Military retirees face cuts

The amount of co-pay doesn't matter, if you care to type it out go for it, or look it up and cut and paste it. Fact is it is going up 1 Oct.

Who doesn't live near a military dental facility? Thousands of retirees probably. I'm one of them. The closest commissary is an hour and 15 minutes away. And it's on a reserve base without a dental clinic. Just spent over $1700 on dental care for the Mrs. all out of my pocket. So yes I can bitch about the broken promises. And obviously know how well the civilian system works. Cash talks. We basically have zero dental coverage.

Anyway please enjoy the rights and privileges that your Military has kept for you over the past 200 years.

.....that I have paid for. Your paycheck, pension and benefits come from people like me. You can thank me later. I'll wait.

You mean all those taxes i pay don't do anything? You do understand that military pay is taxable to include retirement pay. Not only that but if your home of record state has a state income tax you pay it too, I paid Ohio taxes for 22 years and I wasn't even in the state. And I still pay taxes, though Ohio recently stopped taxing military retirement, the feds still do. But nice try, Do play again.

Did I say anything about any taxes you pay or don't pay? It would appear that you and Warrior share the same comprehension skills. Did they teach you two that in the military too?

The amount of co-pay doesn't matter, if you care to type it out go for it, or look it up and cut and paste it. Fact is it is going up 1 Oct.

Who doesn't live near a military dental facility? Thousands of retirees probably. I'm one of them. The closest commissary is an hour and 15 minutes away. And it's on a reserve base without a dental clinic. Just spent over $1700 on dental care for the Mrs. all out of my pocket. So yes I can bitch about the broken promises. And obviously know how well the civilian system works. Cash talks. We basically have zero dental coverage.

Anyway please enjoy the rights and privileges that your Military has kept for you over the past 200 years.

.....that I have paid for. Your paycheck, pension and benefits come from people like me. You can thank me later. I'll wait.

You mean all those taxes i pay don't do anything? You do understand that military pay is taxable to include retirement pay. Not only that but if your home of record state has a state income tax you pay it too, I paid Ohio taxes for 22 years and I wasn't even in the state. And I still pay taxes, though Ohio recently stopped taxing military retirement, the feds still do. But nice try, Do play again.

Yup, I enlisted out of Kansas City Missouri and I paid Missouri state taxes my whole 7 years in, even though I had not been to the state since the year 2000.

Not only is the taxpayer on the hook for my pension, health care, shopping, free base gym, and lots of other stuff, I teach in a public school system. I make a very good salary. It is 12:10 here which is lunch time. The citizens did and are still getting their money's worth though.

I love his "people like me" taxpayer crap.

I guess he's under the assumption you and I are exempt from paying taxes. They're probably teaching that farce over at Democratic Underground.

Even as gargantuan as our military complex is, without "people like me", your taxes could not support the pay, pensions and benefits.
All the money you ever paid to taxes could not replace one limb lost over in Afghanistan, which have risen exponentially lately.

The number of U.S. troops who had amputations rose sharply from 86 in 2009, to 187 in 2010 and 147 so far this year, military officials said Tuesday, releasing the report on catastrophic wounds.

I'll go ahead and thank you now. I recognize your contributions that facilitated me serving this great nation for 20-years and I deeply appreciate it, thank you.

I will now request that you support the noble position of honoring commitments made for services already rendered instead of supporting changes after the fact.

>>>>

I'll go ahead and thank you now. I recognize your contributions that facilitated me serving this great nation for 20-years and I deeply appreciate it, thank you.

I will now request that you support the noble position of honoring commitments made for services already rendered instead of supporting changes after the fact.

>>>>
The driver consistently eschews attending his rearview mirror...

Last edited:
This thread illustrates the growing divide between the civilian sector and the Military active duty/retirees/veterans.

Well there are even some veterans who just didn't get it. Some went and did their time and thought it was just a 9 to 5 job they were doing. I had a few of those working for me. Then there are those like Mr Yank who has proven to be not worthy of my time.

This thread illustrates the growing divide between the civilian sector and the Military active duty/retirees/veterans.
I have some good news for you, High Gravity. Military approval is higher than any other U.S. Institution: Gallup Poll, 2011

78% - Great deal, quite a lot
16% - Some
3% - Very little/none

Do the math. There's some kind of personal resentment going on to arrive in the 3% who completely dis the needs of active, retired, and veterans. Those at the bottom 3% who disapprove helping vets have to make a lot of noise or no one will hear them.

That's just my humble opinion.

I have some good news for you, High Gravity. Military approval is higher than any other U.S. Institution: Gallup Poll, 2011

16% - Some
3% - Very little/none

Do the math. There's some kind of personal resentment going on to arrive in the 3% who completely dis the needs of active, retired, and veterans. Those at the bottom 3% who disapprove helping vets have to make a lot of noise or no one will hear them.

Unfortunatly for us it seems that those 3% are all congressman and politicans who want to rape our Military of all its benefits.

Never heard of anyone calling in sick while on active duty. You reported to first formation of the day and requested sick call. The Doctor then would decide if you returned to duty or went on "quarters". And if you were given quarters you had better be at home or in your barracks room.

