Military photos of soldiers with dead

Graphic photos showing U.S. troops posing with dead Afghans were published by a German news organization Monday, with one showing a soldier smiling as he held a bloodied and partially clothed corpse.

The photos published by Der Spiegel were among several seized by Army investigators looking into the deaths of three unarmed Afghans last year. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, south of Seattle, have been charged with murder and conspiracy in the case.

Der Spiegel did not respond to requests for comment on Monday. It wasn't known how the organization obtained copies of the photos.

Photos show GIs posing with dead Afghans - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

we train them to kill...then get all pissy when they are proud of their work....

anyone on a military base for any period of time has seen these slogans:

mess with the best...die with the rest

we kill them all and let god sort them

marines dont judge terrorist, god does, marines just arrange the meeting...

for every damned fucking photo of the us soldier with a dead afghanistan....i want to see fucking photos of beheaded soldiers etc.

Between you and me, I would prefer that we pass on the beheaded soldiers part of that.

And quite frankly, I would prefer to think of us as the good guys in this conflict. I'd rather our soldiers take their job with a measure of sorrow for what they have to do for us. They fight for us and to defend us, but they don't have to enjoy doing it... IMHO.

Immie

I agree Immie, but this is one side effect of an all volunteer military.
Well that and having cowboy bring em on types of leaders.
And being reinforced by the hate and fear spewing pundits out there.

I killed many in combat and never once acted like those guys.
I felt no pride at all in killing. A sense of relief at not being killed or protecting my fellow troops, but trophy posing is just wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back