes" claiming Obama is antibusiness. It is businessmen and their member organizations.

Your chart shows you either lie or can't read a chart. Notice how growth during the Bush years was pretty robust. Under Obama,not so much.
It is not "rightwingnutes" claiming Obama is antibusiness. It is businessmen and their member organizations.

Nice anti Obama spin, but the drop occurred during Bush's Presidency, not Obama's. You might want to see someone for that ODS...

Are you not able to understand your own chart?

It shows steady growth under Bush with the GOP running most of Congress, then, shortly after the dems get control it tanks.

So thanks for pointing out the when the dims controll Congress, they fuck up the economy.

Forum List

Back