I remember dragging my ass to the ship - in the rain - at 0500 and reporting to sick bay before quarters at 0730. Back in those days, if you needed bed rest, you went to your rack, not back to the apartment.

I guess that's today's military - calling in sick. Wouldn't surprise me.

Hang on. I'll get you a hanky.

Why would it be shocking that the Obama administration would be targeting this rather than cutting waste?

Obama administration?

Bush cut taxes for the rich and now there is no money for military pensions.

All those military folks who voted for Bush cut their own throats.
Bullshit as always from you. Cutting obamacare would be the biggest benefit to this country. Instead of cutting benefits to the very people, the military, who protect our freedoms, cut benefits to lazy slobs who exploit welfare at our cost. Libtards are such idiots.

16% - Some
3% - Very little/none

Unfortunatly for us it seems that those 3% are all congressman and politicans who want to rape our Military of all its benefits.
If you went to the link above, you would see congress is at 12% approval; 40% some; and 48% very little/none.

A lot of crazy claims are being made by extremists these days. If 3% are getting through to the congress, that's truly oil the squeaky wheel stuff. The way to fix that is to outsqueak the pips.

Never heard of anyone calling in sick while on active duty. You reported to first formation of the day and requested sick call. The Doctor then would decide if you returned to duty or went on "quarters". And if you were given quarters you had better be at home or in your barracks room.

I remember dragging my ass to the ship - in the rain - at 0500 and reporting to sick bay before quarters at 0730. Back in those days, if you needed bed rest, you went to your rack, not back to the apartment.

Don't need one, 3 percenter.

How does it feel to rank with 3% of the most disapproved people in the USA, DaGoose, who hate our military, or are you just some jihadist with an investment in a mideastern 'charity'?

Don't need one, 3 percenter.
:lmao:
<You must spread some reputation around before giving some to Warrior 102 again>

16% - Some
3% - Very little/none

If you went to the link above, you would see congress is at 12% approval; 40% some; and 48% very little/none.

A lot of crazy claims are being made by extremists these days. If 3% are getting through to the congress, that's truly oil the squeaky wheel stuff. The way to fix that is to outsqueak the pips.

If you want to really know whats worrying me Becki its the lack of familiarity you could say for the civilians in regards to the Military, most people now don't really know much about the service besides what they see on the news and on Medal of Honor for PS3. Back during Korea and Nam there was a draft going on and everyone either knew a loved one who served or did so themselves, so the Military was a familiar establishment for the American people and they understood that things like free medical, dental etc are earned, they are not free like a welfare check or cash aid. Now, we have 2 wars going on and an all volunteer service streched to the limit with people deploying multiple times to Iraq and Afghanistan, there is not as many people in the service as before and there is no draft, so for most people unless they have a loved one who happens to be in the Military the wars we are fighting are of no real consequence to them, just something to watch on the tv in the morning before lighting up that bong in the trailer.

How does it feel to rank with 3% of the most disapproved people in the USA, DaGoose, who hate our military, or are you just some jihadist with an investment in a mideastern 'charity'?

I don't hate our military. Heck, my daughter is getting most of her college paid for through them and my son-in-law just got back from Afghanistan.

I'll tell you who MUST hate our military though. The ones who still support sending our soldiers off to fight and die in Iraq for NO GOOD REASON.

I don't hate our military. Heck, my daughter is getting most of her college paid for through them and my son-in-law just got back from Afghanistan.

I'll tell you who MUST hate our military though. The ones who still support sending our soldiers off to fight and die in Iraq for NO GOOD REASON.

What a pantload. You're the poster child of "Spit" on US Servicemembers. "The ones who still support...."

Yeah, that would be you and Obama (Chickenhawks), asswipe.

Thanks.

I still have friends in the service and you cannot call in sick, however I have seen cases where a troop comes in to work coughing and sneezing and their supervisor sends them home for the day. The only time I have heard Military members able to call in sick is if they work in a special duty assignment like at a MEPS or ROTC station in a college where there supervisor is probably a civilian anyways who is ok with that.

CaféAuLait;4169387 said:
CaféAuLait;4169362 said:
And when Obama signed the bill extending the Bush tax cuts, what did he say?

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

You're being a bit disingenuous. Obama was referring to the extension of UE benefits and tax breaks for the middle class. He was not referring to the Bush tax cuts. The only reason he agreed to extend the Bush tax cuts was to get the GOP to agree to extend UE benefits. And it was a temporary extension until 2012.

Sorry, how does:

Mr. Obama said the bill would create jobs and boost the still-struggling U.S. economy. He called it a "substantial victory for middle class families" who would otherwise have seen a tax increase.

"In fact, not only will middle class Americans avoid a tax increase, but tens of millions of Americans will start the new year off right by opening their first paycheck to see that it's larger than the one they get right now," he said.

Translate into UE benefits?

Yes it does. It also confirms what I already stated. Though, I should have chosen my words a little more carefully. What I meant was that Obama never embraced the Bush tax cuts for top earners. He specifically stated on several occasions during the presidential campaign and during his presidency, that he wants to see the tax cuts for top earners expire while keeping the tax cuts for the middle class in place. The only reason he agreed to temporarily extend all of the Bush tax cuts was to get an extension of UE benefits. This is not a theory. It is a fact that has been well-documented.

Forum List

Back